I was offered an electrician job in afghanistan

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (23)

rkzoo in kalamazoo, Michigan

52 months ago

I applied for the 20 plus jobs on Dyncorp's site last night.
A recruiter contacted me this afternoon with a job offer.

This is my first time applying and working outside the U.S.

Is there anyone else in my situation? Any suggestions or advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (91) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Hvac Pro in Las Vegas, Nevada

44 months ago

Find a better company to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tanyat

42 months ago

Hi. Wondering how your job process went? What position did you take?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Kansasville, Wisconsin

39 months ago

Hvac Pro in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Find a better company to work for.

What companies are those?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

rstancil in Stratford, Connecticut

39 months ago

You got very lucky to be contacted so fast I applied to well over 200 jobs and havent heard a word from Dyncorp. Do you have army experience or know someone on the inside?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

rstancil in Stratford, Connecticut

39 months ago

rkzoo in kalamazoo, Michigan said: I applied for the 20 plus jobs on Dyncorp's site last night.
A recruiter contacted me this afternoon with a job offer.

This is my first time applying and working outside the U.S.

Is there anyone else in my situation? Any suggestions or advice?

You got very lucky to be contacted so fast I applied to well over 200 jobs and havent heard a word from Dyncorp. Do you have army experience or know someone on the inside?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

Dang, I got a refusal letter today....What a bummer. I don't know if the refusal was to one application I filled out or to them all. I freaking spent nearly 20000.00 dollars at a dentist office, doctors office for TB test, expediting a birth certificate and a passport because they wanted to see them right away. I am unemployed and just spent my security cushion for nothing...

39 months ago

Jason in Kansasville, Wisconsin said: Dang, I got a refusal letter today....What a bummer. I don't know if the refusal was to one application I filled out or to them all. I freaking spent nearly 20000.00 dollars at a dentist office, doctors office for TB test, expediting a birth certificate and a passport because they wanted to see them right away. I am unemployed and just spent my security cushion for nothing...

Maybe I applied too to many jobs...I don't know other then they said the picked a different candidate...But to all the positions I applied too. Guess some people are gonna get some good news.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

Jason in Kansasville, Wisconsin said: Dang, I got a refusal letter today....What a bummer. I don't know if the refusal was to one application I filled out or to them all. I freaking spent nearly 20000.00 dollars at a dentist office, doctors office for TB test, expediting a birth certificate and a passport because they wanted to see them right away. I am unemployed and just spent my security cushion for nothing...

2000.00 not 20k, that typo was just stupid. lol. maybe thats the reason for the refusal.

anothertrip in charleston, South Carolina

39 months ago

Jason in Kansasville, Wisconsin said: 2000.00 not 20k, that typo was just stupid. lol. maybe thats the reason for the refusal.

Did they ever give you a offer letter? Usually the offer is for a particular position and is yours unsless there is something that would disqualify during the process. At that point it may go to an alternate. Does the refusal have a job number?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

No, there is no job offer stated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

Jason in Kansasville, Wisconsin said: No, there is no job offer stated.

but the refusal was from the Sr. Recruiter. I prefer to not state his name incase I am considered later.

39 months ago

anothertrip in charleston, South Carolina said: Did they ever give you a offer letter? Usually the offer is for a particular position and is yours unsless there is something that would disqualify during the process. At that point it may go to an alternate. Does the refusal have a job number?

Does an offer letter have to have a job number, because the letter I got just said the position was for electrical foreman, and the corresponding wage and breakdown, with no job number.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anothertrip in charleston, South Carolina

39 months ago

Jason in Kansasville, Wisconsin said: Does an offer letter have to have a job number, because the letter I got just said the position was for electrical foreman, and the corresponding wage and breakdown, with no job number.

No, they do not have to, but sometimes they do. Depends on the company. I know that's not much help. Sometimes these companies don't offer much of an explanation.

38 months ago

Ah, nevermind, I figured out what happened. I applied for a job I wasn't qualified for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jisha.saji2008@gmail.com in Palakkad, India

38 months ago

Jason in Kansasville, Wisconsin said: Does an offer letter have to have a job number, because the letter I got just said the position was for electrical foreman, and the corresponding wage and breakdown, with no job number.

I am 8years working THERMO (LLC) of Abu dhabi.Innovative,positive outlook,hardworking with capacity to think independently and creatively and ability to lead the team and also to work as part of it good problem solving abilities,good oral and written communication skills,confident and optimistic in nature.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jcjc in Germany

37 months ago

rstancil in Stratford, Connecticut said: You got very lucky to be contacted so fast I applied to well over 200 jobs and havent heard a word from Dyncorp. Do you have army experience or know someone on the inside?

I wrote earlier a comment on about how maybe one can get contacted. I have a resume which was 4 pages. What i did was split them. I had a separated Admin resume and separated Mechanic. I've been applying for months. I just changed it a few days ago and re applied for the jobs and for ones i thought I'd qualified for. Just yesterday, I finally got a response from a recruiter. My resume has been now sent up to the hiring managers. So now, it's up to them the HM's. But that jsut shows me they don't care too read so much. They have to find someone quick so keywords is important and a short resume pertaining to the job you are applying for. I have Army and marine Corps but that didn't neccessarliy get me anywhere. It's all about your resume. And now a days if you know someone that works with Dyncorp it doesn't mean it helps either, I know this bc I know a few and I use to work for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

On Hold in Fort Worth, Texas

37 months ago

Anyone here heard of a company called MBEC hiring sparkies?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ra Ra in Spring, Texas

27 months ago

Jason, were you instructed by DynCorp to get your Dentist & TB shots done in advance, If they told you get these things done before hand , then keep your receipts and inform them of what you did , check with them to see if they would reimburse you ,,,, I worked for them over 2 years in Iraq, they had me get as many immunizations shot as possible before I started my InProcessing, I did ,and they reimbursed me for what it was that I paid for , I am not sure if they did it because the hired me. It wont hurt to ask...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sheki in Brampton, Ontario

24 months ago

I working for dyncorp in 2010. And after i going in vacations 'i need to stay 14 days but in this two weeks i have one accidents in my family and i stay two more weeks. And i lose the job. But i thing everyone have family. I asked my manager REginald lewis hi said to mi you lose the job i right to Manny people in dyncorp i mean the directors but nobody help to me.shevki kerqeli

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

rajanasir@rediffmail.com in Srinagar, India

23 months ago

Hi,can anybody tell me how to apply for electrical job in Dyncorp`s in afganistan.
Thanks & Regards
Raja Naseer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Keithbiehl in Richmond, Texas

4 months ago

Hey don't waste ur time or money got a contract from them did all that they ask of me an two days before I was to go to Dallas for processing they tell me that my loa was cancelled do to they are pulling out in dec of this year 2014 contract date was for 4/132014 out denist drug test tb test fingerprint an all very disappointed with them took me one month to do all that

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ronnie in Glasgow, United Kingdom

3 months ago

I was offered a job as an electrician in Afghanistan with Dyncorp back in December 2013. Had a Skype interview and was told I had the job and that they would let me know within 2 weeks when I had to go. I have not heard from them since. Disgusted at the way I was treated. Especially by the recruiter who was based in Bosnia.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.