What's the company culture at Fuhu, Inc.?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Fuhu, Inc.?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Fuhu, Inc.?

Reply - Report abuse

Former Employee in Long Beach, California

42 months ago

I would liken the office environment and culture and Fuhu, Inc. to that of a sweatshop minus the sting whistle.

At the time I was asked to come on board, the person who was giving me a run down of the company pointed out that having mostly Asian employees proved to be a successful route for them. She said they liked the Asian "work ethic" no doubt because most Asians are taught not to question authority even at the worst of times. I was told by another manager that they do not like to hire anyone with an ego. Later I learned this meant they don't hire anyone who stands up for themselves when they feel they are being mistreated.

A typical work day in the life of an employee at Fuhu, Inc. is casual depending on which department you work for. If you're planning on being in marketing, expect to be wearing business casual clothes and getting out by 5pm. All other departments should wear comfortable clothes as they must stay as late as 8pm or occasionally, midnight.

Aside from the usual lunch the boss pays for, workers rarely get together outside of work...mainly because they spend so much time AT WORK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Los Angeles, California

42 months ago

do not work for this place

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

javaPython in Los Angeles, California

3 hours ago

The culture at Fuhu can be summed down to one word: unbearable. Even with years of experience, the level of backstabbing, trash talking, and downright unprofessionalism I've experienced at Fuhu was unprecedentedly eye opening.
Ask for a day off, you're on the blacklist.
Don't bow to management, you're on the blacklist.
Look stressed out, you are on the blacklist.
Look too happy, you are on the blacklist.
Talk to too many people in the break room, you are on the blacklist. Don't talk to anyone at all, you are on the blacklist.
Don't speak up for yourself, you are constantly blamed for everything the managers did wrong and you are fired.
Speak up for yourself when you are falsely accused, you are fired for having a bad attitude.

In summary, you can never do anything right at Fuhu.
They actually make a point of hiring young people and foreigners without families or previous work experience so they can be worked to death every day while not knowing this is definitely NOT the norm in the real world.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.