Experienced Hire Interview Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 73)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Need Help in Alpharetta, Georgia

39 months ago

After making it through 2 phone interviews, I have an office interview scheduled for this Friday, January 14th and am looking to prepare. The position is a Sr. Consultant, Performance Improvement - Finance in Atlanta, GA. Specifically, I'd like to understand what the in-office interview day entails. And, if the experienced hire interview process is different from the others. Any help would be much appreciated?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Leisle in Atlanta, Georgia

38 months ago

Hi,

Because I have a phone screen with E&Y tomorrow, I was wondering how your interview went and if you got the job.

Thanks
Leisle

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thiller in Skokie, Illinois

37 months ago

The phone screen went ok. I was contacted from E&Y recruiter from NY for a Sr. Consultant, Performance Improvement - Finance. I have to email my resume before the screen. It's pretty much going through the resume and reason for leaving each position. I was supposed to get a call from the local Chicago E&Y manager the week after. Never got the call. I am supposed to call the recruiter back and let her know. I also received an auto alert from E&Y career web site to create a detail profile in their data base. I have only partially completed the profile. I don't know that's the reason not getting the call or not.

How did you phone screen go today? Were you approached the same way? Please share your experience with me if you don't mind.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

Hi there!

My interview was postponed today due to the recruiter being ill. I think we will do it next week.

I sent an email to an E&Y recruiter and then I got one back saying that E&Y wanted to talk to me. So now I am in a holding patteren until we actually talk.

Will let you know when that happens. Let us all keep the faith!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

Need Help in Alpharetta, Georgia said: After making it through 2 phone interviews, I have an office interview scheduled for this Friday, January 14th and am looking to prepare. The position is a Sr. Consultant, Performance Improvement - Finance in Atlanta, GA. Specifically, I'd like to understand what the in-office interview day entails. And, if the experienced hire interview process is different from the others. Any help would be much appreciated?

Hi,

How did the interview go and did you get the job. I am starting the process next week and would like any details that you are willing to share.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ichbinmarc in Brooklyn, New York

30 months ago

Leisle in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi,

How did the interview go and did you get the job. I am starting the process next week and would like any details that you are willing to share.

Thanks

Hi,

How did it go? How long did you wait for them to get back to you after your final round interview?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I did not get the position. I hope you had better luck than I did.

Take Care and best of success!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

clifford in Westfield, New Jersey

29 months ago

Hi Leisle, I'm sorry you didn't get the position. How were you notified that you did not receive the position? Did you have to pursue the HR Recruiter or did you receive a letter in the mail?

I also interviewed for a position and have been waiting for 3+ weeks for a response. The recruiter replied that they are still interviewing others, but will have some information soon.

Does that sound promising?

29 months ago

Hi Clifford,

I had to pursue the recruiter to find out that I was rejected!!!! So unprofessional.

I think it sounds like they have you over a barrel. Please don't put all of your eggs in the E&Y basket. Activly search for other positions that you are interested in so that you have back ups if you should need them.

I wish you much success!

29 months ago

I didn't get it either. They called two weeks after my last round. Good luck to you all.

nicolecc in Chicago, Illinois

25 months ago

Hi Clifford. I just had the similar experience as you had. I had the interview 3 weeks ago and was told by the hiring manager that the feedback was very positive and I should be getting a more detailed response soon. But I haven't heard anything from them so far. Did you get the offer at the end? Thanks!

clifford in Westfield, New Jersey said: Thank you for the insight, Leisle.

Was the rejection decision right away after you pursued the recruiter? Or was he/she saying that they are still interviewing for several weeks before letting you know that you were rejected.

Jenny in New York, New York

24 months ago

Ichbinmarc in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi,

How did it go? How long did you wait for them to get back to you after your final round interview?

Thanks

My question, step back - applied online for position in Assurance, experienced hire, anyone know time period from online submission of app to interview, if the firm decides to interview you? Any info would be greatly appreciated

Leisle in Columbus, Georgia

24 months ago

I took them at least 2 weeks to get back to me with a rejection.

tuts in Jersey City, New Jersey

23 months ago

It is more than 3+weeks after my last/final interview. Feedback was all positive by the partners. Still waiting for rejection/acceptance! My recruiter keeps reminding them of me but they donot respond. Does this mean rejection? BTW HR took my w2/payslips immediately after superday event closed. This makes you so hopeful but then there is this period of absolute silence...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Similar position tho not as far along in the process, phone screening interview on 4/27, went well, recruiter has been cirulating my resume in TAS but waiting for feedback from the hiring mgrs - do you remember the time frame from phone interview to office interview?

FWIW, in your case, I think this window of silence is a good sign, if you made it thru the final interview with positive feedback, window of silence is a function of large organization where nothing moves very quickly, I hope I am right.

tut in Jersey City, New Jersey

23 months ago

first one happened in mid-march and last in 18thapril...waiting since then...guess I should start looking elsewhere..

23 months ago

Jenny in New York, New York said: My question, step back - applied online for position in Assurance, experienced hire, anyone know time period from online submission of app to interview, if the firm decides to interview you? Any info would be greatly appreciated

My area is advisory practice - risk analytics. It took them 2 full weeks to get back to me with a rejection. I guess if you don't hear from them in a few days, then it is over. Good Luck.

23 months ago

Ichbinmarc - did you get to know the reason for rejection? how was it communicated to you?...
I was trying for FSO opening...

23 months ago

I asked and got a very general answer, your answers to some questions were not as good as other candidates. Before answering my question, the HR guy sighed. lol

I met 6 guys there during the super day. One senior manager said he would put in recommendation to hire for me. That guy was discussing with me his area on a blackboard and I can tell he was trying to see if I am "trainable". Other folks, especially manager level, they don't care at all, simply ask me if I did this or that.

During my second phone interview, the guy only cares if I had experience in a specific and very monotonous task. He even stopped me when I was explaining the nature of my previous experience. These made me uncomfortable with the culture.

The risk analytics area is a very board field. I walked into the superday without knowing how many teams are there and for which team the position was for. This made my day very difficult. If they rejected you, don't be sad, it simply means you are not a fit.

Good Luck. It is a two way communication.

23 months ago

Ichbinmarc in Brooklyn, New York said: I asked and got a very general answer, your answers to some questions were not as good as other candidates. Before answering my question, the HR guy sighed. lol

I met 6 guys there during the super day. One senior manager said he would put in recommendation to hire for me. That guy was discussing with me his area on a blackboard and I can tell he was trying to see if I am "trainable". Other folks, especially manager level, they don't care at all, simply ask me if I did this or that.

During my second phone interview, the guy only cares if I had experience in a specific and very monotonous task. He even stopped me when I was explaining the nature of my previous experience. These made me uncomfortable with the culture.

The risk analytics area is a very board field. I walked into the superday without knowing how many teams are there and for which team the position was for. This made my day very difficult. If they rejected you, don't be sad, it simply means you are not a fit.

Good Luck. It is a two way communication.

thanks for a detailed reply. i am sure this will help many of us.

i had two telephonic interviews prior to superday...on superday, i met 3 guys..manager, ed and sr manager....ed and sr manager were highly interested...so after 2 weeks i was interviewed by a partner...this one didnt go great...he was asking if i have written white papers! this seems to be a standard question by eny...i wasnt interviewed by hr guy on superday...so i cant directly get in touch with him to find out any feedback...my recruiter is following up every week but there is no response...
processes!...

SRT in Atlanta, Georgia

22 months ago

tuts in Jersey City, New Jersey said: It is more than 3+weeks after my last/final interview. Feedback was all positive by the partners. Still waiting for rejection/acceptance! My recruiter keeps reminding them of me but they donot respond. Does this mean rejection? BTW HR took my w2/payslips immediately after superday event closed. This makes you so hopeful but then there is this period of absolute silence...

@Tut: I am almost exactly in the same situation as you. Interviewed with 3 people (2 mgrs & 1 partner) on superday for FSO. HR called me up the next day and confirmed that everyone thought I was Terrific and they are in the process of drafting an offer for me. Asked for my Payslip. Haven't received an official offer as yet. Its been 10 days since my last interview. Did you end up getting the offer? If so, how long did it take?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

SRT...I havnt heard back from them..I do a regular check with my recruiter but I guess now I am giving up! it is too late(almost 2 months)...All the best!

22 months ago

SRT in Atlanta, Georgia said: @Tut: I am almost exactly in the same situation as you. Interviewed with 3 people (2 mgrs & 1 partner) on superday for FSO. HR called me up the next day and confirmed that everyone thought I was Terrific and they are in the process of drafting an offer for me. Asked for my Payslip. Haven't received an official offer as yet. Its been 10 days since my last interview. Did you end up getting the offer? If so, how long did it take?

EY's fiscal year closes 6/30, recruiter told me that the firm does not hire until July 1, may explain delay in getting formal offer - also, they do a background ck before make written offer and unsure how long that process takes - just speculation on my part, I hopeyou get the offer. Jenny

SRT in Atlanta, Georgia

22 months ago

Thanks for your feedback Jenny and Tut! I ended up getting the offer this week.

22 months ago

congrats!!!

22 months ago

Do you recall the length of time between phone interview and call back to set up office interview?

Congrats, again, on landing the job, great firm.

22 months ago

SRT in Atlanta, Georgia said: Thanks for your feedback Jenny and Tut! I ended up getting the offer this week.

Congrats :)

Muka in Ridgewood, New York

22 months ago

SRT in Atlanta, Georgia said: Thanks for your feedback Jenny and Tut! I ended up getting the offer this week.

Congrats,
I'm in a similar situation,I sent my salary slips and W2 form a week ago.. didn't receive any formal offer yet .. Do you recall the time frame for this phase !

SRT in Atlanta, Georgia

21 months ago

Thanks again guys!

@Jenny: There was no real phone interview for me. The recruiter called me initially to ask my experience, education and location preferences etc. She took two weeks after that to set up an office visit. The process of setting up office visit takes time as they have to route your resume to the appropriate department(s) and obtain feedback. They also need to work with the availability of potential interviewers.

@Muka: About 2 weeks. If the recruiter communicated with you that they are working on an offer for you then you need not worry. They will come back to you with an offer. If you do not hear from them within 1.5 - 2 weeks,call the recruiter to check the status.

Hope this help! Good luck to both!

21 months ago

SRT in Atlanta, Georgia said: Thanks again guys!

@Jenny: There was no real phone interview for me. The recruiter called me initially to ask my experience, education and location preferences etc. She took two weeks after that to set up an office visit. The process of setting up office visit takes time as they have to route your resume to the appropriate department(s) and obtain feedback. They also need to work with the availability of potential interviewers.

@Muka: About 2 weeks. If the recruiter communicated with you that they are working on an offer for you then you need not worry. They will come back to you with an offer. If you do not hear from them within 1.5 - 2 weeks,call the recruiter to check the status.

Hope this help! Good luck to both!

Thanks alot SRT, and how the process will g if i accepted the offer ! How is thier background check is going !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SB in Atlanta, Georgia

21 months ago

Muka in Ridgewood, New York said: Thanks alot SRT, and how the process will g if i accepted the offer ! How is thier background check is going !

Hi Muka,
I am in the same boat as you. Got interviewed for FSO at EY office and 2 days later recruiter told me that the feedback was positive and they are preparing to make me an offer. He also requested me to send the 3 latest W2s and salary slip directly to the company HR. I have been waiting for almost 3 weeks now and haven't received any communication yet. If you don't mind could you please share your status in terms of whether you finally heard from them. If yes, what was the time gap between you sent them the documents and received the communication. Your response will be highly appreciated.

21 months ago

SB in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi Muka,
I am in the same boat as you. Got interviewed for FSO at EY office and 2 days later recruiter told me that the feedback was positive and they are preparing to make me an offer. He also requested me to send the 3 latest W2s and salary slip directly to the company HR. I have been waiting for almost 3 weeks now and haven't received any communication yet. If you don't mind could you please share your status in terms of whether you finally heard from them. If yes, what was the time gap between you sent them the documents and received the communication. Your response will be highly appreciated.

Hi SB, Don't worry you'll receive your offer, I received my offer after like 5 weeks .. so it may take sometime but no worries

QQ in Hightstown, New Jersey

20 months ago

tut in Jersey City, New Jersey said: Congrats :)

Hi TUT, what's your status now? have you finally received an offer ? I have been at the same situation as you are in.

20 months ago

I am really sorry to hear your story. After the super day interview, did the HR ask for the payslip or W2 from you ?

MDB in Wheeling, Illinois

20 months ago

Have applied for a position, can anyone let me know how long the wait is until you know whether or not they are even going to give you a phone interview? Any help would be appreciated. I am a previous employee of a subsidiary of EY.

20 months ago

Ichbinmarc in Brooklyn, New York said: I asked and got a very general answer, your answers to some questions were not as good as other candidates. Before answering my question, the HR guy sighed. lol

Good Luck. It is a two way communication .

Did they ask for your previous payslips/ W2?

20 months ago

SB in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi Muka,
I am in the same boat as you. Got interviewed for FSO at EY office and 2 days later recruiter told me that the feedback was positive and they are preparing to make me an offer. He also requested me to send the 3 latest W2s and salary slip directly to the company HR . I have been waiting for almost 3 weeks now and haven't received any communication yet. If you don't mind could you please share your status in terms of whether you finally heard from them. If yes, what was the time gap between you sent them the documents and received the communication. Your response will be highly appreciated.

Hi SB, What is your status now ? Have received any update ?

canson in New York, New York

20 months ago

I am exactly in the same situation as many of you guys here .

Interviewed with 3 people (2 partners & 1 manager ) for FSO. HR cemailed me that my interviews went well and they "wish to begin the offer process".

Asked for my Payslip. Haven't received an official offer as yet. Its been almost 2 weeks since my last interview. Did you end up getting the offer? If so, how long did it take from when they tell you that they are starting the process to when they give you a real offer ?

Aria1124 in New York, New York

11 months ago

Hi guys,

canson, can you update on your status?

I interviewed with ey last week and got a call from HR the next day that they will be working on making me an offer. It has been a week since the call and I still haven't heard back. I am beginning to worry that I may have dreamed up the call from HR. The HR did not ask for my pay stub but she did send me the forms for the background check.

NewYorker9 in New York, New York

9 months ago

Aria1124 in New York, New York said: Hi guys,

canson, can you update on your status?

I interviewed with ey last week and got a call from HR the next day that they will be working on making me an offer. It has been a week since the call and I still haven't heard back. I am beginning to worry that I may have dreamed up the call from HR. The HR did not ask for my pay stub but she did send me the forms for the background check.

Hello Aria,
Do you have any update on your offer? If yes, can you please let me know how many days after the HR call, did you get your actual offer letter? Also, which division or department were you interviewed for?

Neo45 in Belgium

7 months ago

Hello,

I had 2 phone call interviews and now they called me in for a superday interview onsite at NYC office. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

This interview is for the position Advisory Services Senior.

The first phone interview was for about half hour and it was mostly about my resume and my current job. I was asked some explanation about some of the projects on my resume.

Second one is mainly HR stuff. He was talking about payscale and pay range.
Then he mentioned that I would be called in for a superday. I have it scheduled on Sep30th.

Leisle

7 months ago

Congrats!!!! Go get that job!!!!

Neo45 in Belgium

7 months ago

Leisle said: Congrats!!!! Go get that job!!!!

Thank you! I hope I will.

Aria1124 in New York, New York

7 months ago

Hey New Yorker9, sorry I missed the post. I got the offer letter about 2 weeks after the verbal offer from the HR. Not sure what the hold up was, but the HR reassured me that the delay did not mean they were having second thoughts about hiring me.

What's your status?

Hey neo45, good luck on your interview!

7 months ago

Aria1124 in New York, New York said: Hey New Yorker9, sorry I missed the post. I got the offer letter about 2 weeks after the verbal offer from the HR. Not sure what the hold up was, but the HR reassured me that the delay did not mean they were having second thoughts about hiring me.

What's your status?

Hello Aria, thanks for replying. In my case, the best part was that I got the callback from the HR within half a day after my superday interviews, telling they wanted to hire me. The worst part was that I had to wait for nearly 1.5 months to get the offer letter after that. It was due to some company legal matters within the department.

Long story short, it has been 6 months so far in my application process, and I'm just waiting for my visa transfer to go through. I'm starting work at E&Y next month "finally". :)

7 months ago

Neo45 in Belgium said: Hello,

I had 2 phone call interviews and now they called me in for a superday interview onsite at NYC office. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

This interview is for the position Advisory Services Senior.

The first phone interview was for about half hour and it was mostly about my resume and my current job. I was asked some explanation about some of the projects on my resume.

Second one is mainly HR stuff. He was talking about payscale and pay range.
Then he mentioned that I would be called in for a superday. I have it scheduled on Sep30th.

Hey, do you know what group you are being interviewed for? Also, what's the location of the job that you have applied for?

Neo45 in Centreville, Virginia

7 months ago

NewYorker9 in New York, New York said: Hey, do you know what group you are being interviewed for? Also, what's the location of the job that you have applied for?

Hello,

First of all, congratulations !!! That took a while for you.

Ya, Its the Financial Services Office and I think its Technology Solutions Enablement dept. It was a referral and my first preference was for Mclean,Virginia, and they initially agreed to it. But today when I spoke the main HR, he was insisting on NewYork because it will save them money for the travel (most of the client base is in NewYork). But I am planning to talk to them about the location later.

So, which team are you joining ? I would really appreciate any advice for me for the superday!!

Neo45 in Centreville, Virginia

7 months ago

Aria1124 in New York, New York said: Hey New Yorker9, sorry I missed the post. I got the offer letter about 2 weeks after the verbal offer from the HR. Not sure what the hold up was, but the HR reassured me that the delay did not mean they were having second thoughts about hiring me.

What's your status?

Thank you Aria!! So which dept are you joining ? and any suggestions for me for the superday interview ?

7 months ago

Neo45 in Centreville, Virginia said: Hello,

First of all, congratulations !!! That took a while for you.

Ya, Its the Financial Services Office and I think its Technology Solutions Enablement dept. It was a referral and my first preference was for Mclean,Virginia, and they initially agreed to it. But today when I spoke the main HR, he was insisting on NewYork because it will save them money for the travel (most of the client base is in NewYork). But I am planning to talk to them about the location later.

So, which team are you joining ? I would really appreciate any advice for me for the superday!!

Hello Neo45, thank you for you wishes. I'm joining the FSO Advisory group.

Don't worry about your superday. I can give you an idea how mine was. I had 5 rounds of interview. 4 of them were Senior Managers and 1 was the partner from the same group that I was applying. The whole interview process took around 4 hours. 2 of the Senior Managers asked me technical questions based on the work that I am doing in my current job. These questions were related to my job at E&Y as well. Other 2 Senior Managers talked about my entire resume, right from my first job out of school to my current job. It was much of conversation with these 2 latter guys that I mentioned. The partner spoke about the practice for around 5-10 minutes and he asked me why I'm looking to join E&Y, what I would bring to the table, how I have little experience related to the job at E&Y and such, again it was much of a conversation.

So, to sum up, I would say, be prepared with your resume thoroughly. That is what you will be talking about most of the time. Also, if your current job is somewhat related to your applied job at E&Y, I suggest you brush up your technical jargon a bit. You should sound confident with what you speak. One last thing, wear your best suit. Remember that they want a person who is presentable to the client.

Neo45 in Belgium

6 months ago

NewYorker9 in New York, New York said: Hello Neo45, thank you for you wishes. I'm joining the FSO Advisory group.

So, to sum up, I would say, be prepared with your resume thoroughly. That is what you will be talking about most of the time. Also, if your current job is somewhat related to your applied job at E&Y, I suggest you brush up your technical jargon a bit. You should sound confident with what you speak. One last thing, wear your best suit. Remember that they want a person who is presentable to the client.

wow!! 4 hours and 5 rounds huh! Thank you for giving me an idea about the whole process. They told me it would be 3-4 rounds half hr each. Yeah, I have a technical background. Is it possible to elobarate a little bit on the first two rounds of your interview ? technical questions like coding or some theoritical questions? and did they ask anything about a casestudy or something like that ? I just want to make myself ready for the day! Thank you again for your time and I really appreciate it.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.