FedEx Sales Plan for interview?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

jagsfan05 in Hendersonville, Tennessee

37 months ago

So I am in the last phase of the interview process for FedEx with Inside Sales. As part of my interview they sent me a spreadsheet containing a sample territory located in a specific market and I am supposed to use Powerpoint and present a sales plan to grow this territory. Having a hard time coming up with something seeing as how I have never done this before. The presentation is only 10 minutes...

I can't upload the spreadsheet for you to look at but perhaps you could list your email and I can send it to you. Just need some ideas or if someone has been through this before.

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

amyw588 in Memphis, Tennessee

37 months ago

I'm interviewing for same position. Having same difficulty as data isn't specific. Where are you at with your excel process?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jagsfan05 in Hendersonville, Tennessee

37 months ago

amyw588 in Memphis, Tennessee said: I'm interviewing for same position. Having same difficulty as data isn't specific. Where are you at with your excel process?

Wow, what are the odds? What do you mean where am I at with excel process? Just been filtering the data to try and discover different trends. We should talk together and bounce ideas off one another. Yeah the data isn't very specific...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jon33 in Silver Spring, Maryland

35 months ago

Hey guys, I am in the same position right now. I am starting to go through the information to create this presentation. If I could contact you about any advice or can answer some questions about how you prepared or how the interview went, I would really appreciate. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JonT in Santa Monica, California

34 months ago

How did it go? What did you guys focus on?

cjewell in Oxford, Mississippi

5 months ago

jagsfan05 in Hendersonville, Tennessee said: So I am in the last phase of the interview process for FedEx with Inside Sales . As part of my interview they sent me a spreadsheet containing a sample territory located in a specific market and I am supposed to use Powerpoint and present a sales plan to grow this territory. Having a hard time coming up with something seeing as how I have never done this before. The presentation is only 10 minutes...

I can't upload the spreadsheet for you to look at but perhaps you could list your email and I can send it to you. Just need some ideas or if someone has been through this before.

Thanks.

shoot me a email I am going through this now I am a nervous wreck!!! Magnoliajewell@gmail.com

5 months ago

amyw588 in Memphis, Tennessee said: I'm interviewing for same position. Having same difficulty as data isn't specific. Where are you at with your excel process?

I have questions about your post email me please magnoliajewell@gmail.com

jon in Silver Spring, Maryland

5 months ago

What kind of questions do you have cjewell? lets keep it on the forum.

5 months ago

ok I have the same questions and concerns you had months ago. How did you get started I am clueless I have never done this before, I honestly do not know how to begin I received the info email yesterday morning and I have my interview Monday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jon in Silver Spring, Maryland

5 months ago

first off... relax (although, I had a week to do it, so you are def pressed for time). They are not looking for you to re-invent the wheel here, they are just looking at the way you look at numbers, analyze results, present your findings and, most importantly, how you would go about hitting the ground running into the position. The KEY thing is here is to get a quick outline together ASAP and practice, practice, practice.

One thing that I found helpful was to look at the relationship of the industry (through industry codes to show whos using it) vs. Location (where the hottest areas are and why) vs. deal size. THE best way to compare numbers across these seemingly unrelated constraints are through PIVOT TABLES. If you havent heard of them, google it, use them and present them. Then look at the marginal growth of accounts. Compare the two and create a plan to expand the area based on those dimensions- industry, area, company size. try to come up with a quick action plan for the conclusion and boom that should be more than enough for the presentation.

Good Luck and again, PRACTICE. I cannot emphasize that enough, you should go through your full presentation (all the way through from beginning to end with not breaks) at least 10 times. Let me know how it goes.

- Jon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

thank you I will keep in touch I do appreciate your response. What am I suppose to do with the information on the spreadsheet?? I'm still clueless.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.