What's the company culture at Fifth Third Bank?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Fifth Third Bank?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Fifth Third Bank?

Reply - Report abuse

BigAnonymous in Casselberry, Florida

82 months ago

Its very much so professional, but with its own twist. We have our own holiday, Fifth Third Day, celebrated on 5/3 in which celebrations are had in the support offices and branches.

Its all not fun and games though, a lot is expected of everyone but the rewards equal the expectations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

EJ in Mason, Ohio

82 months ago

What a croc.. Fifth Third Day is not a big deal really. Only the employees about to retire get excited about it. The culture has deteriorated at the top ranks and has spoiled the rest of the environment. High turnover, low rewards, low pay, no bonus, lots of work with no direction or support... Hmmm sounds like a great place to work !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

SM

81 months ago

I worked for less than 60 days at a senior lending position on the gulf coast in Florida. Being self motivated I took to the position and began to cold call and network with a passion and vengence to obtain new business. I found that in Florida the bank has minimal brand name recognition. Lots of turnover and 9 people have left since I did. This regional office tended to operate on a closed door basis with virtually no interaction amoung decision makers. One outside person was hired to be a senior level credit officer (SVP level) who was touted by the bank president to be the end-all cure to their problems. He decided at the last moment not to accept the position and decided to stay where he was and not to leave his present position. From my experience this organization has grown via mergers with other banks and the individuals with the acquired bank feel disenfranchised and in a second level position. No one seems to be in control of this organization.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

B in Grand Rapids, Michigan

81 months ago

Let me tell you from personal experience, a typical day in the life of a 5/3 employee stinks. They do not care about their employees. All they care about is ways to cut your pay/hours and save even more money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

spider in Cleveland, Ohio

78 months ago

The culture at Fifth Third Bank is corrupt and sour. It is a culture of disrespect, no trust, backstabbers, gossip, washouts, burnouts, alcoholics and white shirt wearing idiots.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Shelly in Mason, Ohio

76 months ago

EJ in Mason, Ohio said: What a croc.. Fifth Third Day is not a big deal really. Only the employees about to retire get excited about it. The culture has deteriorated at the top ranks and has spoiled the rest of the environment. High turnover, low rewards, low pay, no bonus, lots of work with no direction or support... Hmmm sounds like a great place to work !!

Fifth Third Day stinks... You get free hotdogs, hamburgers and a soda.. (Whoopeee..)
Instead of awarding stock or bonuses, you get cheap food and stupid music in a parking lot...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

H.R. in Mason, Ohio

76 months ago

Dont work for Fifth Third - you will be sorry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Who_Cares in Chicago, Illinois

76 months ago

I read all of this negative stuff on here about the company, but seriously compared to the other "corporate" banks atleast here this place is not as bad as you all make it out to be, I cannot speak for you region, things are fine.

There are intangibles though, different managers mean differnt styles.

I can name many other large banks in this market that are much worse then 5/3.

Just remember with any job, you get what you put in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

gigiwestover in Michigan

74 months ago

I've never worked with a company that had ruder people. Really and I have worked for several corporate banks. I would say - just make sure you like your manager and their manager and that you are willing to kiss some rears.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Current53Employee in chicago, Illinois

74 months ago

I've read the comments to date and they appear to be fairly negative but geographically clumped. It's true that there is high turnover and morale problems in Florida (good luck in finding a Florida bank that doesn't have the same problem!) and there is a holier-than-thou attitude in and around the company's headquarters base in Ohio, but here in Chicago I feel pretty good about the company and my job. Yes, there are troubles in some areas and there are office politics but I think you will find that anywhere.

I've been with the bank for nearly four years, am not boss or manager, and am happy there. I think it is a good place for someone with ambition and drive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

News Man in Cleveland, Ohio

73 months ago

Spineless zombies with ties, white shirts and 5/3rd pins.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

53employee in Cincinnati, Ohio

62 months ago

Shelly in Mason, Ohio said: Fifth Third Day stinks... You get free hotdogs, hamburgers and a soda.. (Whoopeee..)
Instead of awarding stock or bonuses, you get cheap food and stupid music in a parking lot...

They just put $22million into the profit sharing account.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

53employee in Cincinnati, Ohio

62 months ago

gigiwestover in Michigan said: I've never worked with a company that had ruder people. Really and I have worked for several corporate banks. I would say - just make sure you like your manager and their manager and that you are willing to kiss some rears.

So did you do a great job and get great reviews, or were you a social pariah? Perhaps you were let go because you couldn't get along with your co-workers? You just sound bitter, but keep in mind you're in Michigan. Your state has the highest unemployment rate in the country right now. The auto industry is in terrible shape and your housing market is a nightmare. How do you expect the bank not to shrink?

I'm sorry to see anyone lose their job. I've been through it. But these people who are labeling the entire company are off base.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.