ED Jones

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

xsquidiam in psl, Florida

78 months ago

i am doing horribly at EJ...people hang up on me, don't answer door or phone, i have sold only to my mother in law....i get the runaround with the people i schedule appts with....i can't even talk to people today b/c my frame of mind is so poor right now....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joseph Cuccurullo in Bronx, New York

77 months ago

xsquidiam,

I am future FA at EJ and will be starting a a few months. Anything I should know beforehand?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

bythelb in Richmond, Virginia

76 months ago

xsquidiam, I'm new to Jones myself. You have to be very persistent and in time your confidence will increase. If you're young, or new to straight commission sales (what Jones essentially is) this can be a difficult time. I know people that are 53 years old who are having the kind of experience you describe. No matter how good you are you'll still have clients that'll stiff you on appointments. Persistence is what it's all about. People will respond to you just because of your ethic if you persevere. If this were easy, we'd all be out of work. Keep your chin up and keep going. It's not easy for me either but I refuse to be on the quitters list. Best wishes friend.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pete Rangel in New York, New York

66 months ago

I'm having a terrible time too! I'm trying to stay positive, but I'm not to thrilled about my prospecting. I really do not feel like I have many real "relationships". And, the people who I connect with, I really don't want to call with the EJ canned sales pitch. I have eval/grad in a few weeks so if anyone can offer some hope, it would be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bobbi in North, Florida

66 months ago

xsquidiam in psl, Florida said: i am doing horribly at EJ...people hang up on me, don't answer door or phone, i have sold only to my mother in law....i get the runaround with the people i schedule appts with....i can't even talk to people today b/c my frame of mind is so poor right now....

I'm an FA with EJ. Where in FL are you located?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bobbi in North, Florida

66 months ago

Pete Rangel in New York, New York said: I'm having a terrible time too! I'm trying to stay positive, but I'm not to thrilled about my prospecting. I really do not feel like I have many real "relationships". And, the people who I connect with, I really don't want to call with the EJ canned sales pitch. I have eval/grad in a few weeks so if anyone can offer some hope, it would be appreciated.

Pete,
Hang in there. This is one of the toughest economies we've ever experienced. Remember they teach us that recessions last on average ten months -- and we are well beyond that now. So, when the economy turns around - and it always does - your business is bound to improve.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.