Dollar General Store Mt. Pleasant, TN

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

rita sims in Mt. Pleasant, Tennessee

67 months ago

Never been treated so rudely in my life over a return. Finally after standing and waiting approx 10 min, the mgr. or assist mgr. came to help me. I returned an item this morning with the receipt and my credit card to have it credited back to my account. I was asked if she could give me cash back instead of the credit to my credit card, I was fine with that until I wanted my original receipt back and was told I could not have that because I was given cash back ($6.56), this receipt had close to $100 worth of other items, including clothing that might have to be returned. I informed her I needed my original receipt back for my files as well as I might need to return another item. Was told again, I could not have the receipt back. I told her to make a copy of it for her records. Was told they did not have a copy machine. I told her to void the cash transaction and credit my credit card then, so I would have my original receipt. She then threw my receipt at me. I had planned on shopping there today, but after that, I took my business to the Fred's in our town. Insist they credit back to your credit card, or you will not get your receipts back, (i guess that's their way of not having to refund you, if you do not have your receipt). Well, that's my last time and their store, I will spend my money where I am treated with respect!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

kitten10902 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

63 months ago

Here are a few basic rules of Dollar General:

1- if you purchased the items with a Credit card then you should not have been given cash back, you only get cash if you purchased with cash.

2-You do not get the original reciept back. The store has to keep it so that they have proof that the item was actually purchased to begin with. Dollar General likes to assume that it's employees are stealing if they do not keep the original.

3- We just now got copy machines in our stores.

4- You can get a customer copy of the return. That reciept would have a transaction number on that can be used to return any of the other items from the original transaction. (if you needed to return anything else on it I would think that you would return it with whatever you brought back this time)

5- You should have asked the manager for the customer complaint line. No one at corporate looks on this forum for your complaints about their company. Most people that post on here are disgruntled or former employees of the company and can not help you.

I do not defend what this manager did and if you complained then I'm sure their DM discussed this with them. They would not be fired for this like you stated in another post. It takes a lot to be terminated with Dollar General.

Please understand though that these store are understaffed at best and really what do you expect from someone who is making little to nothing. Besides, it's a DOLLAR store not Macy's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

GMA_Nae in Primghar, Iowa

63 months ago

kitten10902 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: Here are a few basic rules of Dollar General:

1- if you purchased the items with a Credit card then you should not have been given cash back, you only get cash if you purchased with cash.

2-You do not get the original reciept back. The store has to keep it so that they have proof that the item was actually purchased to begin with. Dollar General likes to assume that it's employees are stealing if they do not keep the original.

3- We just now got copy machines in our stores.

4- You can get a customer copy of the return. That reciept would have a transaction number on that can be used to return any of the other items from the original transaction. (if you needed to return anything else on it I would think that you would return it with whatever you brought back this time)

5- You should have asked the manager for the customer complaint line. No one at corporate looks on this forum for your complaints about their company. Most people that post on here are disgruntled or former employees of the company and can not help you.

I do not defend what this manager did and if you complained then I'm sure their DM discussed this with them. They would not be fired for this like you stated in another post. It takes a lot to be terminated with Dollar General.

Please understand though that these store are understaffed at best and really what do you expect from someone who is making little to nothing. Besides, it's a DOLLAR store not Macy's.

Are you serious? Using being understaffed as a reason for being rude to a customer??? There is absolutely know reason on this earth to be rude to a customer....after all without customers.....we wouldn't have our underpaying benefitless jobs would we??? Let's get real here....if a customer wants the original receipt it is theirs.....we can keep the customer copy of the return....afterall in order to create the return we have to scan the original....duh!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.