How to get a job at Georgia-Pacific.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (26)

Host

Do you work at Georgia-Pacific? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

AnonymousX in Cadiz, Ohio

87 months ago

I submitted my resume online and a GP recruiter called 4 hours later.

I telephone interviewed with him and, although I met all the educational and techinical requirements along with having plenty of industry-related knowledge and expereince, it seemed that my expereince was not "job-specific" and "recent" enough for their satisifaction.

They want the "perfect match" so they don't have to provide training and the recruiters can cover their @sses just in case you don't workout. - Typical. :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Papermaker in Hopkins, Michigan

86 months ago

I too submitted my resume a while back. The recruiter called. I exceeded all requirements and have worked with several at the mill advertised. The recruiter had absolutely ZERO technical knowledge, so I had really no questions he could answer. His concern was to educate me on the history of GP. Well, I've been around this industry for over 12 years and I know all about the history of GP.

From speaking with headhunters, GP has evolved/devolved into an even more coporate nature since the Koch aqusition.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

carl in Atlanta, Georgia

86 months ago

Tell me jacob,

What does it take to work @ GP
I am aware that GP is more than just paper. I've been in the design industry for at least 30 years. I use GP's products every day. Like most frustrated job seekers, we are looking for that perfect position that allows for personal and professional growth and satisfaction.

I have accomplished a great deal in 30 yrs, but there is more to do. Is GP age and color phobic?

Carl H. Bradford III
www.studiob3.net
studio_b@bellsouth.net
m 770.598.3825
0 770.928.1980 x 230
h 770.643.9577

Jacob Adams in Addison, Texas said: I am a recruiter for GP, you may contact me.

Jacob Adams
503-534-3590

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Glendora, Mississippi

84 months ago

Jacob Adams in Addison, Texas said: I am a recruiter for GP, you may contact me.

Jacob Adams
503-534-3590

Jacob,

I am from Mississippi and have an inquiry about a job, are you still avaiable for contact?

Thanks
Mike

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Donnie Rogers in Shepherd, Texas

83 months ago

Jacob Adams
503-534-3590

OK Jacob I live in Shepherd Texas. Just moved there from La Porte. It would be great to live where the job is close. How hard are you pushing the degree? What kind of fit are you looking for? I have 20+ years of experience in safety.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Savannah GA in Atlanta, Georgia

83 months ago

If you are interested in applying to Georgia-Pacific anywhere, go to GP.com/careers. If you have an interest in coming to Savannah or Brunswick, call 912-238-1050 for more information. Savannah and Brunswick are looking to fill the following positions:
Savannah - Maintenance Mechanics and Electricians, Production Employees, Heavy Equipment Operators
Brunswick - Production Employees, Production Manager, HR Generalist
Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kate Tee in Palatka, Florida

80 months ago

I applied for the FMLA,Safety position in Palatka. My profile states that I have not applied for any jobs, so I tried to apply for the position again. The automated program would not allow me to do that, stating I had already applied. I am confused, so I called Jacob and left him a voice message. I have not heard from him, and I am wondering if my resume was received and if the position is still open. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

t. loya in West Covina, California

72 months ago

Jacob Adams
503-534-3590

MR. ADAMS: WHO WOULD I CONTACT WITH REGARDS TO EMPLOYMENT AT EITHER YOUR LONG BEACH, CA. PLANT OR YOUR LA MIRADA PLANT. HAVE OVER 12 yrs experience at USG. looking to get back into field. any suggestions?

thanks, t. loya

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

t. loya in West Covina, California

72 months ago

t. loya in West Covina, California said: MR. ADAMS: WHO WOULD I CONTACT WITH REGARDS TO EMPLOYMENT AT EITHER YOUR LONG BEACH, CA. PLANT OR YOUR LA MIRADA PLANT. HAVE OVER 12 yrs experience at USG. looking to get back into field. any suggestions?

thanks, t. loya

is there a local recruiter in california???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Roamingthebay in San Francisco, California

54 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Georgia-Pacific? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Avoid this company like the plague, poor management, poor decisions, not anywhere near the same company since koch took over. Unless of course you like long hours, no/rare weekends, no family life and being walked out the door on someone’s whim for some sort of fabricated "safety" issue...watch you back here at all times. It may sound like im just a digruntled employee but Im not. Every job I have ever had I have found good in, this one on the other hand has no moral fabric to bind to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tyrone619 in Canton, Ohio

49 months ago

I live in northeast Ohio and i applied at Georgia Pacific three months ago.I had an interveiw a month and two weeks ago.At the interveiw the recruiter said that they would be contacting me in two weeks.It's been over a month now.I am not working there as of yet.But whenever i email the recruiter and ask,if iam still a candidate to be hired,i am told yes.Is this there practice to take this long,or is it that they seen at the interview that i was african american and there not so interested in me now ?? Would someone out there know ??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

KIM1225 in Cleveland, Ohio

42 months ago

I submitted a application for a MGR IT position at the Pennington, AL facility and heard nothing. I meet all the requierements even having knowledge of the manufacturing software. I currently live in Northeast Ohio but very interested in the opportunity. What is the wait time before you hear back.

KIM1225 in Cleveland, Ohio

42 months ago

Did you ever get the job.. I live in Northeast Ohio as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nazrac in Sherman, Texas

34 months ago

If you never got a call back consider yourself lucky. It would be better to be unemployed living under a bridge than to work for this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Achess12 in Northport, Alabama

21 months ago

Jacob Adams

Hi my name is Angela Chess. I am diligently trying to become a Georgia Pacific employee at the Pennington Al location. My father has worked there for over 30 year and he loves it. I have production and administrative experience. I am looking for a great career and Georgia Pacific is where I want to be. If you can please provide any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Carlotta Newman in South Carolina

21 months ago

Hi,
I would love to speak to someone about the HR Generalist Position (Requisition ID: 011936) in Alcolu, SC. I have a MA in Human Resources Management and BS in Business Administration with over 6 years experience in Human Resources.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Stillsmiling in Saint Marys, Georgia

21 months ago

I have also been trying to get into GP in Brunswick, GA. I just wish there was some way to follow up on resumes after submitting them. Although I have not worked in a mill, I do have inventory, administration and hr experience. I am not a person to flit from job to job and would be a long term, loyal employee. It's just getting the opportunity to talk to someone.

Achess12 in Northport, Alabama

21 months ago

Achess12 in Northport, Alabama said:

You have to reply directly to Jacob Adams post... Not the last post because I keep getting them in my email

Carlotta Newman in South Carolina

21 months ago

Hi,
I would love to speak to someone about the HR Generalist Position (Requisition ID: 011936) in Alcolu, SC. I have a MA in Human Resources Management and BS in Business Administration with over 6 years experience in Human Resources.

I_Crosby in Bay Springs, Mississippi

20 months ago

Hello,

I would like the opportunity to present my credentials to a member of the GP recruiting team for the Human Resources Manager position (Requisition ID: 010161) in Bay Springs, MS. I have a MPPA in Public Administration with an emphasis on Personnel Management and over 4 years experience in Human Resources.

I. Crosby, MPPA

Md77 in Augusta, Georgia

14 months ago

I am trying to get in touch with a GP recruiter.I worked for International Paper and have 10 yrs, as a folding carton (Gluer) Operator. Please reply

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ANGEL ESQUIVEL in Union City, California

12 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Georgia-Pacific? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

LIKE A LOT OF JOB SEEKERS I POSTED MY RESUNE ON INDEED.COM. FOUND GP, APPLIED, GOT A CALL FROM HR DAYS LATER. DID THE PHONE INTERVIEW, TOOK A SHORT ONLINE TEST E-MAILED TO MY COMPUTER, PASSED, GOT ANOTHER CALL FROM HR THE NEXT DAY AND WAS SCHEDULED TO TAKE THE (S A M TEST) AT THE GP PLANT, PASSED, GOT ANOTHER CALL & E-MAIL FROM HR AND WAS SCHEDULED FOR A ONE-ON-ONE INTERVIEW WITH 2 DIFFERENT SUPERVISORS AT THE GP PLANT. (HR E-MAILED ME A "HOW TO PREP FOR THE INTERVIEW"). ALL QUESTIONS ASKED ARE "BEHAVIOR BASED QUESTIONS". I WAS E-MAILED "DID NOT PASS THE INTERVIEW" 2 DAYS LATER. OH WELL, BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ANGEL ESQUIVEL in Union City, California

12 months ago

Md77 in Augusta, Georgia said: I am trying to get in touch with a GP recruiter.I worked for International Paper and have 10 yrs, as a folding carton (Gluer) Operator. Please reply

HERES PART OF AN EMAIL I RECEIVED WHEN I APPLIED: (I can be reached directly at via e-mail);

hellen.field@gapac.com GOOD LUCK!!!!

Esse88x in Plattsburgh, New York

4 months ago

ANGEL ESQUIVEL in Union City, California said: LIKE A LOT OF JOB SEEKERS I POSTED MY RESUNE ON INDEED.COM. FOUND GP, APPLIED, GOT A CALL FROM HR DAYS LATER. DID THE PHONE INTERVIEW, TOOK A SHORT ONLINE TEST E-MAILED TO MY COMPUTER , PASSED, GOT ANOTHER CALL FROM HR THE NEXT DAY AND WAS SCHEDULED TO TAKE THE (S A M TEST) AT THE GP PLANT, PASSED, GOT ANOTHER CALL & E-MAIL FROM HR AND WAS SCHEDULED FOR A ONE-ON-ONE INTERVIEW WITH 2 DIFFERENT SUPERVISORS AT THE GP PLANT. (HR E-MAILED ME A "HOW TO PREP FOR THE INTERVIEW"). ALL QUESTIONS ASKED ARE "BEHAVIOR BASED QUESTIONS". I WAS E-MAILED "DID NOT PASS THE INTERVIEW" 2 DAYS LATER. OH WELL, BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD.

Hey what was on the sam test that is giving I would get a idea what I have to expect for a hour. I am going for Labor position in NY

burkmark68@yahoo.com in San Leandro, California

3 months ago

my name is mark I'm very interested working for georgia pacific in san leandro i wish some one can e mail me tell me how i can put application online

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.