LOGCAP IV INFO

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 10879)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

socalna in west coast, California

58 months ago

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas said: Here you go Socalna, apply to be the mod and the Fluor folks have a place to chat :)

Thanks sniper

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas said: Here you go Socalna, apply to be the mod and the Fluor folks have a place to chat :)

for me to be moderator all i need to do is put my email in there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ma Bell in Spring, Texas

58 months ago

Ksniper777, can I send you my resume by email for you to review for comments?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas

58 months ago

socalna in west coast, California said: for me to be moderator all i need to do is put my email in there?

hit the button that say moderate this forum and answer all of the questions and if they accept you then they will let you know. You have to a good reason to become a mod and not just to get back at Ksniper LOL. Apply and if they accept you then you are in if not then well let just hope for the best. Remember the read the forums as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas said: hit the button that say moderate this forum and answer all of the questions and if they accept you then they will let you know. You have to a good reason to become a mod and not just to get back at Ksniper LOL. Apply and if they accept you then you are in if not then well let just hope for the best. Remember the read the forums as well.

after looking at the deal just put in your email address and hit send and wait. sorry about that info up front but if they contact they will ask you some questions in the email they send you if you are choosen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Ma Bell in Spring, Texas said: Ksniper777, can I send you my resume by email for you to review for comments?

Sure, go ahead and send it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas said: after looking at the deal just put in your email address and hit send and wait. sorry about that info up front but if they contact they will ask you some questions in the email they send you if you are choosen.

No problem..Fluor processing is completly different than kbr was. So i hope that we can all give potential candidates a little help with That.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sandra defoy in Michigan

58 months ago

Hi all, husband was offered a job with ITT, has anybody got any information on this company
and the health ins? any help would be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

greentoter in Galax, Virginia

58 months ago

socalna in west coast, California said: No problem..Fluor processing is completly different than kbr was. So i hope that we can all give potential candidates a little help with That.

planning on going on the recriuiter live web chat does this help in getting your resume looked at

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

greentoter in Galax, Virginia said: planning on going on the recriuiter live web chat does this help in getting your resume looked at

on the fluor web site,any tips??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ma Bell in Spring, Texas

58 months ago

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas said: Sure, go ahead and send it.

Ksniper, can you email me at marthabell1974@yahoo.com. My document doesn't seem as though it is going through to you. Thank
you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Jason Looney in Groveland, Florida said: They have vacations every 90 days and give you a $4250 travel bonus every 90 days for the R&R's. Also a $2500 sign on bonus and $3000 end of year bonus. 80% uplift makes my first 40 hours pay about $31 an hour. Insurance is ALOT cheaper than Kbr. I dont have the paperwork on me, but it is way cheaper then kbr and its still aetnaglobal.

Congratulations, Sounds about what fluor offers..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Ma Bell in Spring, Texas said: Ksniper, can you email me at marthabell1974@yahoo.com. My document doesn't seem as though it is going through to you. Thank
you.

sent you another email

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ma Bell in Spring, Texas

58 months ago

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas said: Sure, go ahead and send it.

Your emails are not coming through to my yahoo address.
marthabell1974@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lyte504 in houston, Texas

58 months ago

greentoter in Galax, Virginia said: planning on going on the recriuiter live web chat does this help in getting your resume looked at

no not really they'll tell you they're going to forward it but i doubt it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

TLCanman in Elkins, Arkansas

58 months ago

hey does anyone know, since fluor does all the processing before you go to south carolina.
does that mean if you get to south carolina you are pretty much in? or are there more checks and procedures( aside from the trades testing, I already know about that) thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

can anyone explain the uplifts??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado

58 months ago

TLCanman in Elkins, Arkansas said: hey does anyone know, since fluor does all the processing before you go to south carolina.
does that mean if you get to south carolina you are pretty much in? or are there more checks and procedures( aside from the trades testing, I already know about that) thanks

All I've heard is that we do a bunch of training on Fluor's IT systems, laptops, payroll etc. There is also some in theater training involved i.e. anti-terror awareness, IED avoidance, how to interface with the military, the General Orders etc. Oh yeah. They also administer a whiz quiz upon arrival.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado said: All I've heard is that we do a bunch of training on Fluor's IT systems, laptops, payroll etc. There is also some in theater training involved i.e. anti-terror awareness, IED avoidance, how to interface with the military, the General Orders etc. Oh yeah. They also administer a whiz quiz upon arrival.

hey mac when do you leave?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

saturday 2/13.

58 months ago

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado said: saturday 2/13.

how long did it take before they called you?

58 months ago

as far as after doing all the homework or after application?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado said: as far as after doing all the homework or after application?

From when you first got your offer letter to being told you would fly to GV?

58 months ago

I received my offer letter on Dec 22 and was called by the recruiter on Feb 3 and told I had finished clearing all the hurdles and would be flying to Greenville on Feb 13. I received a call today from TRS (Fluors' temp staffing branch) setting up my w-2 info etc. Apparently we work for TRS until we fly to AFG. The lady could not give me an idea on how long I would be in Greenville. The recruiter said that it would be 10 days for me as I already have my secret clearance done. I guess that the sf-85p BI has been holding people up in Greenville. What are you going over for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado said: I received my offer letter on Dec 22 and was called by the recruiter on Feb 3 and told I had finished clearing all the hurdles and would be flying to Greenville on Feb 13. I received a call today from TRS (Fluors' temp staffing branch) setting up my w-2 info etc. Apparently we work for TRS until we fly to AFG. The lady could not give me an idea on how long I would be in Greenville. The recruiter said that it would be 10 days for me as I already have my secret clearance done. I guess that the sf-85p BI has been holding people up in Greenville. What are you going over for?

But whats nice is you get to draw a paycheck while your there..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

That's rough. I was in the military for a long time so I knew to triple check everything I put down. The bureaucracy is nothing if not anal. The sf-86 I did printed out at 56 pages. Took me 2 days. I'm going over as an HSE Coordinator so maybe we'll meet over there.

58 months ago

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado said: That's rough. I was in the military for a long time so I knew to triple check everything I put down. The bureaucracy is nothing if not anal. The sf-86 I did printed out at 56 pages. Took me 2 days. I'm going over as an HSE Coordinator so maybe we'll meet over there.

My friends EOC was in dec. he worked for KBR. He got hired in dec. and because he had a cac already they told him he will fly I believe the 2/15. I was also told they are starting to expedite people because its taking to long to get them in theatre. Hope thats true?

58 months ago

That would be nice, I'm ready to get to work. Do you know if Fluor is flying people in through Dubai or using the military route through Kyrgystan?

58 months ago

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado said: That would be nice, I'm ready to get to work. Do you know if Fluor is flying people in through Dubai or using the military route through Kyrgystan?

Not for sure.

58 months ago

Got my employment package today. I've filled out more paperwork for this job than I did when I joined the military, lol. Hopefully this is the end of it. Got some calls from buddies still on active duty who are in theater and I hope we can tie in on the ground.

58 months ago

Congratulations,
Most people don't understand just how much computer and paper work is involved with fluor when offered a job..

58 months ago

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado said: Got my employment package today. I've filled out more paperwork for this job than I did when I joined the military, lol. Hopefully this is the end of it. Got some calls from buddies still on active duty who are in theater and I hope we can tie in on the ground.

hey mac shoot me a email when you get a minute, i have a question lyte504@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Just received flight and travel info from Fluor. They are allowing 2 duffel style bags no more than 50# each. 1 carry on (Small backpack) 1 personal item (laptop). Sounds like business casual in Greenville and jeans and boots for the most part in AFG. I plan on keeping bare essentials in BP and LP as I've had luggage disappear overseas before. Couple of days of clothes, toiletries, munchies etc. in the BP just in case I get stuck in Dubai w/o big bags. Let the fun begin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Robert84 in Austin, Texas

58 months ago

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado said: Just received flight and travel info from Fluor. They are allowing 2 duffel style bags no more than 50# each. 1 carry on (Small backpack) 1 personal item (laptop). Sounds like business casual in Greenville and jeans and boots for the most part in AFG. I plan on keeping bare essentials in BP and LP as I've had luggage disappear overseas before. Couple of days of clothes, toiletries, munchies etc. in the BP just in case I get stuck in Dubai w/o big bags. Let the fun begin.

Hey, can you shoot me an email I have a couple questions for you? h.mcdowell@hotmail.com I am also heading to Greenville, SC this weekend.

58 months ago

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado said: Just received flight and travel info from Fluor. They are allowing 2 duffel style bags no more than 50# each. 1 carry on (Small backpack) 1 personal item (laptop). Sounds like business casual in Greenville and jeans and boots for the most part in AFG. I plan on keeping bare essentials in BP and LP as I've had luggage disappear overseas before. Couple of days of clothes, toiletries, munchies etc. in the BP just in case I get stuck in Dubai w/o big bags. Let the fun begin.

Hell Ya!! let the fun begin..

Ma Bell in Spring, Texas

58 months ago

Ma Bell in Spring, Texas said: Ksniper, can you email me at marthabell1974@yahoo.com. My document doesn't seem as though it is going through to you. Thank
you.

Ksniper, your email is getting to me. Would you mind trying again. Try henrylbell@sbcglobal.net. Thanks.

ladslow in Denver, Colorado

58 months ago

Congrats Madmac,

I noticed your timeline in your previous posts pertaining to the length it took to get your flight info. I got my offer on 1-29....so I guess I still have a bit of wait time. I was just informed today that I passed the medical and dental.....Also, I just emailed the SF-85P info to Fluor's security last friday. How long did it take Fluor to get back to you on that? I know after that they send it into OPM for approval....and that's where the long wait is I guess.

Thanks for any info.....and enjoy the adventure.

58 months ago

My position required a secret clearance so I had to do an sf-86. It's quite a bit more detailed than the sf-85p. I spent 2 days on it and then had the industrial security lady check it over before I sent it. She made a suggestion to add a comment in 1 spot and then told me to submit it which I did. She e-mailed me 24 hrs later saying I had been granted an interim secret and was good to go. They just do a quick agency and financial check and if those are good and there are none of the 5 or 6 automatic disqualifiers they give you the interim. The actual investigation can take up to a year. Hope that helps. The recruiter told me they were having a hard time with the sf-85p checks because there are so many of them . Hope that helps.

Chris Twopher in Fremont, California

58 months ago

Which is the form to obtain clearance, the SF85 or SF86? I was in the military for a while but never had a position that required clearance. Are these downloadable forms ? or does Fluor provide its own copies to you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado said: My position required a secret clearance so I had to do an sf-86. It's quite a bit more detailed than the sf-85p. I spent 2 days on it and then had the industrial security lady check it over before I sent it. She made a suggestion to add a comment in 1 spot and then told me to submit it which I did. She e-mailed me 24 hrs later saying I had been granted an interim secret and was good to go. They just do a quick agency and financial check and if those are good and there are none of the 5 or 6 automatic disqualifiers they give you the interim. The actual investigation can take up to a year. Hope that helps. The recruiter told me they were having a hard time with the sf-85p checks because there are so many of them . Hope that helps.

Just saw the answer to the first part of my question....lol,,,, thanks Mac..

58 months ago

For what it's worth, you can download both the sf-85p and sf-86 online in fillable pdf. or just print them out. Fill out the one you have to do long hand and make notes and when you do the secure esq one online it goes MUCH easier. DO NOT leave out anything uncomfortable/compromising or fudge the details. They WILL catch it either upfront or later and all of a sudden you go home. They're looking for honesty and integrity more than details. I've known a few folks who have worked at OPM and they are all very clear about this stuff. Peace.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado said: For what it's worth, you can download both the sf-85p and sf-86 online in fillable pdf. or just print them out. Fill out the one you have to do long hand and make notes and when you do the secure esq one online it goes MUCH easier. DO NOT leave out anything uncomfortable/compromising or fudge the details. They WILL catch it either upfront or later and all of a sudden you go home. They're looking for honesty and integrity more than details. I've known a few folks who have worked at OPM and they are all very clear about this stuff. Peace.

madmac154...just curious. What was your timeline from the time you applied at Fluor, to the time the recruiter called you? Offered job, sent paperwork ...and so on....??

58 months ago

Madmac...no need to reply...I ran across your post from the KBR forum re: "a direct requisition from in theater"...Thanks..

Can anyone else share their story?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

211Kai in Kamuela, Hawaii said: I'm in Irag now with KBR a newbie plumber. Any info on how to jump ship to Fluor while here?

Why you no like brah? I think Fluor Mo bettah too. Either way, be glad en to da max. K.. Many here don't have a job yet and still in line.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lcgipson in Austin, Texas

58 months ago

ladslow in Denver, Colorado said: Congrats Madmac,

I noticed your timeline in your previous posts pertaining to the length it took to get your flight info. I got my offer on 1-29....so I guess I still have a bit of wait time. I was just informed today that I passed the medical and dental.....Also, I just emailed the SF-85P info to Fluor's security last friday. How long did it take Fluor to get back to you on that? I know after that they send it into OPM for approval....and that's where the long wait is I guess.

Thanks for any info.....and enjoy the adventure.

Where did you do your Medical at? Did you test for G6PD deficiency?

58 months ago

Here's a couple of links where you can download the SF85 & SF86 forms;

www.opm.gov/forms/

www.gsa.gov/forms

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

yessir. spending as much time with my girls as I can.

TLCanman in Elkins, Arkansas

58 months ago

lcgipson in Austin, Texas said: Where did you do your Medical at? Did you test for G6PD deficiency?

I just did my medical today, I dont recall seeing that on any of the forms.
They did take 2 vials of blood, and also a small vial of urine from the larger drug test sample. Other than that they do hearing , eyesight, blood pressure, ekg if over 39. height weight, hernia check, and chest x-ray.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

I believe they are testing for G6PD deficiency as it is the most common genetic enzyme defect in humans and can lead to very dangerous problems (destruction of RBC's) when taking anti-malarial drugs. I do know there have been some serious problems with malaria out of AFG. I could be wrong, Paramedic school was a while ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado said: I believe they are testing for G6PD deficiency as it is the most common genetic enzyme defect in humans and can lead to very dangerous problems (destruction of RBC's) when taking anti-malarial drugs. I do know there have been some serious problems with malaria out of AFG. I could be wrong, Paramedic school was a while ago.

Do you know if Fluor is still allowing contractors to go over if they are deficient? Have you heard of anyone being unable to deploy because of it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.