Dollar General Online Application

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

TSchwartz in Indianapolis, Indiana

80 months ago

Very recently, I've tried to apply online for Dollar General via the express hiring method but unfortunately, I'm unable to get past the initial stages, this being the log on page. The requirements are your social security number, which is used as an log ID and the first four digits of your birth date ( ex; 0224 )for your pass word.

My social security is accepted but my birth date is not. Regardless of what is typed, it will always be flagged as invalid. I've tried different fixes from deleting my web browser's cookies / cache to entering another date, assuming the one I entered previously was wrong. None have worked.

Now, I went online to fill out this express hiring because during the holiday seasons I pulled a store walk-in asking for an application but was told they were currently out of them and should try online. At the time, I dismissed it and went on my business. Months later, I finally did as was suggested and obviously, it didn't go well. I went back to the store and again inquired if they had any actual paper applications but was told that they no longer do that, that it was all online.

Now that you've made it this far in my lengthy post ( I apologize ), I'm curious on what I can do. Should I sit tight and try the online application another date or should I try and speak to a manager personally? Could perhaps speaking to one individually but considered an application in itself given the odd circumstances? Again, sorry for the long post, just eager to find work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (294) / No (71) Reply - Report abuse

mrsallen in Dalton, Georgia

78 months ago

I have went thru all the process, drug test, express hiring, do they do a credit check before hiring?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (115) / No (53) Reply - Report abuse

Alonda in Hamtramck, Michigan

66 months ago

TSchwartz in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Very recently, I've tried to apply online for Dollar General via the express hiring method but unfortunately, I'm unable to get past the initial stages, this being the log on page. The requirements are your social security number, which is used as an log ID and the first four digits of your birth date ( ex; 0224 )for your pass word.

My social security is accepted but my birth date is not. Regardless of what is typed, it will always be flagged as invalid. I've tried different fixes from deleting my web browser's cookies / cache to entering another date, assuming the one I entered previously was wrong. None have worked.

Now, I went online to fill out this express hiring because during the holiday seasons I pulled a store walk-in asking for an application but was told they were currently out of them and should try online. At the time, I dismissed it and went on my business. Months later, I finally did as was suggested and obviously, it didn't go well. I went back to the store and again inquired if they had any actual paper applications but was told that they no longer do that, that it was all online.

Now that you've made it this far in my lengthy post ( I apologize ), I'm curious on what I can do. Should I sit tight and try the online application another date or should I try and speak to a manager personally? Could perhaps speaking to one individually but considered an application in itself given the odd circumstances? Again, sorry for the long post, just eager to find work.

What I had to do is go to the library and let them pull the sight up for me and it worked

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (74) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Kay in Hyattsville, Maryland

44 months ago

TSchwartz in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Very recently, I've tried to apply online for Dollar General via the express hiring method but unfortunately, I'm unable to get past the initial stages, this being the log on page. The requirements are your social security number, which is used as an log ID and the first four digits of your birth date ( ex; 0224 )for your pass word.

trying to apply on line and wont go any farther. how can I get to the application

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

rockinrobin69d@hotmail.com in Covington, Louisiana

38 months ago

I am having a hard time filling out application form. There are none to fill out on line. The ones that are there want you to approve a college to call you. I donot want to go to college I just want to fill out an on line application. I went to all stores located in covington la. They tell me that they are paperless and everything is done on line. If this is the case then why cant I apply online.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.