FED X HIRING PROCESS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

landofentrashment in Rio Rancho, New Mexico

84 months ago

FedEX hiring practices are astonishing. They have no problem wasting your time for a job that MAY comeup 6 months from now.

FEDEX Advertises a job that really doesn't exist just so they can fill their "potential employee funnel". FEDEX makes you show up for an entire day of testing with 40 other down-and-out people in the room just so they can put you in a funnel for a potential job that may come up 6 months from now....courier? not a chance, you'll be on a dock sorting packages

THE ARROGANCE OF THIS COMPANY TOWARDS JOB-SEEKERS IS APPAULING

DON'T BE FOOLED THERE IS NO CURRENT JOB AVAILABLE...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (234) / No (50) Reply - Report abuse

A_Rise in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

landofentrashment in Rio Rancho, New Mexico said: FedEX hiring practices are astonishing. They have no problem wasting your time for a job that MAY comeup 6 months from now.

FEDEX Advertises a job that really doesn't exist just so they can fill their "potential employee funnel". FEDEX makes you show up for an entire day of testing with 40 other down-and-out people in the room just so they can put you in a funnel for a potential job that may come up 6 months from now....courier? not a chance, you'll be on a dock sorting packages

THE ARROGANCE OF THIS COMPANY TOWARDS JOB-SEEKERS IS APPAULING

DON'T BE FOOLED THERE IS NO CURRENT JOB AVAILABLE...

Is that comment in general? I'm being recruited now for a sales position....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

anwar kowtame in Columbus, Ohio

84 months ago

Iam anwar kowtame i look for job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (45) Reply - Report abuse

steven dollinger in Merritt Island, Florida

83 months ago

no they dont

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Kelly in Atlanta, Georgia

83 months ago

Some people say they do and some say they dont! I have an interview with UPS on the 17th, but Fedex is a little closer. I need the benefits though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Indeed Admin in Stamford, Connecticut

70 months ago

Hello Jimmy, Thanks for joining the Indeed forums! I did a quick search for your question using the Indeed Salary tool. All you have to do is enter your title and your location and it will generate a salary estimate based on the listings we see. Here's the result: http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=Fed+Ex&l1=Alabama&tm=1 Indeed Admin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

deansuraci in Cornwall, New York

70 months ago

In Binghamton, New York, the Account Executive position pays 50,000 base with 20,000 bonus. No company car, but there are other excellent benefits. I'm not sure if there are different kinds of Acct Exec positions with FedEx, but the one I applied to was what I quoted above.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KEVIN TATUM in POMONA, California

70 months ago

I COMPLETED AN APPLICATION SESSION TWO WEEKS AGO AND THE SAME DAY I FINISHED A DRUG TEST. THE RECRUITER SAID THAT THE BACKGROUND CHECK WOULD TAKE A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND YOU WILL BE CALLED. IT HAS BEEN THREE WEEKS SINCE THAT TIME AND THE PERSONEL UP FRONT SAID IT MIGHT TAKE UP TO 4 WEEKS WHEN I CALLED FOR AN APPLICATION STATUS. IS IT WISE TO KEEP BUGGING THEM OR JUST BE PATIENT?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Felix C in SF, California

70 months ago

Keven. How was the Application Session? What exactly do you do @ the session?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

KEVIN TATUM in Los Angeles, California

70 months ago

AT THE APPLICATION SESSION, WE FILLED OUT ALL PAPERWORK PERTAINING TO EMPLOYMENT HISTORY, DRUG TESTING, BACKGROUND CHECK, TAX EXEMPT, DIRECT DEPOSIT, ETC. THEN WE WERE INTERVIEWD BY SEVEERAL MANAGERS AND INSTRUCTED TO GO DOWN THE STREET FOR DRUG TESTING AND RETURN THE CONFIRMATION PAPERS TO THE FACILITY. THE RECRUITER ALSO INFORMED US THAT WHEN WE RECIEVE A COPY OF OUR BACKGROUND CHECK SHE WOULD BE MAKING CALLS BACK FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTION. THEY HAVE 12 OPENINGS FOR THE SHIFT I APPLIED FOR AND I JUST RECIEVED MY BACKGROUND CHECK IN THE MAIL LAST TUESDAY. THE RECRUITER WONT BE IN HER OFFICE UNTIL THE END OF THE WEEK, SO I'M WONDERING IF I SHOULD WAIT ANOTHER WEEK AND CALL IN ON MY APPLICATION STATUS, OR JUST BE PATIENT?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

fdx de in Nevada

67 months ago

Kelly in Atlanta, Georgia said: Some people say they do and some say they dont! I have an interview with UPS on the 17th, but Fedex is a little closer. I need the benefits though.

If you're hired at FedEx as a permanent employee, yes. Part time handlers DO have benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

JP in Mountain Home, Arkansas

37 months ago

Kelly in Atlanta, Georgia said: Does anyone know if Fedex has benefits for part time package handlers in Georgia?

yes and no. you have to clock in 1000 hours to get benifits as a package handler. it will take a couple months onto a year or so depending on the size of the hub.

as toward what the initial poster said. i walked in and applied, spent a little while on the computer doing the application and its questions(just typical "I'm not crazy" questions).
a few days later(two if i remember correctly)i got a call to come in and do the paper work. i did(just typical tax info for jobs and the such) and started my training videos an hour or so later i was on the dock working. i live and work in Arkansas so my FedEx may use different methods.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ivs in La Habra, California

17 months ago

Is their training involved wnem you get a package handling job? If so what time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.