The Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Ernst & Young?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

gopogujarati in Edison, New Jersey

93 months ago

I would suggest be careful if you are applying for the job over here. The gentleman how is hiring and the lady (Name Removed) something like that... Highly unethical company and people, I am not sure if it is firm as a whole or just their purchasing dept. I have interviewed with them Twice once in 2004 and in 2006

I am not saying they are unethical coz I dint get the job. I think its more so on how they interview you, they see your resume and call you for a interview which is in very informal setting and you go room to room and finally u just get a note few months later that you dint get the job, with out any communication.

As far as their structure is concerned they have a purchasing director, and 2 commodity assistant director 1 on Vendor Mgmt side and 1 one who has a group of Strategic sourcing, and they have a whole bunch of employees reporting in each group. Futhermore, they have some legacy system in place for purchasing and doing e-Sourcing events.

Location is a total nightmare, somewere near GAints stadium I mean my over all exp, if you get a interview dont get excited coz no matter how good your interview is that doesn't mean you are going to get the job.

- gopo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Jack Kates in Somerset, New Jersey

93 months ago

I interviewed for the Help Desk Supervisor position and it is not your typical 9 to 5 day to day operation. This position is for someone who is not married with kids because you will not have anytime to see your wife or kids. This position is overwhelming with paper work and following ITIL metrics. I found that this position is very misleading to anyone applying for it.E&Y is a very good company to work for, but they will make you work for every penny. To let you know I interviewed with ML.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Greg in Arlington, VA

92 months ago

Unethical? Dont throw names around. It sounds like sour grapes to me.

PS SPELLCHECK!!!

gopogujarati said: I would suggest be careful if you are applying for the job over here. The gentleman how is hiring and the lady Leane Mandez something like that... Highly unethical company and people, I am not sure if it is firm as a whole or just their purchasing dept. I have interviewed with them Twice once in 2004 and in 2006
I am not saying they are unethical coz I dint get the job. I think its more so on how they interview you, they see your resume and call you for a interview which is in very informal setting and you go room to room and finally u just get a note few months later that you dint get the job, with out any communication.
As far as their structure is concerned they have a purchasing director, and 2 commodity assistant director 1 on Vendor Mgmt side and 1 one who has a group of Strategic sourcing, and they have a whole bunch of employees reporting in each group. Futhermore, they have some legacy system in place for purchasing and doing e-Sourcing events.
Location is a total nightmare, somewere near GAints stadium I mean my over all exp, if you get a interview dont get excited coz no matter how good your interview is that doesn't mean you are going to get the job.
- gopo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

R in NJ in Piscataway, New Jersey

86 months ago

Agree. gopogujarati, if you speak the way you write, I can understand why you didn't get the job.

Greg in Arlington, VA said: Unethical? Dont throw names around. It sounds like sour grapes to me.

PS SPELLCHECK!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.