How to get a job at Ford Motor.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (29)

Host

Do you work at Ford Motor? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Livonia, Michigan

85 months ago

Over 30 years ago, you may have had a bad expereince at a Plant. It is nothing like that anymore.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Livonia, Michigan

81 months ago

Umm here's a question for Bill...if you're so flippin' happy with Ford, and continue to push an agenda on here...why in the world are you on a JOB BOARD?!? Nough' said!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Redford, Michigan

81 months ago

For pure entertainment. It's hilarious reading all of the comments from the uninformed and disgruntle people out there. When you are on the outside looking in, you get a different perspective from those of us on the inside. Let's face it, it is not a perfect world that we live in. Every company has its faults. Ford is just beginning to turn teh corner to make a comeback.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Nic in Canton, Michigan

80 months ago

Bill in Redford, Michigan said: For pure entertainment. It's hilarious reading all of the comments from the uninformed and disgruntle people out there. When you are on the outside looking in, you get a different perspective from those of us on the inside. Let's face it, it is not a perfect world that we live in. Every company has its faults. Ford is just beginning to turn teh corner to make a comeback.

Agreed, well said.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Skeptical2 in Grosse Ile, Michigan

69 months ago

Bill and Nic...are you still at Ford???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jack lui in Morristown, New Jersey

69 months ago

no, I already interviewed last month and they asked me garbage questions, they r fool. unathic, they think they r the one who are right.

moreover, they changed the plan, that not to hire anyone in oakville plan.

thanks for reply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

lhelper in Crest Hill, Illinois

49 months ago

does anyone know if they are hiring at the oakville plant in ontario? I would like to get more info regarding the interview and aptitude test. is it the mechanical ford test? or is it a piece of cake test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

barbarine in Elyria, Ohio

44 months ago

Hi - I would really like a change in scenery. I'm getting sick of my job. I grew up in Avon Lake and am kicking myself for not trying to get in 20 years ago. Anyone work at Ford in Northern Ohio - I don't care which one, that can help me out?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Bill from Farmington Hills in Farmington Hills, Michigan

39 months ago

Yes, I am still at Ford after 20 years. I graduated in 1978 with a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering from Purdue University. When I joined Ford in 1990, I went back to school and earned a Masters degree in Business Administration from Central Michaigan. About 75% of Ford engineers have their Masters or are working on them. Ford pays for you to further your education.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

When you complain, Use Spell Check! in Seattle, Washington

27 months ago

jack lui in Morristown, New Jersey said: no, I already interviewed last month and they asked me garbage questions, they r fool. unathic, they think they r the one who are right.

moreover, they changed the plan, that not to hire anyone in oakville plan.

thanks for reply.

.. Just a thought, Do you think you didn't get hired do to Illiteracy? Or maybe that you cannot properly form a sentence? Simply put, they need competent people. MAYBE you didn't get hired because you couldn't assure them that you were?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Randy in Pocatello, Idaho

26 months ago

Does anyone know the name of the hiring manager at Ford? If they have one at each location, I would be looking for the one in Dearborn.

Thank you,

Randy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Tamika1124 in crete, Illinois

19 months ago

All you can do is wait they will call you if they pick you I took my test in Jan 2012 and I started in April. Its a lot of people took the test but didnt get in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tfaraoni in Plymouth, Michigan

18 months ago

How was the test - do you have any suggestions on preparing for the test???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

cowart.saundra@yahoo.com in Ypsilanti, Michigan

18 months ago

The test wasnt to hard like basic math and reading they will send you a study book when they call u to take the test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tfaraoni@yahoo.com in Plymouth, Michigan

18 months ago

How do you get in anyway by someone working there or going to mich works??? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

i think right nowis to go to the nearest mich works to the plant that may be hiring

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tfaraoni

17 months ago

Ok Thanks - I will check with mich works.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

As a recently laid off LTS worker hoping to get a call to go to the Flat Rock,does anyone know when ford might start calling people for those 1200 jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

tfaraoni@yahoo.com in Dearborn Heights, Michigan

14 months ago

Mich works says to apply for ford online - can anyone tell me where to apply online at???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

tfaraoni in Detroit, Michigan

13 months ago

Do you know if Ford is still hiring and where can you get an application at or is it online to take the test???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Maurice in Manteno, Illinois

12 months ago

How to apply For Ford Assembly Plant In the Chicago land..which Web site Do I Go To

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dana N in Holland, Ohio

11 months ago

cowart.saundra@yahoo.com in Ypsilanti, Michigan said: As a recently laid off LTS worker hoping to get a call to go to the Flat Rock,does anyone know when ford might start calling people for those 1200 jobs.

I am also an LTS laid off in February, word I get over and over is June/July. Management at Flat Rock should be calling employees based on weeks worked as an LTS. More weeks= a call sooner

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Ypsilanti, Michigan

10 months ago

I'm taking the test this Friday..Can you tell me what type of questions are on the test and what is the interview like? I'm going for production worker. Any help would be greatly appreciated I'm really nervous. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

tommyboy in Ypsilanti, Michigan

10 months ago

cowart.saundra@yahoo.com in Ypsilanti, Michigan said: The test wasnt to hard like basic math and reading they will send you a study book when they call u to take the test

I passed the test ...they called me for a physical and drug screen at the plant. Whats after that? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

joestratton24@yahoo.com in Ypsilanti, Michigan

10 months ago

Passed the test..They called me for physical and drug screen..Whats next?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joestratton24@yahoo.com in Ypsilanti, Michigan

9 months ago

cowart.saundra@yahoo.com in Ypsilanti, Michigan said: As a recently laid off LTS worker hoping to get a call to go to the Flat Rock,does anyone know when ford might start calling people for those 1200 jobs.

Whats after the test ,physical and drugscreen?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Crickett

9 months ago

When you complain, Use Spell Check! in Seattle, Washington said: .. Just a thought, Do you think you didn't get hired do to Illiteracy? Or maybe that you cannot properly form a sentence? Simply put, they need competent people. MAYBE you didn't get hired because you couldn't assure them that you were?

Well speaking of illiteracy, you should've said, "...didn't get hired due to illeteracy" Watch those homonyms! LMAO!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

PennyLW in Crawfordville, Florida

6 months ago

cowart.saundra@yahoo.com in Ypsilanti, Michigan said: The test wasnt to hard like basic math and reading they will send you a study book when they call u to take the test

When we called for the study book, they said they don't send them out anymore? any suggestions on where to get ahold of an old one? or what to study?

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.