illness

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

synB in Columbus, Ohio

81 months ago

you have to be half dead to be considered sick.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

synB in Columbus, Ohio

81 months ago

i worked at a retail store for 12 years.i of course,had my good and bad days. many times i went home in tears,but they didnt let me go,just because i had a bad day. however when i started at this dg,im let go,well not really let go. i was put on suspension,till the dm came in to talk to me,that never happened. so i was never officially terminated or anything. i like to know what i can do about this. any suggestions?

Royce3371 in Grayville, Illinois

68 months ago

If you have a doctors excuse there's not a thing in the world they can do to you. If they terminate you, you can get unemployment and sue them for wrongful termination

sabrina2008 in Danbury, Texas

67 months ago

I worked at Dollar General for about a month before I quit. During this time, I got reaaaally sick. I called in one day and was off the next two and thought that I would be better by then. I wasn't. So I went to the doctor to get an excuse for the next 2 days. My manager got mad and constantly harrassed me about it after that point. Saying I wasn't really that sick. She couldn't do a da** thing about though, which really ate at her.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.