FedEx

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Gary Hall in Newark, Ohio

94 months ago

I iook their 5 hour test and nearly aced it and still can't get a reply back from them! I made the mistake of listing ny age which is between 52 and 62.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

landofentrashment in Rio Rancho, New Mexico

89 months ago

FedX hiring practices are astonishing. They have no problem wasting your time.

FEDX Advertises a job that really doesn't exist just so they can fill their "potential employee funnels". FEDX makes you show up for an entire day of testing with 40 other down-and-out people in the room just so they can put you in a funnel for a potential job that may come up 6 months from now.

THE ARROGANCE OF THIS COMPANY TO JOB-SEEKERS IS APPAULING

BEWARE OF FEDX

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

grdina in Akron, Ohio

88 months ago

I also went for an interview I have excellent customer svc skills and went through a long list of questions for employment I felt like I was under a spot light being fired upon by two drill sargents. Needless to say I didnt get any position they were hiring for and I think it is due to me saying I am a proud grandmother when I was asked a question of " What makes you happy" does that make or break me from a job??? They wasted my time I wish they could have told me they wanted a younger person but then they would be against the law, I think us oldsters are in for a ride.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FedexSuxx in BornInBrooklyn, New York

84 months ago

Don't be a fool; don't work for Fredex. It will be the worst move of your life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

pat mcc in Ripon, California

79 months ago

There will always be complainers in life, these people are lifes losers. Sometimes its hard to separate fact from fiction so here is something FACTUAL to base how well FedEx is: Fortune 100 best companies to work for 97 FedEx What makes it so great?
Firm continues a no-layoff philosophy, offers health insurance to retirees and part-timers, and promotes from within (90% of FedEx Express managers worked their way up).
That is straight from Fortunes website here is the link money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/bestcompanies/2008/snapshots/97.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

deansuraci in Cornwall On Hudson, New York

79 months ago

pat mcc in Ripon, California said: There will always be complainers in life, these people are lifes losers. Sometimes its hard to separate fact from fiction so here is something FACTUAL to base how well FedEx is: Fortune 100 best companies to work for 97 FedEx What makes it so great?
Firm continues a no-layoff philosophy, offers health insurance to retirees and part-timers, and promotes from within (90% of FedEx Express managers worked their way up).
That is straight from Fortunes website here is the link money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/bestcompanies/2008/snapshots/97.html

It is true that there will always be complainers in life, it isn't fair however to say that all are losers. Alot of messages on Indeed do consists of complaints. It is an outlet ( a release ) for a job seeker to express his frustration of not getting the big job after a 2 month long interview process or a release to talk about HR at some company who didn't treat them well at some stage of the interview process. People who are happy at their work aren't really going to be writing
here.

You are right FedEx is a great great company - exceptional. However!!! it's just a matter of time that they will have layoffs. Every company does it now. No one ever imagined that IBM could or would ever have layoffs, they were known also as the company that didn't have layoffs. Layoffs are now part of the business cycle. Having one job for life (womb to tomb as they say) is no more. It's about increasing share price and profit at employees expense.

FedEx does presently have excellent excellent benefits. I believe they have a 401k and a pension. One day they will do away with that pension like most companies are doing today because it is too costly to continue. Likewise, health insurance for retirees will cease too somewhere down the road because again it will become too costly. (or they will ask retirees to pay or pay more for them)

Great company.............. for now

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

By the way I applied for an Account Executive position at FedEx and didn't get it. Does that make me a loser? I passed the phone interview with flying colors but couldn't pass the math test (or whatever it was) on the computer.

Here's my complaint!!! Are you listening FedEx? Why do give a math type of test (the questions if I recall were like trying to solve a puzzle, hard to explain it) but why give that type of test for a Sales job? Great Sales people sell, they aren't going to pass that kind of test. You lose out on the true salespeople (the showmen) who are great at building relationships. The people who will do well on that type of testing are kids who just took the SAT's or recent grads who have been taking such exams recently. The problem is that they don't have the give of gab to sell, no experience at selling.

Oh by the way, my name is Dean Suraci and I'm a complainer, you know a loser!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

You are absolutely correct when you say it is a great company. I agree it is right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gayle in Akron, Ohio

79 months ago

Bravo Dean! I wanted to reply to him about the complainers or losers but didn't want to waste my time. Glad you spoke up as you said they missed out on a true sales rep, well again, those SAT grads and college (new) grads are still kids & wet behind the ears this leads us back to Fedx not hiring the oldsters they want the young and know how to get out and about of hiring older people with great skills and experience. One day they will get busted, and one day like you said It all will catch up with them... and I have to say I do hope the two that interviewed me will have to look for a job later in years and see what it feels like LOL... I have moved on I work for myself now my own business and loving it... This loser is signing off g'night chet! (only the oldster will know that one) LMAO..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

RobertXXX in High Desert, California

78 months ago

FedexSuxx in BornInBrooklyn, New York said: Don't be a fool; don't work for Fredex. It will be the worst move of your life.

I've put in 25 years, sounds to me you couldn't handle the two months of employment at Fedex.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Carlos in Lake Elsinore, California

33 months ago

pat mcc in Ripon, California said: There will always be complainers in life, these people are lifes losers. Sometimes its hard to separate fact from fiction so here is something FACTUAL to base how well FedEx is: Fortune 100 best companies to work for 97 FedEx What makes it so great?

the do not offer heatlth benefits to part timers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

James in Bulverde, Texas

29 months ago

Carlos in Lake Elsinore, California said: the do not offer heatlth benefits to part timers

<a href="www.freightaccount.com">Fed Ex Shipping Services</a> are great even without offering health insurance to part time employees. It keeps the cost down for the shippers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

James in Bulverde, Texas

29 months ago

James in Bulverde, Texas said: <a href="www.freightaccount.com">Fed Ex Shipping Services</a> are great even without offering health insurance to part time employees. It keeps the cost down for the shippers.

Rewritten

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ilsnowboard in Chicago, Illinois

27 months ago

Carlos in Lake Elsinore, California said: the do not offer heatlth benefits to part timers

Not true carlos...not true at all!

How do I know? I work part time and benefits are available at a certain point.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Keith in Sheffield Lake, Ohio

21 months ago

What all is on this 5 hour test and is there any way to prepare for it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mass. Wine Guy in Ipswich, Massachusetts

3 months ago

Yes, what test? I've just been hired a a permanent PT courier. Oh, and they know that I'm 60.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.