How to get a job at FedEx.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (31)

Host

Do you work at FedEx? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Hwyfly in Saint Paul, Minnesota

93 months ago

Around here in Minnesota, you need one year of experience before they will hire you!

Good Luck! Hwyfly

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Try indeed.com, I recruit.. in Keller, Texas

93 months ago

I recruit IEs and others for electronics manufacturing and use indeed.com with daily agents constantly.

see my jobs at johnmyers.typepad.com
I am also looking for IEs for two electronics manufacturers in Memphis, and an IE Manager or engineer ready to move up.
John Myers jmyers at kbic dot com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dmm in Steubenville, Ohio

91 months ago

Do you have any hiring contacts in Pittsburgh? I did apply online, but do not have a follow up contact. I am a professional with over 15 years business management/proj management experience and I have an MBA. I appreciate any direction to get an interview and I will take it from there. Thank you much.

Try indeed.com, I recruit.. in Keller, Texas said: I recruit IEs and others for electronics manufacturing and use indeed.com with daily agents constantly.

see my jobs at johnmyers.typepad.com
I am also looking for IEs for two electronics manufacturers in Memphis, and an IE Manager or engineer ready to move up.
John Myers jmyers at kbic dot com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

irked

91 months ago

This company lists qualifications and PREFERENCES and then when you apply, you get a screening questionnaire that you must respond to before actually submitting your resume. This is common with a lot of postings these days. IF you don't answer with the correct responses, you don't get any further into the application web site.

For example, I applied for a job that says Bi-Lingual PREFERRED (not required!!!). I answered that I was not bi-lingual, then received an auto responder saying I didn't meet the MINIMUM requirements. IF Spanish is REQUIRED, then say so. Don't waste my time by stating it's PREFERRED and then rejecting based on that sole factor up front in the screening questions, when all other minimum qualifications were met!!

The "rejection letter" actually used the word Bi-Lingual in the job title even though the job ad/posting DOES NOT state this, only as I said before, that it's preferred!! BIG DIFFERENCE!! Needless to say, now they've also lost a future customer when I decide that I need to mail packages!! I'll go to their competition!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

pat mcc in Ripon, California

78 months ago

There will always be complainers in life, these people are life’s losers. Sometimes it’s hard to separate fact from fiction so here is something FACTUAL to base how well FedEx is: Fortune 100 best companies to work for 97 FedEx What makes it so great?
Firm continues a no-layoff philosophy, offers health insurance to retirees and part-timers, and promotes from within (90% of FedEx Express managers worked their way up).

That is straight from Fortune’s website here is the link money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/bestcompanies/2008/snapshots/97.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

bboomer in Palmdale, California

77 months ago

Mark in Staten Island, New York said: My advice : find another profession. Fedex is not a place you want to be for a lifetime career.

I've spent the last 25 yrs with Fedex Express.... Pure fact. Some of us CAN do it... It takes perserverence and loyalty.. Traits that some of you younsters do not have.
Yes, I am retirement qualified and can leave any time I choose..but, I choose to wait until 60, in a couple months, then make a concrete decision....
Eat your heart out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

jims2321 in Orlando, Florida

69 months ago

pat mcc in Ripon, California said: There will always be complainers in life, these people are life’s losers. Sometimes it’s hard to separate fact from fiction so here is something FACTUAL to base how well FedEx is: Fortune 100 best companies to work for 97 FedEx What makes it so great?
Firm continues a no-layoff philosophy, offers health insurance to retirees and part-timers, and promotes from within (90% of FedEx Express managers worked their way up).

That is straight from Fortune’s website here is the link money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/bestcompanies/2008/snapshots/97.html

First of all, FedEx has no layoff policy is fiction. FedEx uses several ways to downsize, all essential are layoffs.

Second, Fortune's sampling method for their "Best Place to Work List" is a joke. Once Fortune survey's about 200 people (which are prescreen by HR). They then sit back down with HR to review and revise the results. So take anything coming out of that rag with a big grain of salt!

Finally, depending upon which OpCo you work for, your benefits and career opportunities vary. I work for Services and have been there 12 years, gotten stellar reviews, promotions and raises, no way would I take another promotion. I have reach the point, where the amount of effort I am willing to put out versus the headaches of a promotion are not worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

justplanegrl in PIT, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

I worked at Fedex Express for 8 yrs you dont need 1 year experience, but theyusually do their hiring via Temp agency, but if you go to Fedex.com it will list positions in you area. I stayed because of the flying benefits lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

j hoffa in Westland, Michigan

64 months ago

go to your nearest trash collector and they can get you a job at fedex

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Dereck Lamar in Cocoa, Florida

62 months ago

I just had a interview with Fed Ex.. The lady was nice however
she said that I would start off with an agency first.

But when I was there I sign all kind of paper work like the w2 infromation and direct checking infromation. She called back a day later and left a message on my machine, Saying she has a question about my application.

Now thru all of this does this mean I have the job? Please help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Two questions:

1. Did you fudge any information or questions on your application? If so the HR department will find out, and that is reason for not hiring you.

2. Did you get contacted by the contracting agency at all? FedEx does not recruit hires then make them go thru agencies. If you interview with FedEx, and were hired, you should of received an offer letter. If you did not get said letter, you are just a temp hire. This means you are a contractor, and there is no guarantee that you will become a FedEx employee.

If you feel that you were miss led, I sympathize. I can not remember that last contractor in FedEx services that was made an employee in the past 2 years. But then I am only one of 10,000 Services employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

jims2321 in Orlando, Florida said: Two questions:

1. Did you fudge any information or questions on your application? If so the HR department will find out, and that is reason for not hiring you.

2. Did you get contacted by the contracting agency at all? FedEx does not recruit hires then make them go thru agencies. If you interview with FedEx, and were hired, you should of received an offer letter. If you did not get said letter, you are just a temp hire. This means you are a contractor.

I submitted my resume and the lady called for a interview like 3 weeks later. And you are Correct! the lady said that I will work for an agency only as a seasonal worker. What do you mean by fudge? Do you mean my work history or criminal history? or just plain questions? Because I had reasonable gaps in my employment that I
explain to my interviewer. If you worked a Job you didnot post will they find this out too?

Now keep in mind that this was on 10/14/09. Plus the lady had me sign Background check Infro and also made me sign for drug testing.

Did you get contacted by the contracting agency at all?

No I didn't I believe it would be on monday. Plus I explain to her that my license were in fact suspended like almost three years ago, But she explain to me that it would disqualify me from fed ex, if in fact it was suspended more then 30 days. But not from the contracting agency, I believe she said that she didn't know what their rules were.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Okay, then I believe the call back is just to clarify some details. I am still a little perplexed by the hold FedEx interviewing seasonal workers to hire them thru an agency. Usually it is the other way around. You go thru agency hire/application, they do all the background checks, and then they setup an interview with the client. But this is just another sign of how screwed up FedEx has become.

Best of Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

jims2321 in Orlando, Florida said: Okay, then I believe the call back is just to clarify some details. I am still a little perplexed by the hold FedEx interviewing seasonal workers to hire them thru an agency. Usually it is the other way around. You go thru agency hire/application, they do all the background checks, and then they setup an interview with the client. But this is just another sign of how screwed up FedEx has become.

Best of Luck

Thanx for the response, I really want to come in and prove myself to the Company, So maybe just maybe I have a remote possibility to be hired on. I have gone thru agencies before only to be hired on. I want to have the experience so I can eventually work for UPS one day.

So thru your experience does this mean I have the job from what I explain above?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yvonne in North Pole, Alaska

60 months ago

Hwyfly in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: Around here in Minnesota, you need one year of experience before they will hire you!

Good Luck! Hwyfly

One year experience doing WHAT?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EJ FRESH in Grand Prairie, Texas

57 months ago

bboomer in Palmdale, California said: I've spent the last 25 yrs with Fedex Express.... Pure fact. Some of us CAN do it... It takes perserverence and loyalty.. Traits that some of you younsters do not have.
Yes, I am retirement qualified and can leave any time I choose..but, I choose to wait until 60, in a couple months, then make a concrete decision....
Eat your heart out.

Ive recently interviewd and did my drug test the same day with Fedeex Express at the DFW area for Ramp Handler at the airport. How long does it usllay take for them to give me a call for job offer.? I have 2 years of Airline ramp experience for Delta Airlines. .. Just courious, how long it would take its been 2 weeks now since i did the interview and drug test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EJ FRESH in Grand Prairie, Texas

57 months ago

justplanegrl in PIT, Pennsylvania said: I worked at Fedex Express for 8 yrs you dont need 1 year experience, but theyusually do their hiring via Temp agency, but if you go to Fedex.com it will list positions in you area. I stayed because of the flying benefits lol

Say,? ive recently interviewd with fedex express and also did the drugtest to the same day about 2 weeks ago for the ramp handler postion at the dfw airport. How long does it usally take for them to call you for job offer. Last time i checked she said she was seperating the am and pm shifts. and that she waiting on the manger to do somthing. but just curious how long does the process take its been now 2 weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ctw1287 in Gainesville, Florida

56 months ago

bboomer in Palmdale, California said: I've spent the last 25 yrs with Fedex Express.... Pure fact. Some of us CAN do it... It takes perserverence and loyalty.. Traits that some of you younsters do not have.
Eat your heart out.

I have an interview This monday with fedex offices what would you recommend so that i would greater my chances to getting employed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stay at-home Dad in Modesto, California

52 months ago

Eat your heart out.

I've been trying to get with Fedex Express in Stockton, but as usual these jobs are so hard to get into. The hiring process is completely different than 25 years ago. I know just loyalty and hard work can make Fedex a great company to work for.

I worked for a little while at a different Fedex (before leaving for personal reasons) but the perks and the management, and as long as you worked, you could move ahead quickly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pypermel@aol.com in Rincon, Georgia

34 months ago

Host said: Do you work at FedEx? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I have been in construction 30+, would like a change. I know no one who works there,I would like to find out how where and when. Thank-you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Folly in Portland, Oregon

34 months ago

Host said: Do you work at FedEx? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Which branch of FedEx are you trying to get in to? Are you wanting to be a driver? Work at the Distribution Center or work at a FedEx Office (Kinkos)? They would like at least one year minimum experience in office and retail if you are working at a Kinkos, package handling and driving experience if you are working those areas.

Best advice. Be friendly and don't be intimidated about speaking up and talking about yourself. They don't want a quiet hermit is going to hide in the corner during conversations or confrontations. Because no matter what part of FedEx you work in, you will get people who are mad with everything you do.

I have been working for FedEx Office (Kinkos) for a little while now. Good luck! It's a good company with great benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stay at home mother in Fairfax, Virginia

34 months ago

I go for my first interview on Monday morning for Lead Production Coordinator! It has been a while since I have had an interview. Can anyone give me some pointers? Very nervous and want to make sure I get this job!! Need it to support my family. Been reading a lot about the job but still scared because of things that others have posted on other sites. Don't know what to ask at the interview or what to expect!! Please help!! Thx!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Robert Snowden in Olney, Maryland

25 months ago

I had a interview about two weeks ago in the Germantown and the interview went well the manager seemed very interested and said that she was going to call me for a second interview to meet with the district manager. Three weeks has passed and I have heard nothing. I find it very disrespectful to get someone hopes up. I've called a few times and the person who answers the phone keeps saying the manager is busy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

DL in Kent, Ohio

21 months ago

I applied to a position at Fedex Express and received an email soon after saying my resume, application, and profile was a close match to the position and they would be in contact with me directly if my skills match the need of the job. Is this something they send everyone? Also this position is in Memphis and I live in Ohio, anyone apply to a position out of state and know how they would do your interviews?

Keith in Sheffield Lake, Ohio

20 months ago

Anyone know if they ever hired in the Cleveland area? I've been watching their job listing and it is very rare to see many jobs listed for Cleveland.

Is this one of those places where they pretty much hire only family and friends?

Keith in Sheffield Lake, Ohio

20 months ago

Folly in Portland, Oregon said:

Best advice. Be friendly and don't be intimidated about speaking up and talking about yourself. They don't want a quiet hermit is going to hide in the corner during conversations or confrontations. Because no matter what part of FedEx you work in, you will get people who are mad with everything you do.

I have been working for FedEx Office (Kinkos) for a little while now. Good luck! It's a good company with great benefits.

Wow I was going to apply for a Center Consultant job but I don't have the retail experience. I have equivalent type experience in industry.

Plus, I have more than the required high school diploma. I have an engineering degree. How would they accept someone with my qualifications?

Also, why is FedEx hiring people who will get mad and harrass their coworkers?

steveodom23 in Saint Louis, Missouri

19 months ago

Keith in Sheffield Lake, Ohio said: Wow I was going to apply for a Center Consultant job but I don't have the retail experience. I have equivalent type experience in industry.

Plus, I have more than the required high school diploma. I have an engineering degree. How would they accept someone with my qualifications?

Also, why is FedEx hiring people who will get mad and harrass their coworkers?

I have an interview with FedEx Thursday for this Consultant position what exactly is this
I

mitch86 in Arlington, Texas

8 months ago

im.currently in the middle of the FedEx hiring process. after taking drug test i was asked to send an email asking me to explain My felony. I've signed the offer letter, im just ready to work and anxious for a response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

omar caban in San Juan, Puerto Rico

2 months ago

Iam very interested to get a job in fed ex.I am from Puerto Rico,but i like to work in the USA.

Phil in Lawrenceburg, Indiana

5 days ago

I've been reading that they only hire from within, is this true? I just applied for the Operations Admin 1 position. Do they prefer people who worked as package handlers first?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.