assessment test

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Jordansmom769 in Munfordville, Kentucky

6 months ago

Robyn in Auburn, Kentucky said: How do you know if you passed or failed this test. I took it over the weekend and I have been wondering If I passed or failed it. It didnt say after taking the test. So Im wonder how do you know if you passed or not

IDK for sure, but I've applied at a total of 9 Dollar Generals (1 about a year 1/2 ago-the only time I took the assessment; 8 about a month ago.) Every one of them kicked out a reply with "we have decided to pursue other candidates at this time."

My guess is the assessment had plenty to do with it, since the last 8 I applied at same time and the replies came at the same time. This is crazy, it's Dollar Store not a Fortune 500 office... smh

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Tara F in Warsaw, Missouri

4 months ago

Jordansmom769 in Munfordville, Kentucky said: IDK for sure, but I've applied at a total of 9 Dollar Generals (1 about a year 1/2 ago-the only time I took the assessment; 8 about a month ago.) Every one of them kicked out a reply with "we have decided to pursue other candidates at this time."

My guess is the assessment had plenty to do with it, since the last 8 I applied at same time and the replies came at the same time. This is crazy, it's Dollar Store not a Fortune 500 office... smh

If you fail the test once in a year, it doesnt matter how many times you apply and take the test again. You can not be hired for a year if you fail the test. So you can apply all you want but your application will not appear in a SMs system.

Also if you apply online and don't take and pass the assessment your application wont show up on a SMs system either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Darklin in Ann Arbor, Michigan

4 months ago

About the provit test or assessment test or what ever it is called. There is no logical correct answer that can be given. As a manager I have seen these type of things come up on a time to time case. I have had long term employees do stupid things just out of a fluke not at all like them ever. One question was why someone left right after the manager but still had 2 hours left on the shift. No answer fit that question. Because I had someone do just about that same thing in real life and it was none of the answers.

The best answer is the answer that you have experienced. Right or Wrong it is the best answer.

Answer the questions on your experience... and you can't be wrong. Experience beats any other answer.

DG might think you are wrong but you're not wrong.

If you want to answer giving the benefit of the doubt then there would never be anyone fired from DG. Has anyone been fired from DG for doing something on one of the questions that was asked? Take them to court get the test result from the person who fired you and if they answered the question different... then they need to give back your job. and give you the benefit of the doubt.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

DJsbabies1 in Columbus, Ohio

4 months ago

The assessment test is stupid. How could I know why someone left their shift early, why would I know why someone was eating food but didn't pay for it, How would I know why so and so clocked in but then left the store, The assessment test was all about what another person was or wasn't doing. It should have been questions about ME. I am a good employee, always on time and do the best I can. I have been in customer service for over 30 years. I guess I did not meet the assessment since I never heard back from DG. They dropped the ball on this one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

clementm in Memphis, Tennessee

3 months ago

i need to tae assessment test need a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.