Interview to Offer Time

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

JB in New York, New York

86 months ago

Can you tell me your experience in this situation. I'm an experienced hire that had an office interview last Monday. It went extremely well and seemed very promising. I haven't heard back from them yet. What was your timeframe to hear back from them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (63) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

JB in New York, New York

86 months ago

This is very helpful and eases my nerves. I was worried because I've heard this firm "acts fast" when they are interested in hiring someone. I didn't realize this process could take longer than 1 month. I applied to the client side in an advisory practice.

Good luck with your progress. It seems they are on the verge on an offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

JB in Cincinnati, Ohio

86 months ago

I think that "acting fast" might be for student hires. With experienced they do not have a central place to go through the first round (i.e. on campus)...everything is individualized, and you apply through their website.

I have a legal background, and I heard that the lateral hiring process always takes much longer than student hiring. So that could be the difference here.

Good luck to you. (btw, i'm from NY too, but it always puts Cincinnati for me)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JB in New York, New York

86 months ago

This is very helpful. I have just one more question for you. How long did you wait until you contacted your recruiter? It has been 2 weeks and I haven't seen a note in the mail yet. I'm wondering how long I should wait until I contact her. Not to sound overly confident, but I would be really surprised if I didn't move forward in the hiring process. (I'm on pins and needles here!)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JB in Cincinnati, Ohio

86 months ago

I think you're entitled to call and say soemthing like this, "I just wanted to call and express my continued interest in the position, and am wondering where the team is in the selection process." I call to express your continued interest is a good way to go. Two weeks is a bit of time, so why not. then based on what she/he tells you you'll know when a more appropriate time to call back is.

I just had my (hopefully last) interview this morning and I should hear Monday.

Good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lily

85 months ago

Last month, I fill up an online candidate profile and apply for a Tax Staff position in Los Angeles. I haven't heard anything from them. Should I call them up and ask?

cne325 goodisman in Houston, Texas

78 months ago

what type of background forms did they need you to fill out for the interview process?

Houston_wanabee in NA, Texas

75 months ago

still waiting

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Houston_wanabee in NA, Texas

75 months ago

interviewed with EY houston in May. Got through all interviews, was told I was going to get an offer, and still haven't recieved one. Recruiter says no one has gotten one since then, but they have a laundry list to get out...still waiting...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ichbinmarc in Brooklyn, New York

36 months ago

I had an in office two weeks ago and talked to 6 guys in 3 hours as an experienced hire in their NY office's financial advisory practice. I shot them an email two days ago asking for hiring decision and heard nothing back.

Any thoughts on what might be the case?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lm11 in Minneapolis, Minnesota

35 months ago

I had my interview in the NY office,
An experienced hire.IT was for 3 hrs and spoke to 5 people during that time.
it has been two weeks.
i have written emails,b uut no replies and the calls go to voice mail which are not returned.
Does this mean its a rejection.
Any thoughts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

app in Arlington, Virginia

34 months ago

I had an interview in the TX office about three weeks ago and was told I would hear back from them this week. Still nothing. I have emailed them several times and no answer. Any thoughts? Would it be appropriate to call?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jenny in New York, New York

29 months ago

JB in Cincinnati, Ohio said: I think you're entitled to call and say soemthing like this, "I just wanted to call and express my continued interest in the position, and am wondering where the team is in the selection process." I call to express your continued interest is a good way to go. Two weeks is a bit of time, so why not. then based on what she/he tells you you'll know when a more appropriate time to call back is.

I just had my (hopefully last) interview this morning and I should hear Monday.

Good luck to you.

I applied online, who do you contact - use blank popup email box

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.