assessment test

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

stu in Saint Louis, Missouri

35 months ago

I flunked the test. I feel so stupid!!! I am dyslectic. (that may have had some thing to do with it)
I know at one point-I knew I kept sounding negative about the responses. I didn't want it to look like "I thought the worse of the situation they were talking about.
I had a manager job for 25 years-but I can't pass this test to be a cashier?
Thanks for listening

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Former Mgr in Winston Salem, North Carolina

25 months ago

if you try to answer the answers correctly you will probably fail-- part of the test is dishonesty screening. I heard a senior recruiter comment on one of the tests -- when a new version was released.

stu in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I flunked the test. I feel so stupid!!! I am dyslectic. (that may have had some thing to do with it)
I know at one point-I knew I kept sounding negative about the responses. I didn't want it to look like "I thought the worse of the situation they were talking about.
I had a manager job for 25 years-but I can't pass this test to be a cashier ?
Thanks for listening

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sookie2011 in cookeville, Tennessee

24 months ago

I took the test last week on line, I was shocked at some of them questions..infact personally they were stupid answers to the the questions..Does this test hinder anyone from getting a job with DG ? If so I guess I failed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jenn Lancaster KY in Lancaster, Kentucky

22 months ago

sookie2011 in cookeville, Tennessee said: I took the test last week on line, I was shocked at some of them questions..infact personally they were stupid answers to the the questions..Does this test hinder anyone from getting a job with DG ? If so I guess I failed.

I have a BA degree, 1/2 of my Master's completed, 7 years of management, 2 years of teaching along with other skills and I FAILED to meet their assessment standards. REALLY? Some of the people working there look like they may have barely passed High School. But on the other hand, my BA is in Human Services and Counseling and the test questions are based on why people act the way the act, and obviously my perspective is different.

I wish everyone else taking the assessment the best of luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Connie in Morgantown, West Virginia

10 months ago

Jenn Lancaster KY in Lancaster, Kentucky said: I have a BA degree, 1/2 of my Master's completed, 7 years of management, 2 years of teaching along with other skills and I FAILED to meet their assessment standards. REALLY? Some of the people working there look like they may have barely passed High School. But on the other hand, my BA is in Human Services and Counseling and the test questions are based on why people act the way the act, and obviously my perspective is different.

My mother retired after being in nursing for 30 years and wanted a part time job to keep her moving and busy. I was with her when she took this stupid test and the answers they want are really moronic. Of course if you live in the real world and answer honestly you will fail. They will not hire her because of this test and she is not allowed to take it for a year. I think Dollar General really needs to think over their hiring process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hazmatlang in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

5 months ago

Don't feel bad, I have also been a senior manager for over 25 years and I failed as well for a temporary, part time position in my neighborhood store. NONE OF THE ABOVE, needs to be an alternative answer and I advise against honesty in answering the questions unless of course you are the one who authored the answers. I really think that they must lower the quality of the applicants they have when using this test as a tool to find employees. I also think that any success they find in its use is unrelated to its use and time will prove that out. It seems that those who wrote the assessment and answers have never managed people or they would recognize how foolish those answers are. I would not be surprised if people with actual mangement experience fail the test routinely!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Robyn in Auburn, Kentucky

4 months ago

stu in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I flunked the test. I feel so stupid!!! I am dyslectic. (that may have had some thing to do with it)
I had a manager job for 25 years-but I can't pass this test to be a cashier ?
Thanks for listening

How do you know if you passed or failed the test. I just took it over the weekend. but it didnt say if I passed or failed. Ive been wondering all weekend if I passed or not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

How do you know if you passed or failed this test. I took it over the weekend and I have been wondering If I passed or failed it. It didnt say after taking the test. So Im wonder how do you know if you passed or not

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yup in San Diego, California

4 months ago

Robyn in Auburn, Kentucky said: How do you know if you passed or failed this test. I took it over the weekend and I have been wondering If I passed or failed it. It didnt say after taking the test. So Im wonder how do you know if you passed or not

You won't know until they call you back for an interview. If they call you for an interview, that means that you did well enough on the test to be considered for the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

Yup in San Diego, California said: You won't know until they call you back for an interview. If they call you for an interview, that means that you did well enough on the test to be considered for the job.

Oh so everyone that said they failed just didnt get a call for an interview. It really doesnt mean they didnt pass they just didnt get a call for an interview. Thanks for the info

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yup in San Diego, California

4 months ago

Robyn in Auburn, Kentucky said: Oh so everyone that said they failed just didnt get a call for an interview. It really doesnt mean they didnt pass they just didnt get a call for an interview. Thanks for the info

They usually will not call you and tell you how you did on the test. If you did well on the test, then they consider or do call you for the interview. These tests are very ridiculous and unfortunate in my opinion. I wish they would be outlawed. They really tell nothing about how well someone will do in a job. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

Got the call today. Now waiting for more paper work then Im hired. Now I feel really stupid LOL!! They say the smart people cant pass the test. I passed guess Im not smart JK!!! Im just glad I got the call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Trust Name in Story County, Iowa

4 months ago

I also didn't pass the assessment test. I wouldn't mind if they were outlawed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ratisha in Charlotte, North Carolina

3 months ago

Need to find dollar general assessment test for south blvd charlotte 28210

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joy Morrison in Christiansburg, Virginia

3 months ago

I have a bachelors degree in Psychology, and I found the test quite easy. (i got the job too) These tests aren't designed for right or wrong answers...they are designed to see if you are answering honestly. They ask the same questions over and over again in multiple formats to see if you lied before. So the key is paying attention, and if the same questions pops up again ANSWER IT THE EXACT SAME WAY. In psychology when you are learning to write surveys they teach you do this all the time...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joy Morrison in Christiansburg, Virginia

3 months ago

Jenn Lancaster KY in Lancaster, Kentucky said: I have a BA degree, 1/2 of my Master's completed, 7 years of management, 2 years of teaching along with other skills and I FAILED to meet their assessment standards. REALLY? Some of the people working there look like they may have barely passed High School. But on the other hand, my BA is in Human Services and Counseling and the test questions are based on why people act the way the act, and obviously my perspective is different.

Actually I work at dollar general and I have a bachelors degree in psycholgy, and recently starting masters programs... so that statement about the people looking like the barely made it through high school in completely inaccurate... just saying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jordansmom769 in Munfordville, Kentucky

19 days ago

Robyn in Auburn, Kentucky said: How do you know if you passed or failed this test. I took it over the weekend and I have been wondering If I passed or failed it. It didnt say after taking the test. So Im wonder how do you know if you passed or not

IDK for sure, but I've applied at a total of 9 Dollar Generals (1 about a year 1/2 ago-the only time I took the assessment; 8 about a month ago.) Every one of them kicked out a reply with "we have decided to pursue other candidates at this time."

My guess is the assessment had plenty to do with it, since the last 8 I applied at same time and the replies came at the same time. This is crazy, it's Dollar Store not a Fortune 500 office... smh

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.