Lead Sales Associate Who Basically Runs Store

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

apache_angel in Worthington, Indiana

74 months ago

I hired in 4 yrs ago and my understanding then was the Store manager was to make the schedule, setting planograms tends to fall on all us but look to the positive side at least you will know where everything is and will not have to go looking for it. :) Payroll I am not sure about when I was a 3rd key I never sent payroll but things have changed alot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Dallasmavsfan in Stonewall, Mississippi

69 months ago

one1jazzy@yahoo.com in South Carolina said: I am a 3rd key holder and I practically run my store. There isn't too much that I do not know how to do. My question is what are Lead Sales Associates suppose to do? What are they required to do? I was never told to of what my job title holds. I think my manager is dropping all of her work on me and is just telling me that it is my job to do all these things when I really dont have to. I have only been with the company for 5 months and I do everyhting from sending payroll to setting planograms to making the schedule. Please help.!!!!!!!!!!!

if your manager is like mine then she traines you to do what she does in case there is a time when you need to know. I am glad i know how to do schedules , payroll etc. Especially since we have to send payroll through a computer in the office now. I started out as a sale associate and now i am asst. manager. I am without a manager now and am glad i dont have to panic because i have just stepped up and am doing what she was doing. I didnt meet the standards on the assessment for management but i get to retake it in 2 months. In the meantime they are sending another manager to run my store. I havent seen her yet and have been running it for about 2 weeks now. i do know that they hired outside for this manager and she had to work out a 2 week notice where she was at. It wasnt at another DG either. But you know what thats ok because when I get to retake the managers assessment i will pass it and get to just move on up. I am thinking positively. If i dont then i really havent lost anything and the higher ups will know that they can depend on me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dallasmavsfan in Stonewall, Mississippi

69 months ago

As for planograms and stuff like MMAPS anyone can do that. We train our people to do them and make sure they understand it has to be done with integrity---done right. The manager may get paid more and you may think that all of that is her duty but it takes everyone working as a team to get things done. Now if you are doibng everyhing because she doesnt do her part then you have a bigger issue and should try talking to her or your DM.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jared driskill in Richmond, Virginia

65 months ago

I was a third key in the same position too. I did alot managerial duties without managerial pay. I ended up refusing doing some of those tasks as a result of not getting a pay raise. (My dad didn't raise no chump!)I would've pressed the issue with my DM but I knew that DG was going to be a short term gig because I was due to graduate from college in a few weeks anyways and was going to quit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JimmieJohnson in New london, Wisconsin

65 months ago

one1jazzy@yahoo.com in South Carolina said: I am a 3rd key holder and I practically run my store. There isn't too much that I do not know how to do. My question is what are Lead Sales Associates suppose to do? What are they required to do? I was never told to of what my job title holds. I think my manager is dropping all of her work on me and is just telling me that it is my job to do all these things when I really dont have to. I have only been with the company for 5 months and I do everyhting from sending payroll to setting planograms to making the schedule. Please help.!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a store manager and i have been with the company for 5 years now and in all my years i have had my fair share of employees but i will tell you this i do beleive your store manager is abusing the right to delegate work to her employees. Ask yourself a question does she do all the stuff you do, do you feel like she has committed herself to the store like you feel you have if you feel that you have been mistreated then yes you should not be doing all that but like others have said it is good to know everything it takes to run a store. But i would never let my 3rd key do all of my job otherwise what am i getting paid for to sit on my rear end in the office i dont think so hope this is helpful otherwise talk to your dm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

JadeRose159 in Kaukauna, Wisconsin

21 months ago

I'm a Lead Sales Associate at my store too, and I end up doing a lot of my manager's duties as well. Mostly because he's never there past noon, or on weekends. And it sucks, it feels like why do they have a job in the first place if they are never there to help out. I'd call your human resources person because, if you're like me, the DM and SM are too "buddy-buddy" if you know what I mean. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.