Experienced Hire Interview Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

NewYorker9 in Key West, Florida

20 months ago

Neo45 in Belgium said: wow!! 4 hours and 5 rounds huh! Thank you for giving me an idea about the whole process. They told me it would be 3-4 rounds half hr each. Yeah, I have a technical background. Is it possible to elobarate a little bit on the first two rounds of your interview ? technical questions like coding or some theoritical questions? and did they ask anything about a casestudy or something like that ? I just want to make myself ready for the day! Thank you again for your time and I really appreciate it.

Hey Neo, I wouldn't classify only the first 2 rounds as technical rounds and others as non-technical. What I meant was the first 2 guys that I spoke with drilled me on technical stuff, when compared to other 3 guys. The technical questions were all theoretical, scenario based mostly on the activities that I do at my current job. It felt that they were trying to gauge how much knowledge I have regarding the concepts I might be using at the applied job. Just so you know, I had/have a niche skills set (thanks to my current job), the very same set of skills they were looking for in a candidate. So, I was more than comfortable talking about it. That is the reason why I mentioned earlier that my interviews were more of a conversation style than question/answer style.

I was not given any questionnaire to solve. No case study either. Happy to help in anyway possible. Let me know if you need any other information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Neo45 in Belgium

20 months ago

NewYorker9 in Key West, Florida said: Hey Neo, I wouldn't classify only the first 2 rounds as technical rounds and others as non-technical. What I meant was the first 2 guys that I spoke with drilled me on technical stuff, when compared to other 3 guys. The technical questions were all theoretical, scenario based mostly on the activities that I do at my current job. It felt that they were trying to gauge how much knowledge I have regarding the concepts I might be using at the applied job. Just so you know, I had/have a niche skills set (thanks to my current job), the very same set of skills they were looking for in a candidate. So, I was more than comfortable talking about it. That is the reason why I mentioned earlier that my interviews were more of a conversation style than question/answer style.

I was not given any questionnaire to solve. No case study either. Happy to help in anyway possible. Let me know if you need any other information.

Hello NewYorker9,

I am done with my superday and they came back to me saying that they wanted to extend an offer. I am in the negotiation phase right now and this HR guy is a tough one to deal with. I am quite new to this negotiation process aswell. have to see how it goes. when are you joining by the way ?

jobseeker29 in London, United Kingdom

19 months ago

Hi,
I have in the space of 6 weeks gone from having applied for a job through to second round interview with a Director here in the London practice of EY. I gave my second round interview last week on 29th Oct, but still haven't heard from them. The HR say's that the average waiting time is at least a week - so need to panic. Needless to say the impatience is killing me.
I am keen to see if anyone in this forum has dealt with extended waiting periods for results cos at the moment I am feeling extremely nervous. Also, if successful I am supposed to interview with the partner (bit excessive in my opinion having interviewed with a senior manager (round 1) & Director (round 2))

Londonjobber84 in Cannock, United Kingdom

17 months ago

Hi Jobseeker29,

did you hear back from EY? I had my interview with the partner 2 weeks ago also at the London office..., since then no feedback. I am a bit worried now. How did it go with you?

Thanks a lot...

Rote in Hyattsville, Maryland

16 months ago

I have been invited to EY office for an interview(FSO)any idea about likely technical questions?

Neo45 in Centreville, Virginia

16 months ago

Rote in Hyattsville, Maryland said: I have been invited to EY office for an interview(FSO)any idea about likely technical questions?

Hey, good luck with the interview. They usually 4-5 rounds in which one round will be with partner. And it's the most important round I would say. Most of the questions will be on your current job. I am not sure if you have any experience in the financial services side. But if you do, they will mostly talk about it. They won't ask you to write or solve anything, but they would want you to explain the projects that you have worked on. Each round is usually half hour. Partner round is pretty casual. Be prepared with the obvious questions like tell me about yourself, how would you handle a difficult team mate, the toughest problem you have solved, your team work examples, positives and negatives. Be sure to have some questions prepared for them, they would love to talk too. If you have any experience in AML , sanctions, compliance stuff, they will grill you in that areas. Let me know if you have any specific questions, I would be happy to help. Look up some previous posts, you will find some information about the super day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

TS in New York, New York

15 months ago

Hello,

I had a face to face interview at EY New York 2 weeks ago and have not heard back with an acceptance or rejection. I applied through their employee referral program and things seemed to go very smoothly. A recruiter contacted me within 24 hours, followed by another phone interview the following and immediately asked to come in for a 1:1 interview at the office. After a week, I emailed the recruiter to express my interest in the position and any updates. I am getting a little antsy at this point since I heard nothing from them. Any thoughts/insights? Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

CPATOBE in Bowling Green, Ohio

15 months ago

Same boat. Interviewed for Advisory position in Cleveland but it's getting into the second week, heard nothing from anyone. A former EY buddy told me it could take a couple of days to two weeks for them to get back to you, but it's been quite a while for you.
If anyone is with EY, please give us a hint. I know they send rejection by mail, these days (at least is what I hear).

TS in New York, New York said: Hello,

I had a face to face interview at EY New York 2 weeks ago and have not heard back with an acceptance or rejection. I applied through their employee referral program and things seemed to go very smoothly. A recruiter contacted me within 24 hours, followed by another phone interview the following and immediately asked to come in for a 1:1 interview at the office. After a week, I emailed the recruiter to express my interest in the position and any updates. I am getting a little antsy at this point since I heard nothing from them. Any thoughts/insights? Thank you!

15 months ago

I just realized it should be 3 weeks for you now. By now you must've heard something. What was the news? Good or bad? The wait is quite worrisome.

TS in New York, New York said: Hello,

TS in New York, New York

14 months ago

CPATOBE in Bowling Green, Ohio said: I just realized it should be 3 weeks for you now. By now you must've heard something. What was the news? Good or bad? The wait is quite worrisome.

Didn't get the job. Hope you had better luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

USApplicant in Stamford, Connecticut

14 months ago

CPATOBE in Bowling Green, Ohio said: Been waiting 3 weeks without a word from them. I've decided that if they reject me I'll just stop applying other jobs and continue with my losing weight strategy. I think weight discrimination is an issue.

Hi,

I have been waiting for a week as well. What could I expect? The interviews went well and I seem to fit the need.

CPATOBE - did you get a response? It must be five weeks now. Thanks!

14 months ago

USApplicant in Stamford, Connecticut said: Hi,

I have been waiting for a week as well. What could I expect? The interviews went well and I seem to fit the need.

CPATOBE - did you get a response? It must be five weeks now. Thanks!

I found out after pursuing the recruiter that I was rejected, despite passing the CPA, CISA, having work experience and two masters. I guess my excess weight is "weighing me down", so if you're chubby, start looking for other jobs. From what I found, if they like you, they will try to get you quickly. If you're still waiting after two weeks, call the recruiter

USApplicant in New York

14 months ago

CPATOBE - Sorry to hear that, although I dont understand why they should do that. I'll hope for the best.

14 months ago

USApplicant in New York said: CPATOBE - Sorry to hear that, although I dont understand why they should do that. I'll hope for the best.

Thanks. I'm heading back to industry, who are a bit less picky. From what I've heard Big 4s need "sexy people" who can please the clients, or something like that. Many managers insist that they would rather hire someone with few qualifications who is sexually attractive but don't let that scare you.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.