Am I rejected?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

nicolecc in Chicago, Illinois

31 months ago

I interviewed with E&Y 3 weeks ago and it was an entry level position in advisory. The office visit was 4 interviews conducted by managers and partners. I sent an thank you letter to the recruiter right after the office visit. He replied right away that the feed back was very positive and I should be expecting a more detailed response early last week. I waited till last Thursday and sent him the second email. He replied that the result would be out at the middle of this week. Today is Wed already and I haven't heard back from the HR yet. I don't know if I was rejected or not. I really like this position and I had a great time talking with the professionals at E&Y too. The initial reply from the HR sounds really positive, but I just started to feel anxious after such a long time of waiting. Anyone had a similar experience? Do you think I still have a chance? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Betsy21 in La Mesa, California

31 months ago

nicolecc in Chicago, Illinois said: I interviewed with E&Y 3 weeks ago and it was an entry level position in advisory. The office visit was 4 interviews conducted by managers and partners. I sent an thank you letter to the recruiter right after the office visit. He replied right away that the feed back was very positive and I should be expecting a more detailed response early last week. I waited till last Thursday and sent him the second email. He replied that the result would be out at the middle of this week. Today is Wed already and I haven't heard back from the HR yet. I don't know if I was rejected or not. I really like this position and I had a great time talking with the professionals at E&Y too. The initial reply from the HR sounds really positive, but I just started to feel anxious after such a long time of waiting. Anyone had a similar experience? Do you think I still have a chance? Thanks!

At least you got to the 4 interviews, I was interviewed for a position at Olive Garden (Preparation, production and the guy who interviewed me, a culinary assistant suggested that I apply for a host position because he said the position that I applied for is too much work. He did say he would have the manager call me back on Friday (03/02/2012) I don't think so. I have been applying everywhere, I never found it so tough, I have been to interviews in the past that you are interviewed twice but when I was told I had to go to three interviews I thought that was insane, but than you said you went to 4, Wow! Good Luck and I hope you get hired.
Besty

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tut in Jersey City, New Jersey

29 months ago

nicolecc in Chicago, Illinois said: I interviewed with E&Y 3 weeks ago and it was an entry level position in advisory. The office visit was 4 interviews conducted by managers and partners. I sent an thank you letter to the recruiter right after the office visit. He replied right away that the feed back was very positive and I should be expecting a more detailed response early last week. I waited till last Thursday and sent him the second email. He replied that the result would be out at the middle of this week. Today is Wed already and I haven't heard back from the HR yet. I don't know if I was rejected or not. I really like this position and I had a great time talking with the professionals at E&Y too. The initial reply from the HR sounds really positive, but I just started to feel anxious after such a long time of waiting. Anyone had a similar experience? Do you think I still have a chance? Thanks!

hi nicolecc...I am sailing in the same boat as you...I had 6 rounds of interview and it is more than 3weeks now..I dont know the result...anxiety increases as the position sounded v exciting and the interviewers were great..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Betsy21 in La Mesa, California

29 months ago

Betsy21 in La Mesa, California said: At least you got to the 4 interviews, I was interviewed for a position at Olive Garden (Preparation, production and the guy who interviewed me, a culinary assistant suggested that I apply for a host position because he said the position that I applied for is too much work. He did say he would have the manager call me back on Friday (03/02/2012) I don't think so. I have been applying everywhere, I never found it so tough, I have been to interviews in the past that you are interviewed twice but when I was told I had to go to three interviews I thought that was insane, but than you said you went to 4, Wow! Good Luck and I hope you get hired.
Besty

Hi Besty,

I went to a similar interview as you did, was the culinary assistant you went to an interview with named Alex? He told me that there was only a prep cook position open and too much work, I told him I am a prep cook over 7 years experience, he said again too much work and I should apply for a host position. I only got only one interview and this was back in February and he told me he would call me back too. This little worm. The hostesses that worked there were very friendly and kept offering me water because this culinary assistant was late on interviewing me.

Good Luck,

Susan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.