How to get a job at Food Lion.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (18)

Host

Do you work at Food Lion? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

april stone in Raleigh, North Carolina

94 months ago

I will like to work there because ilike to work in a nice and freindly place I hear from people that it will be a gaol for my life to start to be happy of if you give me that chance i will saw you i the that i can be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

david foster in Crozier, Virginia

91 months ago

looking for a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

david foster in Crozier, Virginia

91 months ago

r u hireing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Laquanda T. Lewis in Nashville, Tennessee

91 months ago

I need a jod very bad.I will work anytime. T would like to work full time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Rocky C Bullard in Roseboro, North Carolina

90 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Food Lion? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

yes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Kendal in Charleston, South Carolina

90 months ago

i will like to work at food lion is because i al wayz can be on time never late or nothin work hard and love work as a team

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Debora Reid in Greensboro, North Carolina

88 months ago

Need app

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Deanna in Mount Holly, North Carolina

88 months ago

To get a job with Food Lion, you have to go online to their website (FoodLion.com) and apply. Our store doesn't even have paper applications anymore.

If you don't hear back, go to the store you are interested in and talk with the manager. Dress appropriately and be professional. Overall pay isn't great, so don't expect to start out much more than minimum wage unless you are applying for management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LuminalAzure in Atlanta, Georgia

82 months ago

I worked at Food Lion for close to a year after being let go by Sam's Club.
Well, the one I worked at, they refused to give anyone raises- regardless of how long you have been there and what position you were at.
My story of how it came to an end today (yes, today) was...
There were three of us on a till two-three days ago and it came up 50 dollars short (two of which were management). I was written up- nobody else.
Anyway, the next day, a 10 dollar check went missing (I honestly think it is stuck in the register because our registers do not have the prongs that hold the money down ) and they terminated me.
At that time, I had been working close to full time on weekends and nights (never really short and got great comments, no problems whatsoever)- and I was the only ones who would work them.
Well, we had an employee a few months ago who was continuously missing 100 dollars- and did she get fired? Nope. She gave a two week notice later on and is expected to come back soon.

I am not angry at the company- because now the managers are in the same hole that I am in.
They have nobody to work nights and weekends- I have no job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Richard L Clark in Princeton, North Carolina

80 months ago

Laquanda T. Lewis in Nashville, Tennessee said: I need a jod very bad.I will work anytime. T would like to work full time

I am a friendly, loyal, and clearly dedicated individual who has ambition to succeed in any given environment. although I have experience in warhouse, fork left driver, truck driver or butcher/meatcutter position, I love to learn, and am always up to a challenge whatever the situation. I enjoy engaging with customer and employer. Ineed a job please

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

lakeisha mccain in Raleigh, North Carolina

77 months ago

need job just move here

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

J. David Bowers ; Conway S.C. in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

76 months ago

lakeisha mccain in Raleigh, North Carolina said: need job just move here

I'm 63 y.o. need a part-time job... Email amarinenameddavid@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Barbara J. Holmes in Gastonia, North Carolina

76 months ago

I am retired from the Goverment for one year now I just cannot take this being at home any more I NEED ME job now.Gastonia N.C

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Takiera Cole in Georgetown, South Carolina

76 months ago

Can't seem to find a Job anywhere from Georgetown to Myrtle Beach.
I know that I am a very good worker, very dedicated to any job that I come across. I did get a interview and had to take a drug test which I aced, when I called back it was already given to another person. I did everything that I was suppose to do, and to the best of my ability. I just need a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jamal foy in fayetteville, North Carolina

76 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Food Lion? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Know I do not work at food lion at this time.2.My borther 3.I have not had an interveiw. Have a good attitude,be a team player and prove your self as a person and leader as well as being a part of a team to prove your self value.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jamal foy in fayetteville, North Carolina

76 months ago

I need a job so I can help my grandparents you raised me all my life , they are getting older and I need to start helping them out some.I am a very outgoing person, I am very polite, very reliabe and would take my job serious at all times. I am a very good worker and would work hard because I was raised on a farm where you earn your keep nothing in life is free.I would be a very dedicated employee.I know to treat each customer with respect and answer there questions to the best of my ability and if I could not I would seek further help from my manager.I would dress appropriately and be professional at all times. I enjoy engaging with the customers and enployees.I will prove that I am a loyal and dedeciated individual. Please I really need this job. Thank you Jamal D'andrea foy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Azeb Getachew in Fayetteville, North Carolina

35 months ago

Laquanda T. Lewis in Nashville, Tennessee said: I need a jod very bad.I will work anytime. T would like to work full time

yes i need a job so i can help me and my son.I kno to treat each customer with respect and answer there questions.Please i really need this job Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.