How to get a job at Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc..

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do you work at Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc.? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Heribero Salcedo

87 months ago

I use to work 3 years for General Rent a Car (as a Mechanic) do you have any opening i have 7 ASE Certifications (Thanks in advance)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Heribero Salcedo

87 months ago

Do you have any opening i use to work for general rent a car for 3 years as mechanic (i have 7 ASE certifications) (Thanks in Advance)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

zogliofrank@yahoo.com in Cranston, Rhode Island

15 months ago

I applied several times for the car detailer at DTAG at TF Green airport. I feel I am perfect for that position. I sent my resume every time but no response. What's my next step?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Eliseo Martinez in Tijuana, Mexico

12 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc.? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I used to work at dollar thrifty San Diego Airport. I just quit last weekend. The workload is overwhelming, ppl are cheap, and the general manager is a shady deuce bag who only cares about his own pocket and will humiliate you ! I started working there this year in Jan. 2013. keep in mind that I was new in the industry and had never rented a car before. I had no idea that credit cards cover collision and that ppl's personal insurances covered rental vehicles as well. everything was going well, i was trying different techniques to sell while learning everything else at the same time. Turns out I'm really good at customer service but not at shady sales. For some reason San Diego attracts cheap, and overdemanding people! On top of all this, the company's rates did not help at all! It came to the point where rates were as low as $5.00 a day! The rental was less than the insurance! All that did was attract really long lines of nothing but cheap customers, with really long rentals that would screw up your numbers! And by cheap I mean ppl who tried fitting in 5 passengers and 5 pieces of luggage into a $5.00 compact vehicle! I was unsuccesful as far as my sales went. In the last month, i had alot of complaints from customers about the vehicles not working properly, overcharges, difference in rates from what they reserved etc. So i had to make alot of adjustments. Just last thursday, the general manager got into to my face about the adjustments. He yelled at me and totally humiliated me because I helped out customers and did the right thing by fixing mistakes and not overcharging them. He said thing like "your sales suck and your taking $$ from the co." and ended everything with "so go inside, get to work and make the company $$$" It is a shady co. DO NOT WORK THERE !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.