Part time Fedex Courier

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Job Seeker in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

14 months ago

How long does it usually take to become a full time driver?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mrkeith in NEWARK, New Jersey

14 months ago

I got a couple of friends that are couriers for Fed Ex. Its all about seniority, you have to work them crazy swing shifts. They told me that they have to be there at 8am or 9am and get off like 1pm and sit in the break room til 3-4pm and then start the next shift til about 9-10pm. They don't really have FT schedules, they have PT schedules but work FT hrs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Job Seeker in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

14 months ago

mrkeith in NEWARK, New Jersey said: I got a couple of friends that are couriers for Fed Ex. Its all about seniority, you have to work them crazy swing shifts. They told me that they have to be there at 8am or 9am and get off like 1pm and sit in the break room til 3-4pm and then start the next shift til about 9-10pm. They don't really have FT schedules, they have PT schedules but work FT hrs.

Oh 4real?..Now that would be perfect...thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Wesley Chaplin in Fort Wayne, Indiana

14 months ago

Job Seeker in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: How long does it usually take to become a full time driver ?

I used to be employed by Fedex and started out as a part-time handler. It took me about a year to become a part-time courier and then year after that I went to a full-time courier. I worked nights as a handler and then went to mid-shift as a courier in which the starting hours varried. Some days I started at 1330 and others I started after 1500. It depended on the workload of the route and also if they wanted me to do some deliveries. Also I had no idea when the end of my shift was, because it all depended on how soon I could finish my route as well as if they needed help back at the station. In the end I became what I called a courier/handler. I did my route, then came back to the station and loaded/offloaded heavy weights, plus helped with the sort and parked trucks. It was good because I got more hours(40 plus, instead of up to 35).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.