This is the worst place I've ever worked at.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

nanawolfg1 in Dora, Alabama

25 months ago

store associate in Ranger, Georgia said: Wow! You asked Dollar General for a job, and they generously gave you one. And now that you don't need them anymore you talk negatively about them. Dollar General is about "serving others". I wish I could give that manager a hug. Good help is hard to find.

LOL LOL What planet are you living on? Dollar General is about serving themselves. They come up with all kinds of ridiculous ideas and expect overworked employees to impliment them. Where is the time? They expect way to much for the pay received. Or are you one of those managers that are on salary and get all those wonderful bonuses. That the hourlys work their butts off for you to receive. Wake up.. Or corporate will have you out the door next. And be sure not to get hurt or you will be gone even faster. LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Beth.bakery@hotmail.com in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

16 months ago

store associate in Ranger, Georgia said: Wow! You asked Dollar General for a job, and they generously gave you one. And now that you don't need them anymore you talk negatively about them. Dollar General is about "serving others". I wish I could give that manager a hug. Good help is hard to find.

Your an Idiot!!!! Dollar General SUCKS!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

horrible in Lafayette, Indiana said: Generously? I applied for this job back in June, In June, I was told that I would be hired, was officially hired in June, but didn't start working until late July. I've been talking negatively about them about a week after I was hired because of the non-work and constant excuses I was given. I just happened to find this site recently.

I have nothing against the job itself, but this manager is constantly saying one thing, and then changing it the next minute. When I went in to look at the schedule this past Friday, I asked her if everything was actually going to be over in August (which is what she told me), and she suddenly got mad at me and said that I had never quit. When I explained that she told me that I wouldn't be able to work past August because of the new work scheduling system they're going to get, she backtracked and told me that I "misunderstood;" that I would be able to work there on the weekends (and essentially never have a day off between DG and the school). But since I was given more hours at the school, I went ahead and quit.

Don't assume I'm some horrible worker. My manager likes me, and once she realized that I wasn't going to just leave the school for DG, she tried to work with me, and wants me to still be there. Don't preach at me about "serving others." I know what the environment is supposed to be like. All of my jobs have been in fields that serve others.

You are right Dollar General is the worst company to work for!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

The Dollar General experience I had was ridiculous!!!!!! They didn't want to work at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Talladega, Alabama

12 months ago

DG sucks, period. When remodeling a store they will pay about minimum wage to sweat in the summer sun lifting and unloading. No bonus for the work you did, nothing. They pay pennies and expect miracles. I never offer to work on days I am off, because it's barely worth the gas money to go do it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

neil in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

8 months ago

I started in September and got trained as an smc for 1 week then got thrown into a store with an unacceptable rating and got told by my dm that i had 2 months to fix it or else..the store i was in had loss of over $88,000 its last inventory. .so what thet forced me to do is step down from st.. manager to smc which sucks...im not happy at all and ive only been here for 3 months

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jmix in Fort Wayne, Indiana

4 months ago

It's a discount chain that competes with Family Dollar and the other bargain basement operations. To expect more than minimum amount employee concerns is to expect too much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.