How to get a job at Gentiva Health Services.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (37)

Host

Do you work at Gentiva Health Services? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

.patricia w mack in Kennesaw, Georgia

90 months ago

I am a lpn in home health with 20 yrs experience ,however I am looking for a position as a chaplain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

SirLancelot in Kennesaw, Georgia

89 months ago

this job seems to be posted every few months or so - my source says that Gent cant keep anyone in HR...is the company that bad?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Harris in Warner Robins, Georgia

88 months ago

I have been trying to get the job with Gentiva for the longest but don't seem like they are trying to hire any LPN's for the position at all because its still open. All I know they keep posting the same job and doing no hiring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Merrill in University Center, Michigan

88 months ago

I have applyed online plus came into the company still havn't heared anything job keeps being posted you are sending out the wrong message to those who are need in of employment.

Signed I need A JOB !!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Keith in Peterson, Alabama

87 months ago

I have tried to become an employee for many months now by responding to email ads and job postings. I have filled out an application and even had a travel recruiter contact headquarters and still, I have gotten zero reply. The emails and job postings keep coming and no answer from Gentiva. I think an HR person is making some side- money for posting nonexistent employment. I fortunately, in reality don't need a job as I have more work than I can handle right now but a little communiqué would be the professional factor one would expect. Something does not smell right in the Gentiva Human Resources kitchen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dan meyers in Idaville, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

Gensis owns Gentiva and now the old Beverly dumps. I have been banned by Genesis for tunring in managers who injured resdinets..They also maintain Do not hire and BalckBall lists.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Angela M Ward in Houston, Texas

87 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Gentiva Health Services? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I have made numerous attempts to become an assett to Gentivia, but I have never received a phone call for an interview. Is my resume to detailed. However, Home Health Care is my area of speciality.

If you would like to contact me, please email me @ AW_angieward@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ChapDaveG in Fairforest, South Carolina

87 months ago

.patricia w mack in Kennesaw, Georgia said: I am a lpn in home health with 20 yrs experience ,however I am looking for a position as a chaplain.

In order to get a job as a chaplain, you must have the typical credentials and experience. Must have an M-Div, one year residency in Clinical pastoral education would be a plus. Some states require at least a unit which is a four month term in an accredited CPE Site. Experience as a chaplain is a big plus, specifically in a Hospice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LPN IN ARKANSAS

86 months ago

I AM A LPN WITH 20 YRS EX. IN ICU,MED/SURG, PSYCH,AND LONG TERM CARE. I HAVE PUT IN APL. AFTER APL. WITH GENTIVIA I HAVE NEVER RECEAVED AS MUCH AS ONE PHONE CALL FORM THEM. I BEGIN TO THINK THAT WHEN THAY SEE AN APL. WITH A LOT OF SKILLS ON IT THAY TRASH IT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mildred

86 months ago

3 weeks ago I was called and offered a position, and that I would receive my acceptence letter in the mail the following weeek. The letter has not come, and my calls were not returned. Thank God I did'nt turn in my notice at my previous job. Gentivia not a good company to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Janice

86 months ago

LPN IN ARKANSAS said: I AM A LPN WITH 20 YRS EX. IN ICU,MED/SURG, PSYCH,AND LONG TERM CARE. I HAVE PUT IN APL. AFTER APL. WITH GENTIVIA I HAVE NEVER RECEAVED AS MUCH AS ONE PHONE CALL FORM THEM. I BEGIN TO THINK THAT WHEN THAY SEE AN APL. WITH A LOT OF SKILLS ON IT THAY TRASH IT.

Is your above comment typical of your spelling expertise? If so, this could impact your potential for hire. Paperwork is crucial to home healthcare. Your spelling could be the issue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Greensboro, North Carolina

86 months ago

SirLancelot in Kennesaw, Georgia said: this job seems to be posted every few months or so - my source says that Gent cant keep anyone in HR...is the company that bad?

It does seem that way. Believe me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mari in Escalon, California

86 months ago

Janice said: Is your above comment typical of your spelling expertise? If so, this could impact your potential for hire. Paperwork is crucial to home healthcare. Your spelling could be the issue.

Janice,
I am a very experienced home care nurse who has applied to Gentiva for a home care position. Gentiva is always advertising, but when you contact them they do not follow through. I have never had problems with spelling and my paperwork has always been deemed excellent by the agencies I have worked for. It doesn't seem to matter because Gentiva does not seem to be serious about filling their advertised job postings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lyric in Danville, Kentucky

85 months ago

Keith in Peterson, Alabama said: I have tried to become an employee for many months now by responding to email ads and job postings. I have filled out an application and even had a travel recruiter contact headquarters and still, I have gotten zero reply. The emails and job postings keep coming and no answer from Gentiva. I think an HR person is making some side- money for posting nonexistent employment. I fortunately, in reality don't need a job as I have more work than I can handle right now but a little communiqué would be the professional factor one would expect. Something does not smell right in the Gentiva Human Resources kitchen.

I was thinking the same thing after applying to a payroll co-ordinator job that kept being reposted so...I hopped in my car and drove to the "office". I walked in the door and a little lady ask if she could help me. After explaining to her about the position being reposted many times, I then informed her that I was only there to see if Gentiva really existed. She then informed me that all online submissions were handled via a recruiting center. And there you have it. Some recruiting company was probably just collecting info and not actually applying them to the Gentiva openings because quite frankly, I was more than qualified for the position I applied.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonny in Mattoon, Illinois

85 months ago

Keith in Peterson, Alabama said: I have tried to become an employee for many months now by responding to email ads and job postings. I have filled out an application and even had a travel recruiter contact headquarters and still, I have gotten zero reply. The emails and job postings keep coming and no answer from Gentiva. I think an HR person is making some side- money for posting nonexistent employment. I fortunately, in reality don't need a job as I have more work than I can handle right now but a little communiqué would be the professional factor one would expect. Something does not smell right in the Gentiva Human Resources kitchen.

AMEN to that...I've been trying for months now. Hello....is anyone out there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

helpful in Birmingham, Alabama

85 months ago

There seems to have been many turnovers in the HR department. They do not seem to have it together, not just in HR, either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kris in wisconsin in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

85 months ago

I'm having a hard time trying to apply for entry-level billing and administrative positions and am open to relocation just to get my "foot in the door!" It seems no matter what I do, I don't meet their qualifications, which are pretty elementary for these type of positions. I am finishing up one more practicum for my associate degree in health information technology and want to get into the billing and coding arena, specifically in home care. I have tried every main home care company NATIONWIDE and haven't received one response. I even have 7 years of direct patient care experience including experience as a home health aide. Am I too overqualified, being that most of them only require a few years of experience and high school or what? I live in the Milwaukee area right now, which doesn't have a lot of options, except for one major company with very few administrative openings. Any suggestions? I have been very interested in Gentiva as a whole and because they're nationwide, thought they should have a decent reputation and room for advancement long-term.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Qualified Professional in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

84 months ago

Five phone interviews with promises that a face to face meeting needs to be set up. One month later...still waiting for that follow through. Not very well organized.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ron G Munsey JR in La Center, Washington

84 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Gentiva Health Services? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

- No I do not work for Gentiva.
- On the web site Indeed.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rn1 in New Haven, Connecticut

84 months ago

I have worked for Gentiva yuccky nurses with deep pocket managers..poor quality company for benefits

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

rn1 in New Haven, Connecticut

84 months ago

stick to local agencies..these big corporate types are like large vicious alley cats...they are rude managers and sub prime nursing care delivered

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

janet lvn in Modesto, California

81 months ago

I currently work for Gentiva as a Liaison between them and our local hospitals. They are by far the best company I have ever worked for and I have had my license since 1984. They do outsource their online responses but they do all hiring at our local level. Keep trying and do not give up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dan

76 months ago

Yes, I think it would be better if you go in person to the office you would like to work in and set up the interview that way. I believe you will get quicker results this way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dan

76 months ago

rn1 in New Haven, Connecticut said: stick to local agencies..these big corporate types are like large vicious alley cats...they are rude managers and sub prime nursing care delivered

You must have had a bad experience with one of these " Vicious " types. I don't think a blanket statement about all large companies being evil has much validity. In general, Gentiva is a good company to work for on the local level. I work with responsive managers and have enjoyed my job with the company for the past 8 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dan

76 months ago

Harris in Warner Robins, Georgia said: I have been trying to get the job with Gentiva for the longest but don't seem like they are trying to hire any LPN's for the position at all because its still open. All I know they keep posting the same job and doing no hiring.

Go by the office in person with your resume and set up an interview. Do not go through a recruiter. You will get better results this way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dan

76 months ago

Merrill in University Center, Michigan said: After talking with many friends I am starting to see that you are hiring for Home Health Aides and you are not calling anyone some people are saying that it is a racial thing I hope a company with a well known name such as yourself wouldn't be doing anything like that to hurt your company in anyway.Or make a bad name for youeself

The job may have already been filled. I have worked for the company for 8 years, and I have never seen any racial prejudice in hiring. Medicare cutbacks have affected the use of HHA services in recent years, and I have noticed a cutback over the past 8 years in the number of HHA's we employ in my area.

Dan

76 months ago

SirLancelot in Kennesaw, Georgia said: this job seems to be posted every few months or so - my source says that Gent cant keep anyone in HR...is the company that bad?

Rather than listen to gossip about the HR department, I would take my resume to the office I want to work in and try to set up the interview myself. See if that gives you better results. There is a lot of gossip out there, and most of it is not worth the hot air it takes to blow it out. Good luck, and I hope you get the job you want.

Dan

76 months ago

Dear Keith, I hope you are either an LPTA or a RPT because the company needs both of these professions in the North Alabama area. For best results, skip the recruiter and go to the office yourself with your resume to set up the interview. Good luck with your job search! For further information, email me at cladanhes60@aol.com

SuZChick in Huntersville, North Carolina

65 months ago

dan meyers in Idaville, Pennsylvania said: Gensis owns Gentiva and now the old Beverly dumps. I have been banned by Genesis for tunring in managers who injured resdinets..They also maintain Do not hire and BalckBall lists.

Genesis? Gentiva is owned by its shareholders...not another company. EVERY company maintains a "no rehire" list. It's up to you as to whether you end up on it or not. Maybe learning how to spell and getting your facts straight would help you out.

SuZChick in Huntersville, North Carolina

65 months ago

LPN IN ARKANSAS said: I AM A LPN WITH 20 YRS EX. IN ICU,MED/SURG, PSYCH,AND LONG TERM CARE. I HAVE PUT IN APL. AFTER APL. WITH GENTIVIA I HAVE NEVER RECEAVED AS MUCH AS ONE PHONE CALL FORM THEM. I BEGIN TO THINK THAT WHEN THAY SEE AN APL. WITH A LOT OF SKILLS ON IT THAY TRASH IT.

Maybe spelling the name of the company correctly would help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rosequeen in Pasadena, California

48 months ago

I have worked in staffing for a home health agency with a great reputation. Staffing needs are fluid in home care on a day to day basis. It is standard practice in home health agencies to constantly recruit regardless of current needs or a true position as you must keep your pipeline of potential hires always full in the event that you suddenly need new nurses. Home health nurses also come and go regularly, and their availability and dependability varies. The constant job postings do not represent 'corporate evil' it is just what agencies must do to keep a flow of applicants coming in. It was also the exception, rather then the rule, that we would hire....it deptends on many many factors: census stability, acuity, and the availability and stability of the current staff. Sometimes we looked for a nurse who not only had the nursing skill set, but had a personality that was a good match for a particular patient. But I agree with others that if you really want to be a serious contender you will do better to walk in with your resume and set an appointment for an interview.

bj in Charleston, South Carolina

37 months ago

If you are a warm body just walk in the door and your hired. Watch out

Pat in Cleveland, Ohio

35 months ago

Angela M Ward in Houston, Texas said: I have made numerous attempts to become an assett to Gentivia, but I have never received a phone call for an interview. Is my resume to detailed. However, Home Health Care is my area of speciality.

If you would like to contact me, please email me @ AW_angieward@yahoo.com

I was able to get an interview because I called the hiring office just after applying online. The director took my name and phone number and contacted the recruiter. I actually had high hopes for this job but now that I'v read all the terrible reviews I don't know. Looking for a job is a real pia.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

PowerToThePeople in Great Lakes

30 months ago

rn1 in New Haven, Connecticut said: stick to local agencies..these big corporate types are like large vicious alley cats...they are rude managers and sub prime nursing care delivered

For the most part, I agree with your statement. Especially the part about managers being rude. But your part about the nursing care that is delivered is sub prime is not wholly correct. It makes it seem that the nurses who deliver care are sub prime at first glance, but that is not the case. It is unfortunate that the nurses have so much blasted paperwork to do that they don't have time to deliver perfect care. Well, they could, but who will pay them? NOT Gentiva. I was, as a therapist, encouraged by my lousy branch manager to do a visit in 20 minutes. !! Can you imagine? I'm too ethical for this company. I have to get out of here.

Just some advice in New York, New York

1 month ago

Janice said: Is your above comment typical of your spelling expertise? If so, this could impact your potential for hire. Paperwork is crucial to home healthcare . Your spelling could be the issue.

Unfortunately, gentiva and most home care organizations will no longer accept LPN's for nursing positions . Even RN's are having difficulty getting new positions in nursing homes.BSN is preferred .
BSN's are now required at most hospitals and hospital RN's are required to get a BSN within three to Five years.
At my hospital LPN's were all discharged , any supervisor had to have a bsn or were demoted to staff nurse, at least not fired !!! Managers that don't have an msn must do so within five years and enroll within a year.
All nurse practitioners now must pursue a doctorate in nursing practice and complete it by 2018.
In my state you can bono get become a nurse practitioner without a doctorate.
The nursing world has gone mad. It's sad when experience no longer matters. I didn't want to go back FYI graduate school , but I need to keep a job so I gad to choice. Consider getting a bsn , lots of on line programs
To leap from LPN to BSN, rakes time, hard work , but worth it !

Fyi in New York, New York

1 month ago

dan meyers in Idaville, Pennsylvania said: Gensis owns Gentiva and now the old Beverly dumps. I have been banned by Genesis for tunring in managers who injured resdinets..They also maintain Do not hire and BalckBall lists.

Genesis does not own Gentiva . However kindred has initiated a hostile takeover !

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.