Dollar General Online Application

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

TSchwartz in Indianapolis, Indiana

71 months ago

Very recently, I've tried to apply online for Dollar General via the express hiring method but unfortunately, I'm unable to get past the initial stages, this being the log on page. The requirements are your social security number, which is used as an log ID and the first four digits of your birth date ( ex; 0224 )for your pass word.

My social security is accepted but my birth date is not. Regardless of what is typed, it will always be flagged as invalid. I've tried different fixes from deleting my web browser's cookies / cache to entering another date, assuming the one I entered previously was wrong. None have worked.

Now, I went online to fill out this express hiring because during the holiday seasons I pulled a store walk-in asking for an application but was told they were currently out of them and should try online. At the time, I dismissed it and went on my business. Months later, I finally did as was suggested and obviously, it didn't go well. I went back to the store and again inquired if they had any actual paper applications but was told that they no longer do that, that it was all online.

Now that you've made it this far in my lengthy post ( I apologize ), I'm curious on what I can do. Should I sit tight and try the online application another date or should I try and speak to a manager personally? Could perhaps speaking to one individually but considered an application in itself given the odd circumstances? Again, sorry for the long post, just eager to find work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (285) / No (69) Reply - Report abuse

mrsallen in Dalton, Georgia

70 months ago

I have went thru all the process, drug test, express hiring, do they do a credit check before hiring?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (112) / No (50) Reply - Report abuse

Alonda in Hamtramck, Michigan

58 months ago

TSchwartz in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Very recently, I've tried to apply online for Dollar General via the express hiring method but unfortunately, I'm unable to get past the initial stages, this being the log on page. The requirements are your social security number, which is used as an log ID and the first four digits of your birth date ( ex; 0224 )for your pass word.

My social security is accepted but my birth date is not. Regardless of what is typed, it will always be flagged as invalid. I've tried different fixes from deleting my web browser's cookies / cache to entering another date, assuming the one I entered previously was wrong. None have worked.

Now, I went online to fill out this express hiring because during the holiday seasons I pulled a store walk-in asking for an application but was told they were currently out of them and should try online. At the time, I dismissed it and went on my business. Months later, I finally did as was suggested and obviously, it didn't go well. I went back to the store and again inquired if they had any actual paper applications but was told that they no longer do that, that it was all online.

Now that you've made it this far in my lengthy post ( I apologize ), I'm curious on what I can do. Should I sit tight and try the online application another date or should I try and speak to a manager personally? Could perhaps speaking to one individually but considered an application in itself given the odd circumstances? Again, sorry for the long post, just eager to find work.

What I had to do is go to the library and let them pull the sight up for me and it worked

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (69) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

Kay in Hyattsville, Maryland

36 months ago

TSchwartz in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Very recently, I've tried to apply online for Dollar General via the express hiring method but unfortunately, I'm unable to get past the initial stages, this being the log on page. The requirements are your social security number, which is used as an log ID and the first four digits of your birth date ( ex; 0224 )for your pass word.

trying to apply on line and wont go any farther. how can I get to the application

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

I eager to go to work to

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

I am very eager to go to work and need to get a job, abut trying to apply at the dollar general but it wont go through, how can i get this application done so I can go to work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Linda Marie B in Bridgeville, Delaware

32 months ago

Does anyone know when the dollar general store in greenwood,de is opening? Every day I see that there is a position for manager but that's it. How about other positions for that store? Cashiers, associates etc. is needed to run a store isn't it? Hope to apply for a position besides manager. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

rockinrobin69d@hotmail.com in Covington, Louisiana

29 months ago

I am having a hard time filling out application form. There are none to fill out on line. The ones that are there want you to approve a college to call you. I donot want to go to college I just want to fill out an on line application. I went to all stores located in covington la. They tell me that they are paperless and everything is done on line. If this is the case then why cant I apply online.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

edna in West Helena, Arkansas

19 months ago

i have made it threw everything but the assement how d i get threw with the process. its just saying pending progress.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

divina in El Paso, Texas

19 months ago

mrsallen in Dalton, Georgia said: I have went thru all the process, drug test, express hiring , do they do a credit check before hiring?

No they didn't.i have a question you already do the assessment test im trying to do it online but I don't know in what page I have to go for the dollar general assessment test..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

divina in El Paso, Texas

19 months ago

edna in West Helena, Arkansas said: i have made it threw everything but the assement how d i get threw with the process. its just saying pending progress.

IM having a really hard time trying to make the assessment test do you know to what page I have to go to make the dollar general assessment test online

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Candy in Dalton, Georgia

19 months ago

Now, I went online to fill out this express hiring because during the holiday seasons I pulled a store walk-in asking for an application but was told they were currently out of them and should try online. At the time, I dismissed it and went on my business . Months later, I finally did as was suggested and obviously, it didn't go well. I went back to the store and again inquired if they had any actual paper applications but was told that they no longer do that, that it was all online.

I have had the same problem and have yet to fill out an application. Let us know if something changes...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

theresawestcott69@yahoo.com

16 months ago

I have applied to 49 different jobs through the. dollar general wenb site and a couple through indeed. com. I am hoping that dollar general rehires me but as of yet I have no calls or feed back as to my applications. This is a great company to work for. I am rehirable as I do show up in the stores computer for the position but as I have said no feed back. I even have applied for store manager position and I cannot evenget told I didn't pass the assesment.I know u are to wait for a callback on that but come on I have applied 7 times and failed every time. If anyone can help me with this it would be appreciated. I have been a lead, assistant and a store manager for this company. I do know a few things. Thank You for your time and reading this. Truly frustrated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Talladega, Alabama

16 months ago

Trust me you don't want to work at Dollar General. It sucks! They pay nothing and expect you to sweat and bust your butt at 6 am to put out some crappy products. It's a job but it's not a career. If you do get hired at Dollar General you better think of it as a pay check for right now but keep looking for something better. They asked me to come in on my off days and I just said no, I'm not scheduled to work and I'm not ruining my day to stock some shelves for a few pennies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Lori in Kansas City, Missouri

16 months ago

Mark in Talladega, Alabama said: Trust me you don't want to work at Dollar General . It sucks! They pay nothing and expect you to sweat and bust your butt at 6 am to put out some crappy products. It's a job but it's not a career. If you do get hired at Dollar General you better think of it as a pay check for right now but keep looking for something better. They asked me to come in on my off days and I just said no, I'm not scheduled to work and I'm not ruining my day to stock some shelves for a few pennies.

I had a similar experience on the scheduling. But I did have a great store manager that learned a lot from , though she was tough.

Here is a blog post that talks about the application, hope it helps! www.jobunlocker.com/blog/tips-on-applying-for-a-job-at-dollar-general-stores/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Crystal in Williamson, West Virginia

5 months ago

We're is my "session ID" at. I can't take the assessment test cause I can't even get to it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.