communication

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Vero in Liberty, Texas

47 months ago

My significant other is an Dubai. He said its sooooooooooo expensive there to buy internet time. When he gets to Afghanistan on Tuesday is WiFi available. How will we keep in touch? Are there phones with local numbers? When he worked for KBR before he said he could call as if he were here in the States with no problem. Everyone says DnyCorp is soo different...Im just curious. I love this Man and Im already going crazy without him! Working over there was a hard decision for us!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BeeKeeper in South Carolina

47 months ago

How is his job going?

I just got an email for a position I applied for but the naysayers here at KBR think DI will lose their contract shortly.

Veroluvsd in Houston, Texas

47 months ago

He has still not made it to his camp. Today I got a quick email saying they were stuck at the airport.

He has heard some bad things but I am hoping and praying its just rumors...additionally the rumor about the contract being lost is false from everything I have researched...

The process for employment was VERY easy. He worked for KBR in Iraq for 18 months and hen came stateside for 18 months, but now works for DynCorp.

We hope it goes well.

Ms Shocker in San Antonio, Texas

47 months ago

You might want to check some of the other forums on here: kbr, going to houston, logcap iv, dyncorp, etc. for more info.

Oh and the rumors over there are worse than an all girls high school. :)

47 months ago

update: he made it to his camp and these are the details: 500 people, 2 showers and the porta cans!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

3 porta cans

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.