General Dynamics News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does General Dynamics stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

GD Employee in Mesa, Arizona

86 months ago

I guess it's good to see that GD hasn't been bashed the way Boeing has been in this forum. I was thinking about applying at Boeing because it's closer to home, but after reading all the negative opinions about the company I think I'll stay right were I'm at!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Former employee in Cooper, Texas

85 months ago

GD Employee in Mesa, Arizona said: I guess it's good to see that GD hasn't been bashed the way Boeing has been in this forum. I was thinking about applying at Boeing because it's closer to home, but after reading all the negative opinions about the company I think I'll stay right were I'm at!

I used to work for General Dynamics in Fort Worth, TX in the late eighties and early nineties. We had the big layoff there and I have gone to college. I worked for an airline and another aerospace defense contractor. With the exception of General Dynamics and the student research job at the university, I have yet to find a decent organization to work for. We used to call General Dynamics "Generous Dynamics". There is an enormous amount of unethical behavior in some aerospace companies that can actually compromise crew safety. I followed all military and company procedures and my work was high quality. The Air Force complimented me quite a bit. Unfortunately, the employees became very agitated and threatened to kill me. Everyday was a struggle. I could not do anything about it, so I had to leave. I will certainly face starvation before I will do something unethical. I hope there are still ethical companies out there. At least I can look back on two decent organizations and enjoy those memories. It's all I'm going to have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Washington, District of Columbia

85 months ago

Its good to see that no one is smashing GD. I work for them in Alexandria, VA and I have to say that they are a GREAT company to work for. I have been employed with them for a little over a year and have no complaints. They tend to hier very seasoned engineers, but if you can get in, it’s a good company to work for!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.