Dollar General Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 113)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Dollar General?

What do you like best about working at Dollar General? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

SUZAN in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

92 months ago

I WORKED FOR DG FOR 2 YRS LOVED IT THEY START AT MINIMUN WAGE OFFER MEDICAL FOR A PRICE AND 401 K PLAN NO EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT AND IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT MANAGER IT IS A VERY PLEASANT PLACE TO WORK, LIKE ANY WHERE ELSE THEY HAVE DOWNFALLS LIKE NO MATERNITY LEAVEALOT OF TIMES YOU WORK DIFFERENT SHIFTS FROM DAY TO DAY AND THEY HAVE COME OUT WITH A MATRIX SYSTEM THE MORE BUSINESS YOUR STORE BRING THE HIGHER THE HOURS AVAILABLE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (77) / No (50) Reply - Report abuse

jenn in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

87 months ago

john smith in Doylestown, Ohio said: Worked for company two yrs ago as manager, this was the worst job I ever had. hourly wage was low. could never find good people to fill or keep positions. was treated badly by upper management who totally had no idea what they were doing. was told by hiring dm if I got my store running orgainized and showing profit I would be made dm. already had 6 yrs dm training. I did what he asked and he lied.
I left position just after 3 months because that was the time limit he gave me to turn around the store, which I did. I refuse to enter a DG store, they all are unorganized and dirty. If DG was the last store on earth I would rather starve then buy anything from them.

So if you have had an interview with that company be very happy thet did not call you back.

bitter much ???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (60) Reply - Report abuse

DG Employee in South Webster, Ohio

83 months ago

john smith in Doylestown, Ohio said: Worked for company two yrs ago as manager, this was the worst job I ever had. hourly wage was low. could never find good people to fill or keep positions. was treated badly by upper management who totally had no idea what they were doing. was told by hiring dm if I got my store running orgainized and showing profit I would be made dm. already had 6 yrs dm training. I did what he asked and he lied.
I left position just after 3 months because that was the time limit he gave me to turn around the store, which I did. I refuse to enter a DG store, they all are unorganized and dirty. If DG was the last store on earth I would rather starve then buy anything from them.

So if you have had an interview with that company be very happy thet did not call you back.

I have worked for Dollar General for 3 years and getting ready to go to assistant manager. I do have to correct you on one thing NOT ALL the stores are nasty.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl Ann in Mobile, Alabama

82 months ago

I do not agree.I have been with the company for 2.5 years, my store is very clean and one of the largest stores in Mobile. Yes I do work 70-80 hours a week but not because I have to, only because I want to. I take pride in my work, and the customers appreciate me and my team. I am one of my DMs Better Managers. Maybe if you would have stayed a little longer you would have gotten the Title DM. You know life really isnt about what your Title is or what you get for a paycheck because you cant take those with you when you leave this world.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (88) / No (67) Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Freeport, Florida

81 months ago

I totally agree with you 100% You go girl! You are very smart obviously you will go far in life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

one1jazzy@yahoo.com in South Carolina

80 months ago

Since you have been with the company for an ample amount of time, what are the duites of a Lead Sales Associate/3rd key? I have only been with DG for 5 months I have had to receive trucks, send payroll, set planograms, make schedules and the list continues. I think that I am being screwed. I believe that I am being told that what I should do is not my job. What am I really suppose to be doing? Please help!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

OK to start off I want to congratulate you on a great job for everything your Store Manager has made you do. Now my comment on this issue is that your Store Manager must be getting ready to Quit because you are doing there job. You are being screwed,My oppinion is that you should move up to that possition and get that store,sounds like you're ready. But do me a favor dont take the possition unless they pay you atleast 40,000 a year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

msdotty67 in Pennsylvania

80 months ago

I am manager of a very nice DG store in Pa, and I give my fellow store associates as much responsibility as they want, as long as I feel they can handle the task competently. It makes my job easier and gives them a sense of worth and pride in their job. One question though, I've been manager for a year and a half - asst. for a year. What is the average salary for store managers? I really believe my annual salary should be significantly higher.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

jones

79 months ago

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jones

79 months ago

Cheryl Ann in Mobile, Alabama said: I do not agree.I have been with the company for 2.5 years, my store is very clean and one of the largest stores in Mobile. Yes I do work 70-80 hours a week but not because I have to, only because I want to. I take pride in my work, and the customers appreciate me and my team. I am one of my DMs Better Managers. Maybe if you would have stayed a little longer you would have gotten the Title DM. You know life really isnt about what your Title is or what you get for a paycheck because you cant take those with you when you leave this world.

THAT PAYCHECK SURE HELPS WHEN THOSE BILLS ARE DUE.
UNLESS YOU LIKE LIVING AT THE POVERTY LEVEL, WHICH I AM SURE YOO ARE.
MAYBE IF YOU WOULD HAVE WORKED A LITTLE LONGER, YOU COULD HAVE BEEN DRIVING THE RACE CAR, OR BETTER YET, FLYING THE COMPANY JET!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

jones said: WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP!
NOBODY, AND I MEAN NOBODY WANTS TO WORK 70-80 HOURS A WEEK. QUIT B.S ING THESE PEOPLE/
I worked for DG in Denver, replaced an asst and 3rd key for stealing 40,000 in deposits and merchandise, high turnover among employees, working long hours alone, yes ALONE.
AND THE BEST PART, THEY HAND YOU THE KEYS AND THE SAFE COMBINATION FOR 9.50 AN HOUR AS AN ASST.MANAGER.
HOPE YOU GET YOUR BACK PAY FOR ALL THE HOURS YOU ARE LOVING TO WORK!!!!!!!!! (WHEN YOU WAKE UP

You sound like you have alot of problems and you're a real bitter person. You know DG didnt hand you the keys sounds like whoever was in charge did so don't blame the company for the way you were treated. I work long hours because I dont look at my watch every minute like you probably did. Time goes by fast theres not alot of time in a day to do the things that have to be done in the stores but you have to do what you got to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (48) Reply - Report abuse

dgproblems

79 months ago

In an earlier comment you said it doesnt matter what your paycheck is, now you say get at least $40,000. Which is it? Guess what? managers start at $27,500.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Where do you come from. Your calculations are wrong,unless your talking about assistant managers? Which are you talking about? Again its not about the pay but I would hope people are getting what they're worth. My comment if you look back had to do with someone wanting a District Managers possition with that pay. Lets be a little realistic we should be getting atleast what we're worth or close to it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Sounds like you're quite a bitter person. And yes people do work 70-80 even more a week and I'm not B.Sing no-one thank you very much. For you're information I have worked as long as 18 hours straight many days just to get a store cleaned up that was left from a lazy manager that wouldnt do there job. I can do this because I have no children or husband. You know add this up if you work 6 days a week like you're supposed to that adds up to an average of 13 hours a day for an 80 hr work week and 11.5 hours a day for a 70 hr work week. For what has to be done in a store that has to be cleaned up thats not very many hours. Now yes when you're through with cleaning up the store you shouldn't average no more than 45 hours. My comment was for my experience with a store I took over that you could'nt even get down the isles. I never in my life could figure out why there is so many lazy people in the world. There is no excuse. My job was to fix it and I did. VERY PROUD OF MY WORK TOO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (41) Reply - Report abuse

jones

79 months ago

Cheryl Ann in Mobile, Alabama said: You sound like you have alot of problems and you're a real bitter person. You know DG didnt hand you the keys sounds like whoever was in charge did so don't blame the company for the way you were treated. I work long hours because I dont look at my watch every minute like you probably did. Time goes by fast theres not alot of time in a day to do the things that have to be done in the stores but you have to do what you got to do.

What part of what I said gives you the idea I have alot of problems?
Dollar General did hand me the keys, after I passed a background check, and a drug test.
As far as looking at my watch, it was more like going to work in the dark, going home in the dark, and wondering when the DM was gonna start comming out of the dark.
BITTER, yes, for the way you are trying to sugar coat this company to people who have legitimate, legal gripes.
REMEMBER, WE ALL ALL HUMAN BEINGS, TRYING TO GET BY IN THIS WORLD, AND PAYING PEOPLE AT THE POVERTY LEVEL, AND TREATING THEM LIKE ANIMALS FOR THE GOOD OF THE COMPANY IS BULL SH** AND ALWAYS WILL BE.
MY ADVICE TO ALL OF YOU, CALL THE DEPT OF LABOR, AND FILE A COMPLAINT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (71) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

ohmyback in Wewahitchka, Florida

78 months ago

Dollar General management says employees are a dime a dozen and treats them that way whether they are good or bad. Having good folks to work with can make a miserable job better. There are a lot of good workers out there however that don't get treated right with the way the company does things. Great turnover happens because of the way this company does things. Short term for most folks except for those who can't do better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jasmine73 in Florida

78 months ago

27,500 STARTING OUT? ARE YOU NUTS? I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE , BUT YOUR GETTING SCREWED. I STARTED OUT AT 39,500 4 YEARS AGO.I'M MAKING MORE NOW AND THATS NOT INCLUDING MY BONUSES. I AM A STORE MANAGER , NOT A DM , SO YOU NEED TO TALK TO YOUR DM ABOUT A RAISE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Thank you so much I'm soooo glad someone is on my level. They say they're getting paid 27,000 to start. They dont believe Im even working for the company. Its hard for me to believe that these people can even survive on this kind of salary, no wonder why they are so bitter. I will say one thing its not about the money but we do have to survive. With the gas prices,electricity,gas and everything else thats so high for the cost of living I'm suprised they can even live. This isnt about the company this is about the DMs that ought to be ashamed of themselves for offering this kind of salary. I didnt mention my pay but I know one thing I'm glad my DMs paying me what I'm worth. These people dont need raises they need adjustments.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

jones

78 months ago

And what kind of adjustments do we all need? Oh let me guess, one for Bitterness?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

jones

78 months ago

Cheryl Ann in Mobile, Alabama said: Get a life

Bitter much?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

jones

78 months ago

ohmyback in Wewahitchka, Florida said: Dollar General management says employees are a dime a dozen and treats them that way whether they are good or bad. Having good folks to work with can make a miserable job better. There are a lot of good workers out there however that don't get treated right with the way the company does things. Great turnover happens because of the way this company does things. Short term for most folks except for those who can't do better.

That is the most truthful thing that has been said so far. Thankyou. I thunk there is also some type of subliminal brainwashing going on too, Old Cheryl Ann is working while the place is closed and has been for months, which means shes in violation of company policy.
She tells someone not to take a managers job for under 40,0000 when she knows damn well she doesn't come close to that.
Dollar general is truly a job for those willing to settle in life. IE working off the clock, after hours, and then admiting they are not making any money, by sugar coating the fact with "Its not all about the money", and calling anyone else bitter. PLEASE!!!!
I bet she pees lemonade;)
PEACE-JONES OUT!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

jones

78 months ago

Cheryl Ann in Mobile, Alabama said: Thank you so much I'm soooo glad someone is on my level. They say they're getting paid 27,000 to start. They dont believe Im even working for the company. Its hard for me to believe that these people can even survive on this kind of salary, no wonder why they are so bitter. I will say one thing its not about the money but we do have to survive. With the gas prices,electricity,gas and everything else thats so high for the cost of living I'm suprised they can even live. This isnt about the company this is about the DMs that ought to be ashamed of themselves for offering this kind of salary. I didnt mention my pay but I know one thing I'm glad my DMs paying me what I'm worth. These people dont need raises they need adjustments.

You mean the poverty level.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

jones

78 months ago

Cheryl Ann in Mobile, Alabama said: Ha Ha Ha Bitter not. Just a little reminder, just remember Jesus never complained or was bitter toward us when he got nailed to the cross for you and me. Stop complaining life is what you make it.

So now you think your Jesus?
Ok, well that explains alot, what looney bin do you call home?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

jones

78 months ago

Cheryl Ann in Mobile, Alabama said: Ha Ha Ha Bitter not. Just a little reminder, just remember Jesus never complained or was bitter toward us when he got nailed to the cross for you and me. Stop complaining life is what you make it.

Hey, don't you have some work to do?
Did I tell you you could take a breaK?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Whatever you're not right ha ha ha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

dont you have something to do besides play with your computer ha ha ha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (31) Reply - Report abuse

TonyaStarr in Mobile, Alabama

78 months ago

I have just begun my career at D.G. ( 3/5/08 ) Iam training to be a store manager.So far I have to say Iam very happy with the company and I think that I will enjoy working for them .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Tonya,
Welcome to the company. Dont listen to the negative on this site. I'm sure you will enjoy working for the company too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (35) Reply - Report abuse

jones

78 months ago

No, see, I am one of the lazy people who only work 40 hours a week. Therefore, I have alot of time on my hands for my personal LIFE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Congratulations

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Just FYI I dont need any pointers, if you looked in my past letters Im not in my store as much anymore I said I had to at one time, if I worked all the hours I used to I wouldnt be on this computer. SWEETIEE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

TonyaStarr in Mobile, Alabama

78 months ago

Thank you . Iam very excited about being a Dollar general Employee . I have met many great people .I see the hard work that my boss/trainer ( Tina ) puts into her store ,but its all worth it .She runs a awesome store. She doesnt work 60-80 hours a week either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

DG WORKER WORKER in CLARKSBURG, West Virginia

78 months ago

DONT EVER BELEIVE FOR A MINUTE THAT IF YOU ARE DOING YOUR MANAGERS JOB THAT THEY ARE GETTING READY TO QUITE, AND YOU WILL MOVE UP. BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN DOING THESE THINGS FOR 8 MONTHS AND AM ONLY A THIRD KEY. THE ASST MANAGER AND I HAVE RUN THIS STORE EVEN WHEN THERE IS A MANAGER HERE.BUT FOR SOME REASON OUR DM DOESNT SEEM TO THINK THAT WE ARE GOOD ENOUGHTO MOVE UP THE LADDER. BUT THE FUNNY THING IS THAT THE STORE SEEMS TO RUN BETTER WHEN THERE IS NO MANAGER.
WE HAVE A GOOD CREW AND WE ALL GET ALONG! we cover for eachother when need be. and that is what coworkers are supposed to do. but what i dont understand is why would you try to get her to beleive that she is going somewhere? it just goes to show that it really doesnt matter how hard you work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Keith Adams in Mobile, Alabama

78 months ago

Tonya...are you talking about the store at Schillingers & Grelot. I thought Stacey was the candidate for that new store? How long have you been with this company. Stacey has lived in West Mobile all of her life and has been a store manager for over a year. The residents in West Mobile would really like to see Stacey get that store.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

treatedbadly

78 months ago

Here in Texas an Assistant Manager get's about $8/hour. Managers only make about $28,000 year to start. Sales associates get state min wage. 3rd key gets $1 more than state min. That combined with little to no hours = very little. Sometimes not enough for a weeks worth of groceries.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

leepat in Montrose, Colorado

78 months ago

jones said: WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP!
NOBODY, AND I MEAN NOBODY WANTS TO WORK 70-80 HOURS A WEEK. QUIT B.S ING THESE PEOPLE/
I worked for DG in Denver, replaced an asst and 3rd key for stealing 40,000 in deposits and merchandise, high turnover among employees, working long hours alone, yes ALONE.
AND THE BEST PART, THEY HAND YOU THE KEYS AND THE SAFE COMBINATION FOR 9.50 AN HOUR AS AN ASST.MANAGER.
HOPE YOU GET YOUR BACK PAY FOR ALL THE HOURS YOU ARE LOVING TO WORK!!!!!!!!! (WHEN YOU WAKE UP

Yep, I know what you mean. Especially since we were in the same district until last week. Cost of living is high in CO. but the pay sure isn't!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Tonya,

I would hope Tina didnt work more than 45hrs a week seeing she has a new store. Im talking about people with stores that have to be cleaned up and they do it on their own ask your Father hes a District Manager in the other district. Yes he knows who I am and well aware of the hours I had put into cleaning my store up. Also on that note I do not work those hours anymore now I have my store Clean.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

DGSM in Marysville, Ohio

77 months ago

i am a dg store manager and i can tell you one thing....GET OVER IT. the job of a store manager is to deligate the responsibilities to employees...if you close or the sm is on vacation on friday or saterday then why shouldnt you do it? the duties of a third key is what you boss tells you to do. i am sure he or she has had the training and the time in and knows what they are doing otherwise they wouldnt be employeed by DG.

one1jazzy@yahoo.com in South Carolina said: Since you have been with the company for an ample amount of time, what are the duites of a Lead Sales Associate/3rd key? I have only been with DG for 5 months I have had to receive trucks, send payroll, set planograms, make schedules and the list continues. I think that I am being screwed. I believe that I am being told that what I should do is not my job. What am I really suppose to be doing? Please help!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

DGSM in Marysville, Ohio

77 months ago

WTF....what store do you guys work at...you must not do anything for bussiness

dgproblems said: In an earlier comment you said it doesnt matter what your paycheck is, now you say get at least $40,000. Which is it? Guess what? managers start at $27,500.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

DGSM in Marysville, Ohio

77 months ago

umm....you salarie...you work as much as needed to get the job done.....if you have to pull open to closes for a week straight its what you got to do....hmmm ever think that thats why these people who are complaining never made it. and ever since KKR has taken over almost all the store are getting cleaned up and it takes alot of work but if previous store managers gave a sh*t about there store then other store managers wouldnt work so hard...its not DG'S fault its other store managers who are LAZY....and im glad you lazy people quit cause it gives people like me who love this company and take pride in there work a chance to make the money you walked out on so.....THANK YOU

jones said: tALK ABOUT ALOT OF PROBLEMS, THE STORES AREN'T OPEN 18 HOURS A DAY, WHICH MEANS YOUR IN VIOLATION! PERHAPS FORWARDING YOUR COMMENT TO CORPORATE AND THE LABOR BOARD WILL HELP YOU TO GET YOUR HOURS CUT.
AFTER ALL, YOU'D HAVE TO BE ON DRUGS TO DO THAT.
IF BEING LAZY IS WORKING 40 HOURS A WEEK, I'LL TAKE THAT ANYTIME!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

warehouse worker in Williamsburg, Missouri

73 months ago

I stumbled across this site while looking up some information on the Web. I have been reading all the negative things posted about DG, and I had to create an account and say something. I applied at my local distribution center in Sep. 2006 and was working by Oct. It was not difficult to get an interview or a job. I have consistently had great reports from my supervisors, been the lead order filler, become the AIT Coach trainer for my department, and transferred to a different department. I also work the weekend shift, which is 3 days, 12 hour shifts. There are many days I would LOVE to not lift those pallets, smash my fingers in the roll containers, and get off my feet, but I still love my job.
I think a lot of the negative comments and feelings come from people who have trained for a job in a classroom but never had to actually do the physical labor that is required to get the job done. I am also currently looking to do the Leadership training and move into supervising. I am aware of the hours, the different type of work expected, but I think what makes me an excellent candidate is that I have done the work myself. It amazes me how people can waltz through life nad think they are "owed" something. I have a college education and am continuing to get more of one, but I'm still not above doing the "grunt" work at home, or somewhere else. People need to grow up and realize the world doesn't revolve around them. I'm not sure about the store wages, but the DC's pay very well in Missouri. The benefits are great, too. We do have a high turn over, but the way I see it, it comes from people who walk in the door and see that they (GASP!) have to work for their paycheck. Then they walk right back out. It's rather amusing to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

monkeyba in Houston, Texas

73 months ago

Well, Missouri must be the exception to the rule--Texas pays minimum wage and I have never worked for such a backwards company in my 20 years of working! I started the first week of June--they promoted me to third key after 7 days--trained me to take the responsibilities of third key...THEN NEVER MADE IT OFFICIAL. It is now the last week of August. They used me, made me their slave labor and drug their feet when it came time to pay for my work. They are never going to have decent employees there because they refuse to be concerned with employee's concerns. I feel that if the "suits" at corporate were forced to work 2 days as a cashier for minimum wage and do what is expected of associates and third keys, they would find that corporate is run by a bunch of MONKEYS!! Their policies contradict one another(voids, refunds, and exchanges), that theft is because the Fortune 500 suits can't manage to put enough cameras in the stores or train their employees. The problem as I see it is that those implementing the "grunt policies" have never done the "grunt WORK".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

warehouse worker in Williamsburg, Missouri

73 months ago

Bear in mind that I work in a DC, not a store. Maybe you are experiencing problems butif there is a corporate policy, it should be enforced. At the DC, we get a newsletter every month and it is always filled with stories about great stores and great employees. On the back, there is a list of phone numbers to use to report problems. You are supposed to go through your chain of command first, but obviously if they are the problem you have to go over them. As far as the corporates working minimum wage jobs, I think that should be part of the training. In the DC's the supervisors are usually hired from within. For example, you get a job in the DC as an order filler, then you apply and get accepted into the Leadership Development class, then you work as a supervisor trainee with another supervisor as your mentor, then when there is aposition open, they post it, you apply, get the job, and work as a supervisor. While you are a trainee and a supervisor they have skills in all departments that you are required to learn and test on. This means that you have to put in the time as a "grunt" hourly employee to prove yourself worth the time and money. Then you can move up to a salaried position with better pay and continue to learn. If you're not happy with the store, maybe you should work in a DC. It's not easy work, but if you will do it, you will be recognized and rewarded for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

TV08 in Texas

71 months ago

What is offered for the Maternity Leave? I have just found out that I am pregnant and I am trying to figure everything out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Happy_Kat in Mt. Pleasant, Tennessee

71 months ago

Maternity leave? Ha! No Maternity leave, dear. Sorry. A woman where I work was pregnant and asked the same question. She was told that she would have to work till she couldn't. Needless to say that is what you get at DG.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Dallasmavsfan in Stonewall, Mississippi

69 months ago

treatedbadly said: Here in Texas an Assistant Manager get's about $8/hour. Managers only make about $28,000 year to start. Sales associates get state min wage. 3rd key gets $1 more than state min. That combined with little to no hours = very little. Sometimes not enough for a weeks worth of groceries.

I work in Mississippi. I am an assistant and I get 8 dollars an hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dallasmavsfan in Stonewall, Mississippi

69 months ago

Cheryl Ann in Mobile, Alabama said: Just FYI I dont need any pointers, if you looked in my past letters Im not in my store as much anymore I said I had to at one time, if I worked all the hours I used to I wouldnt be on this computer. SWEETIEE

Hey I just wanted to say thank you for standing up for DG. I like my job as an assistant. I have worked my way up. I was just temporary at first. I helped set up a new store near by and then was transfered to another store as a cashier. Within about 6 months t a year was promote to 3rd key and then assisstant. I took the managers assessment and didnt pass but I think it isnt a pass or fail test. it is just to see if you can think like a dollar general manager should.(LOL!!!) Anyway i can retake it in 90 days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

sarge00186@yahoo.com in Waterville, Ohio

67 months ago

I recently had an interview for a SM position. Coming from the retail environment, I know the job is difficult with very little floor assistance because of the hours and forcast.

Any position is what you make it. There are other companies to work for, but good luck on finding a position. make the best of it or go elsewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Parish Portera in Grenada, Mississippi

67 months ago

sarge00186@yahoo.com in Waterville, Ohio said: I recently had an interview for a SM position. Coming from the retail environment, I know the job is difficult with very little floor assistance because of the hours and forcast.

Any position is what you make it. There are other companies to work for, but good luck on finding a position. make the best of it or go elsewhere.

It is a very difficult job especilaly when your store is in bad shape like mine. Lots of problems left behind by past managers or for that matter nomanager since November. But hey I,ve got a great team, just hired a an assistant manager and if we all work very dilligently I'm sure we will become a well oiled machine I do wish they would give me more labor hours. I put in 85 myself last week. I plan to shave it down each week as we inprove. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.