How long till they contacted you?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Diva in Ridgewood, New York

91 months ago

How long did it take from when you submitted your resume till they contacted you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Guest in Bronx, New York

91 months ago

I was contacted within 24 hours! It was by a recruiter for the company, and I had to go through a pretty thorough phone interview before even being considered for a face to face.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dc in Alexandria, Virginia

89 months ago

I was contacted wthin a week. I went through 1 thorough phone interview. The second was more of a discussion with the Hiring Manager. I ended up turning down the job, but I thought their process was very fair and the Hiring Manager I spoke with was fantastic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Iris in Buena Park, California

88 months ago

I am glad that you got contact so quick, may I know your recruiter's info?

Thanks a lot,

Iris

Guest in Bronx, New York said: I was contacted within 24 hours! It was by a recruiter for the company, and I had to go through a pretty thorough phone interview before even being considered for a face to face.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ryan in Jersey City, New Jersey

87 months ago

Took about 3 weeks for contact. Waited 2 months before an offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

blogMeTender in Hayward, California

87 months ago

Wow, this is great to hear, that an employer responds so quickly! Apparently, they've realized with so many other employers who are so slow during recruiting, they can gain an incredible advantage by being faster than their competitors.

And even if they don't choose you, at least there's some positive rapport. It's been interesting when reviewing some resumes to see managers who've worked at a given company, and then the resume reader says, "That company treated me so poorly, I'd never hire anybody who worked there." Given today's incessant mergers, it seems only advantageous to want to stay on good terms with everyone, and that applies in the shape of the from-employer-to-candidate extension.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marcia79 in Hollywood, Florida

86 months ago

Ryan in Jersey City, New Jersey said: Took about 3 weeks for contact. Waited 2 months before an offer.

MAy I ask why you waited so long for an offer. I did an interview last week and am awaiting a response and want to know if they are just dragging out the inevitable or could this still be legit?

thanks,

Renese

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mahinth in Luton, United Kingdom

84 months ago

Hi,

I have been researching for my phone interview with E&Y; however I would be very interested to know what they asked you.

Cheers,

Mahinth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Chicago in Wood Dale, Illinois

84 months ago

I must admit E&Y are straightforward with the process. I had phone interviews for a few different positions that I applied to within months of each other. Each time, I received a phone call to set up an interview within a week or two, and within a few days to a week after, they let me know that while my credentials looked good, I didn't get the positions. I was disappointed, but was very pleased that they had the decency and common courtesy to actually follow up and let me know their decision. So many jobs don't do that. As a result, I still have respect for E&Y...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gabi in Newark, New Jersey

84 months ago

mahinth in Luton, United Kingdom said: Hi,

I have been researching for my phone interview with E&Y; however I would be very interested to know what they asked you.

Cheers,

Mahinth.

Hey...this should b helpful...it should give you an insight into what they expect from you... www.wetfeet.com/Content/Company%20QA/ernst%20and%20young%20international.aspx

If you dont think that works...go to KPMG's US site and go to their college recruiting section...you should see a bunch of sample questions...I know its not E&Y but honestly they're looking for the same kind of people...if you cannot access it, let me know, i'll post the link for you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.