Pursuing an Financial Advisor position at Edward Jones

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

craft007 in Jupiter, Florida

51 months ago

I would like to know how you build your business as an Financial Advisor. Does Edward Jones supply the leads or do you go door to door and find them yourself? I was reading some post and it appears you go door to door. Seems strange to me because I have never in my life had anyone knock on my door and asked me to be their financial advisor.

Realistically - what kind of compensation can I expect if I was average or a top performer in years 1, 3 and 5.

Thanks for the feedback.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

William Wall in Edison, Illinois

39 months ago

Yes. You will be trained to go door to door. That is how Jones FA's do their prospecting.

Realistically you shouldn't worry about your compensation in years 3 or 5 because you will have quit by then and moved on to a more sane & respectable line of work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Vensik in -, Virginia

37 months ago

All of these comments from people who couldn't succeed and have given up, only to blame it on the firm are just hilarious.

I have been out 2 years and only doorknocked 2 months in the very beginning. Decided I didn't like it and have found prospective clients other ways ever since. Seminars, sponsoring events in town, I get a lot of clients from simply from sitting in Starbucks and having honest conversations with people. If you stay exceeding expectations they won't bother you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.