$7.50 an hour for Third Key?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Rae89 in Arkansas

51 months ago

So I've worked for Dollar General for over a year now and was promoted to third key back in early June. I was told by my manager that my pay would now be $8.25 an hour. My hours increased by almost twenty and so did my paycheck, so I assumed I had received my raise. Today I checked my most recent paycheck on the store computer and discovered I was only being paid $7.50 an hour. I asked the assistant manager and was told it was the correct amount. I then asked my manager and she told me she had thought it was $8.25 and basically played it off as being confused. I was also under the impression that anyone with the company for a year was allowed a vacation, and yet when I asked I was denied, though May was my one year mark. I'm the youngest in the store and I know they take advantage of me sometimes, complaining if I ask for my scheduled breaks and not paying me for working overtime. Can anyone please tell me if I'm being cheated?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Denton in Denton, Texas

51 months ago

Every time you clock in or out there is a number on the bottom of your slip you should call if not being payed for time worked, CALL IT. As far as pay goes, I am an SMC promoted from ASM and am still awaiting my raise for two months now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tryin to sink the DG ship in Somewhere in, Florida

51 months ago

Bend over and grab your ankles. Now repeat after me. "Thank you sir, may I have another?" Get used to it. Welcome to DG

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jason Looney in Clearwater, Florida

51 months ago

Tryin to sink the DG ship in Somewhere in, Florida said: Bend over and grab your ankles. Now repeat after me. "Thank you sir, may I have another?" Get used to it. Welcome to DG

^^^^^^^^^^^^

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Former Mgr in Winston Salem, North Carolina

29 months ago

its possible its not the managers fault and it could be the DM or someone else did not approve or process the raise. It would be proper to give the manager a chance as it may not be their fault

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rae89 in Arkansas

29 months ago

Former Mgr in Winston Salem, North Carolina said: its possible its not the managers fault and it could be the DM or someone else did not approve or process the raise. It would be proper to give the manager a chance as it may not be their fault

It might not have been her fault initially, but she refused to look into it for me. When I had proof of what I was supposed to be making, she basically shrugged and blew me off. I have since quit, but they got away with under paying me for quite a while.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Olena in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

12 months ago

WOW! thats crazy. you would think that the manager would be able to set the price of your raise... I would be like aww yea demote me back down thats not worth it for a .25 raise to have more responsibilities. My manager talked to me about her wanting to make me a third key.... and said the pay is about 8-9/hr. now that makes me wonder. but you can complain and sue DG for not paying you overtime..

Rae89 in Arkansas said: So I've worked for Dollar General for over a year now and was promoted to third key back in early June. I was told by my manager that my pay would now be $8.25 an hour. My hours increased by almost twenty and so did my paycheck, so I assumed I had received my raise. Today I checked my most recent paycheck on the store computer and discovered I was only being paid $7.50 an hour. I asked the assistant manager and was told it was the correct amount. I then asked my manager and she told me she had thought it was $8.25 and basically played it off as being confused. I was also under the impression that anyone with the company for a year was allowed a vacation, and yet when I asked I was denied, though May was my one year mark. I'm the youngest in the store and I know they take advantage of me sometimes, complaining if I ask for my scheduled breaks and not paying me for working overtime. Can anyone please tell me if I'm being cheated?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Olena in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

12 months ago

Denton in Denton, Texas said: Every time you clock in or out there is a number on the bottom of your slip you should call if not being payed for time worked, CALL IT. As far as pay goes, I am an SMC promoted from ASM and am still awaiting my raise for two months now.

Whats SMC? wow why would they take so long to change the pay that is BS. I would be on top of that...

Bluewatergirl in Dowagiac, Michigan

12 months ago

Don't feel bad. At my store there's a girl working as an assistant manager, but she's still considered a sales associate, which means she's making the same money an associate would, but doing the duties of an ASM.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.