HCR Manor Care News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 89)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does HCR Manor Care stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

janet ralph

86 months ago

This is a awsome place. I worked there, and found everyone there was kind and helpfull. I also have had family stay there for care. Its a wonderfull place to visit and live. I trust them with family and loved my job while there. The nurses and aides are good people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

Kate in Macon, Georgia

86 months ago

I have worked for Heartland Hospice since they bought out our company. We currently have too many patients and not enough Case Managers. Upper management seems to care more about profits than patient care. I think they will do well financially - enough to pay for high quality attorneys to defend them against lawsuits. Money, money, money - to Hell with patients and the care they deserve. May the CEO need hospice someday and get a tired, overburdened nurse with too many patients and not enough time to handle his needs!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (75) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

cindy in Columbus, Ohio

86 months ago

anyone know of a hairstylist position in a nursing home or retirement facilitiy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

KIM in Cincinnati, Ohio

85 months ago

I have worked for Heartland Home & Hospice I have worded there for five years. I could not be more proud to say that I work for Hearland. I think the company will remain the same. And they can only go up from here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

ML in Michigan

85 months ago

I agree with Kate. I have worked for this company for 4 years and all they care about is profits. They overwork the staff, never authorize overtime, create unreasonable deadlines, don't hire more staff, and berate everyone for not getting everything done. I never take a lunch, come in early, work late, and still don't get anything done. The pay is really low.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (79) / No Reply - Report abuse

kathy in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

i work at manor care bethlehem 2021 this is the worst place to work for its not manor care its manor scare or manor doesnt care were always short staffed and none of the higher ups could care less there is so much abuse and neglect in this facility i would never put my worst enemy here before you choose manore scare please look around and ask questions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (61) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

ERD in Canton, Michigan

84 months ago

I voluntarily left a local Heartland hospice due to the emotional and verbal abuse that the administrator doled out to staff that were competent, smart and had strong work ethics. I was somehow spared, but could not stand to see what she said/did to others. Complaining to her boss (corporate) did nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Leslie Mitchell in Warner Robins, Georgia

84 months ago

Kate in Macon, Georgia said: I have worked for Heartland Hospice since they bought out our company. We currently have too many patients and not enough Case Managers. Upper management seems to care more about profits than patient care. I think they will do well financially - enough to pay for high quality attorneys to defend them against lawsuits. Money, money, money - to Hell with patients and the care they deserve. May the CEO need hospice someday and get a tired, overburdened nurse with too many patients and not enough time to handle his needs!!

Leslie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

school N work 40 in Hanover, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

kathy in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania said: i work at manor care bethlehem 2021 this is the worst place to work for its not manor care its manor scare or manor doesnt care were always short staffed and none of the higher ups could care less there is so much abuse and neglect in this facility i would never put my worst enemy here before you choose manore scare please look around and ask questions

yeah, we are short staffed at our falicity everyone is getting pregnate!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

vljp07 in Mount Morris, Michigan

83 months ago

if management don't care what makes you think staff will...I have had my share of what I call managers from HELL!!!!...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

blackdogreservation in Norfolk, Virginia

83 months ago

ERD in Canton, Michigan said: I voluntarily left a local Heartland hospice due to the emotional and verbal abuse that the administrator doled out to staff that were competent, smart and had strong work ethics. I was somehow spared, but could not stand to see what she said/did to others. Complaining to her boss (corporate) did nothing.

I too witnessed several competent nurses & social workers verbally abused, threatened about the unreachable goal of "productivity", and harrassed until they left to go elsewhere. This year, it's been my turn to be harrassed, insulted, treated with the utmost lack of respect and a severe lack of basic common courtesy. I have more education that any one in our management team yet I am treated like an idiot. I am aggressively looking for another position. HCR manor care has been bought by the Carlyle group, a cutthroat investment group known for it's hit & run tactics. I hope it spins them off the deep end. STAY AWAY from this company-they are hazardous to YOUR health!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

blackdogreservation in Norfolk, Virginia

83 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

This company has been by a huge investment group (Carlyle) and will probably be cut to the bare bones, broken into splinters and sold to the highest bidder-a bad bet for job security.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

WatchURBack in Illinois

82 months ago

Becky Boeckers in Saint Cloud, Minnesota said: FYI: for anyone considering HCR for employment:
I definitely think the company will survive and thrive for many reasons! I have worked for HCR Manor Care for approx. 3 years and have VERY few complaints! The few I do have are minor, everyday, expected mishaps that likely occur no matter where or who you work for. I am quite sure they are almost always looking to expand staff and I definitely do not forsee any type of layoff situation. Considering the nature of the business there will ALWAYS be a need for this service. I have worked for a few other agencies similar to HCR and though I don't have anything against any of them, I feel HCR is the best Healthcare related agency I have ever worked for!

By being the victim of verbal abuse my staff (nurses, ED, and RDO), I cannot agree with you. Frankly, I hope they sink.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

WatchURBack in Illinois

82 months ago

ERD in Canton, Michigan said: I voluntarily left a local Heartland hospice due to the emotional and verbal abuse that the administrator doled out to staff that were competent, smart and had strong work ethics. I was somehow spared, but could not stand to see what she said/did to others. Complaining to her boss (corporate) did nothing.

Thank you for sharing. I thought I was going crazy. I was sabotaged with admission paperwork being "lost." If your ED or the DON wants you out...that's what's going to happen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

WatchURBack in Illinois

82 months ago

bmac mcdaniel in Delta, Ohio said: If you work at this place and it is that bad, yet you stay... WHat does that say about your character? Maybe it's not the place, it's the employee.

Who said I still work there? When the RDO says, "I don't care about the families issues, just get them in these beds!"...something is not right. Don't let YOUR ego get in the way like my RDO did...it's not very attractive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jenchast in st clair shores, Michigan

81 months ago

ML in Michigan said: I agree with Kate. I have worked for this company for 4 years and all they care about is profits. They overwork the staff, never authorize overtime, create unreasonable deadlines, don't hire more staff, and berate everyone for not getting everything done. I never take a lunch, come in early, work late, and still don't get anything done. The pay is really low.

how do they treat the cooks what is the pay rate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

WatchURBack in Illinois

71 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

ManorCare must be run by very insecure individuals. I was in a facility today and saw an easel with one of their advertisements on it. At the top it read "FORTUNE" as in Fortune 100 or 500 companies. It then said how it had been rated #1 with other facilities listed numerically below it. What it didn't say was who/what was really endorsing the company as #1 other than "FORTUNE." Truly it isn't a Fortune 100 or 500 company or that would have been on the poster. Sad!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No Reply - Report abuse

WatchURBack in Illinois

71 months ago

The place I used to work at is in its 7th year. So far they've had 3 marketing directors in less than 18 months, 2 BDS's in the same time frame, 3 ASC's, 3 ED's and the last one is gone (about 9 since it opened 6-7 yrs. ago), 2 Maintenance men in 16 months and 3 Activity Directors. They "promoted" the last ED to get her out of the building. When are they going to do their homework? When is the RDO going to realize they he is creating the same conditions by hiring, firing, letting go, or buying people out? When something is toxic, it's time to flush it down the toilet!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No Reply - Report abuse

SAY NO TO HCR ManorCare in Silver Spring, Maryland

64 months ago

Becky Boeckers in Saint Cloud, Minnesota said: FYI: for anyone considering HCR for employment:
I definitely think the company will survive and thrive for many reasons! I have worked for HCR Manor Care for approx. 3 years and have VERY few complaints! The few I do have are minor, everyday, expected mishaps that likely occur no matter where or who you work for. I am quite sure they are almost always looking to expand staff and I definitely do not forsee any type of layoff situation. Considering the nature of the business there will ALWAYS be a need for this service. I have worked for a few other agencies similar to HCR and though I don't have anything against any of them, I feel HCR is the best Healthcare related agency I have ever worked for!

This sounds like an HR planted response. Do not believe the hype keep reading through all of the threads for how horrible of an organization this company really is. I can definetly speak for Montgomery County Maryland's AL division. RUN don't WALK from this division in Montgomery County Maryland. This hyped up response sounds so much like an HR response. DO NOT BE FOOLED!!! This is a horible organizations. Who talks about jobs available and surviving the economy but somone from HR or in a corporate position. Do not believe the HYPE this place is horrible to the employees just read all of the threads don't just take my word for it keep reading.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

WatchURBack in Illinois said: The place I used to work at is in its 7th year. So far they've had 3 marketing directors in less than 18 months, 2 BDS's in the same time frame, 3 ASC's, 3 ED's and the last one is gone (about 9 since it opened 6-7 yrs. ago), 2 Maintenance men in 16 months and 3 Activity Directors. They "promoted" the last ED to get her out of the building. When are they going to do their homework? When is the RDO going to realize they he is creating the same conditions by hiring, firing, letting go, or buying people out? When something is toxic, it's time to flush it down the toilet!

You speak the truth -- the RDO in Montgomery County Maryland IS THE PROBLEM. The same revolving door concept in Montgoomery County Maryland. When will the RDO do what she is getting paid to do instead of creating issues and encouraging cut throat tactics to control the staff. The buildings and care should be the main focus but I can tell you in Montgomery County Maryland it is not and never has been.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

SAY NO TO HCR ManorCare in Silver Spring, Maryland said: You speak the truth -- the RDO in Montgomery County Maryland IS THE PROBLEM. The same revolving door concept in Montgoomery County Maryland. When will the RDO do what she is getting paid to do instead of creating issues and encouraging cut throat tactics to control the staff. The buildings and care should be the main focus but I can tell you in Montgomery County Maryland it is not and never has been.

I Guess I should clarify by saying the Assisted Living in Montgomery County Maryland division RDO is who I am referring to. She is viscious with no conscience. I am glad these threads exist so people like her can be exposed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

WatchURBack in Illinois said: The place I used to work at is in its 7th year. So far they've had 3 marketing directors in less than 18 months, 2 BDS's in the same time frame, 3 ASC's, 3 ED's and the last one is gone (about 9 since it opened 6-7 yrs. ago), 2 Maintenance men in 16 months and 3 Activity Directors. They "promoted" the last ED to get her out of the building. When are they going to do their homework? When is the RDO going to realize they he is creating the same conditions by hiring, firing, letting go, or buying people out? When something is toxic, it's time to flush it down the toilet!

WATCH YOUR BACK EXACTLY -- It won't take long before they start cutting your throat especially in AL the RDO in Assisted Living enjoys trying to destroy people. Don't tell her you just purchased a house she will have even more incentive to fire you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

thewhistleblower in chicago, Illinois said: HCR Manor Care Inc. || Got a Gripe? Retaliation is Coming!

I second the motion!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

janet ralph said: This is a awsome place. I worked there, and found everyone there was kind and helpfull. I also have had family stay there for care. Its a wonderfull place to visit and live. I trust them with family and loved my job while there. The nurses and aides are good people.

An Awesome Place???? -- this sounds like another planted response please do not set people up to go this company. What a cruel thing to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RSS feed in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

kathy in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania said: i work at manor care bethlehem 2021 this is the worst place to work for its not manor care its manor scare or manor doesnt care were always short staffed and none of the higher ups could care less there is so much abuse and neglect in this facility i would never put my worst enemy here before you choose manore scare please look around and ask questions

Stay away from Manorcare 2021 and 2029. Especially 2029 the director of nursing is a bully who gets off on abusing the nurses/staff. The pay and benefits are horrible. They also love to set up the nurses/cnas and treminate them. This place is not fit for Charles Manson. STAY AWAY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Merv Watson in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

Where is "2029"??
Considering a position with Manor and want to make sure its not the same place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Merv Watson in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Where is "2029"??
Considering a position with Manor and want to make sure its not the same place.

In Bethlehem PA, If you are considering working there, DO NOT. The DON gets much pleasure verbally abusing the staff. Singling one out in front of their peers. And she loves to set up nurses and fire them. By the way this is the nursing home that sent the nurse to federal prison. I worked there and left, and from personal experience I know that that poor nurse was set up to take the fall. The DON came out smelling like a rose and the nurse life was ruined. They are very good at passing the buck and making the inocent look guilty. Be afraid and stay away.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Merv Watson in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

No, this building is in Lansdale.

Any word on anything there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Merv Watson in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: No, this building is in Lansdale.

Any word on anything there?

I would just stay clear of this company. Benefits poor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Allison in Romeoville, Illinois

62 months ago

What is with Manorcare in Illinois. The flagship in Hinsdale and Westmont are squeaky clean, but other facilities are a dump. I have interviewed with them on and off for two years now for an Administrator position. The management team, administrators, and leadership are freaks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

OMGManorScare

59 months ago

WatchURBack in Illinois said: Thank you for sharing. I thought I was going crazy. I was sabotaged with admission paperwork being "lost." If your ED or the DON wants you out...that's what's going to happen.

Sadly, each job I've had has gotten progressively more unethical, but I hit the MOTHERLOAD with Manor Care. When Nursing screws up, they remove and shred orders that they didn't follow up on, or didn't get, or didn't administer. They SAY ... and here I want to throw up ... "we take care of each other." OMG. Did you just SAY that? And here's another good one: they BACKdate clinical notes, pretend they were present when they weren't, and fake doing jobs that they never did. I'm getting out of that place as fast as I can. I can't sleep at night with all the unethical/illegal activities, verbal abuse, power-hungry DONs, and the sickening ride on the money-making hamster wheel day in and day out. To all prospective employees, prospective families, and tourists ... RUN, don't walk!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

HCR full of deceit in elk grove village, Illinois

58 months ago

There is way better places to work, and it is about respect, honesty, being real, not fake as HCR is, so...fake! healthcare will do fine, but it may take years for it to come back to them, their day may come when they lose from all the deceitful ways I seen them do. They have been dumping staff, and they have a hitlist they keep, one of you may be on it! I know I was, because I am not their anymore. It is illeagal to be fired for being productive,excellent worker, honest hard working employee! I did way more than my job discription, and this job made me ill. which they did not like the time off for needing a surgery that intitled weeks off. The FMLA gives 3 months before the job can be handed over, but the ED-Jane decided no way...she will do more of her dishonest, sneaky, deceiful ways and blow a fuse in my review, and fired me! for what needing time off for surgery, and speaking up, and disagreeing with her. I was legal she was not.. see you in court! by the way, possible future employees I was in managment, and the circles of hell stories I can tell you are not pretty! I wish I would of got online and checked them out before I considerd a position with HCR. I would not have taken it reading all this! Have respect for yourself, you are way better than this company, so give your hard work to a company that finds you truly worthy! HCR don't and never will... it is all about money, money, money, and NOT the well being of employees, and residents!and malipulating employees with food, and lies. HCR MANORCARE CORP./ ARDEN COURTS ARE BAD, BAD, EVIL, DEVELS! Many have come and go in the little over one year of me being there, and I know the history before me, and it is not pretty! they dont care about employees and keeping them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

jlo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

57 months ago

My Mother stayed at Manor 2029 for 3 weeks. Although we did like most of the nurses and aides, we had an awful experience upon my Mother's discharge. The doctor who she was assigned to didn't take care of ANY of her prescriptions nor did ANYONE sit down with us to go over these meds. My Mother was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer stage 4 less than 2 months ago. She needs all sorts of medications. We could have literally just walked out with her and no one would have blinked! It took me 6 hours to get her prescriptions! And, the doctor who she was assigned to spent maybe all of 10 minutes with her during her entire 3 week stay there. I am extremely upset with Manor Care for this most unprofessional and unacceptable lack of care!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

abused case manager in jackson, Ohio

56 months ago

This is the worst job and treatment that I have had in almost 8 years as a nurse. Don't think twice about a job with cut throats, liars, management who would sell out their own mother's for gain. RUN! RUN! FASTER! They will pick until they find a way to terminate you if you do not fit into their mold. Hospice case managers are overworked and under paid. Don't buy their salary talk that it all evens out. Try paid for 40 hours and work 50-60 aweek.I warn you not to subject yourself to the pure insane hours, on call, paperwork..etc... and never seeing your family. The pay is horrible. You try to do a good job but you never hear about the compliments that corporate gets on your behalf, just the monster who wants more...push numbers and numbers knowing good and well the patients are the ones that we are suppose to be concerned about. Life is to short to to work for such a money hungry, deceitful outfit. I believe places like HCR is why unions exist. I also believe that is why you have to have good lawyers.Hour and wage law violations galore.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

I definitely think the company will survive and thrive for many reasons! I have worked for HCR Manor Care for approx. 3 years and have VERY few complaints!

BULL. You must work for Corporate HR. It is so obvious. All of the replies must also come from corporate. If you want to know just how horrible this place is read all of the threads. This is a horrible place to work. This company does not care about the employees or the residents.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

janet ralph said: This is a awsome place. I worked there, and found everyone there was kind and helpfull. I also have had family stay there for care. Its a wonderfull place to visit and live. I trust them with family and loved my job while there. The nurses and aides are good people.

B.S. You are not honest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

I know as a case manager you are told that the hours are 8:30 to 4:30 and you end up putting in 50-70 hours a week and they don't care if you have worked 20 hours and slept 2-3...you better be there for your next shift. They say the hours even out with your time off BS>>>BS>>>BS>>> We as case managers love our patients but the company only cares for the all mighty dollar baby. They pay you salary and work your behind off and could care less. If you disagree with them they pull dirty tatics to try to find a way to fire you.If you like being a slave go for it. I thought slavery was abolished when?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

anyone know what unions that some HCR Manor care places have?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tooemployeefriendly in Ohio

55 months ago

This company is so afraid of unions that they have crafted progressive discipline that stands to endanger patient safety and lives while managers try to get rid of short-fused, ambivalent, lazy, self-absorbed, careless, neglectful, dishonest, thoughtless, game-playing, unreliable and even harmful front-line hourly staff. Work here if you want to sit on your tail doing as little as possible to earn a paycheck and don't want to sit through training. (There is little real training.) Avoid working for HCR if you are a moral, ethical person who truly cares about patients, quality customer service and doing the right thing at all times.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tooemployeefriendly in Ohio

55 months ago

ML in Michigan said: I agree with Kate. I have worked for this company for 4 years and all they care about is profits. They The pay is really low.

Salaries at manager level are not less than $5,000 below industry average and many times much lower. Nurses are especially lowly paid by comparison to other industry employers, many of whom care enough about retention to have created additional vacation time or other benefits that afford work-life balance for those in stressful positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Annette Foght in Toledo, Ohio

55 months ago

tooemployeefriendly in Ohio said: This company is so afraid of unions that they have crafted progressive discipline that stands to endanger patient safety and lives while managers try to get rid of short-fused, ambivalent, lazy, self-absorbed, careless, neglectful, dishonest, thoughtless, game-playing, unreliable and even harmful front-line hourly staff. Work here if you want to sit on your tail doing as little as possible to earn a paycheck and don't want to sit through training. (There is little real training.) Avoid working for HCR if you are a moral, ethical person who truly cares about patients, quality customer service and doing the right thing at all times.

I am very offended by this post. I have worked for HCR ManorCare for 14 years and I am a moral, ethical person. HCR ManorCare is a great organization full of passionate, committed professionals like me that are providing quality care and customer service. I have never seen this company make a decision that would compromise quality care for profits. It seems to me that several of these posts are from the same individual and I question their motives.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Annette Foght in Toledo, Ohio said: I am very offended by this post. I have worked for HCR ManorCare for 14 years and I am a moral, ethical person. HCR ManorCare is a great organization full of passionate, committed professionals like me that are providing quality care and customer service. I have never seen this company make a decision that would compromise quality care for profits. It seems to me that several of these posts are from the same individual and I question their motives.

You obviously have not read all the post if you think they are from the same individual. You never identified which position you hold. To be in a position for 14 years with this company you must be at the top executive level. The people are speaking the truth about this company. I encourage all who have had bad experiences with this organization to continue to warn others. This company is inhumane and no place for good people to work. I would never recommend any of my family or friends to go to any of the facilities after my horrific experience with the people in this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

OMGManorScare

55 months ago

Annette Foght in Toledo, Ohio said: I am very offended by this post. I have worked for HCR ManorCare for 14 years and I am a moral, ethical person. HCR ManorCare is a great organization full of passionate, committed professionals like me that are providing quality care and customer service. I have never seen this company make a decision that would compromise quality care for profits. It seems to me that several of these posts are from the same individual and I question their motives.

Good for you, but it seems you're living on a different planet than most of us. You're probably the ONLY ethical person who sees HCR Manor Care through rose-colored glasses. The truth of it will be obvious once you get your lenses checked. It's the most disgusting, unethical, for-profit place I've ever had the displeasure to work in and I'm speaking from a managerial position. So no, these posts aren't from only one lowly disgruntled employee. Be thorough in your reading, and open your eyes, and you'll see that across-the-board, the HCR Manor Care SYSTEM is ugly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

skye sparrow in Euless, Texas

54 months ago

Heartland Health Care In Bedford, Is awful stay away from this place if your looking for a job or resident. The care is terrible not enough staff, Ive seen people come with minor injury or rehab, and go out 911 or worst. Director of nurses is a idiot, never any RN around,They got rid of the BEST nurses and CNA's they ever had !!!! STAY AWAY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mom23 in Buffalo Mills, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

OMGManorScare said: Good for you, but it seems you're living on a different planet than most of us. You're probably the ONLY ethical person who sees HCR Manor Care through rose-colored glasses. The truth of it will be obvious once you get your lenses checked. It's the most disgusting, unethical, for-profit place I've ever had the displeasure to work in and I'm speaking from a managerial position. So no, these posts aren't from only one lowly disgruntled employee. Be thorough in your reading, and open your eyes, and you'll see that across-the-board, the HCR Manor Care SYSTEM is ugly.

I am coming from a managerial position in a facility for well over 10 years, and I agree, it turned into an awful place to work. What most of the people are writing is indeed true about the company. I got to the point where ethically I could just not work there anymore. The upper corporate management is so concerned over the budget and monies the employees and residents suffer and they DO NOT care!!!! It is sad, I feel so sorry for the little old people and the employees. If any manager even tries to stick up for what is ethical and better for the patients, they can expect to be "targeted" by regional staff, and then they will make that manager's life so miseravle they will either conform or quit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jlo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

I have been receiving these emails for 2 months now and am very saddened by the lack of quality care for its residents and professionalism towards its employees that ManorCare seems to possess. My Mother was only a resident there for three weeks and then went home on Hearland Hospice where she spent her final 2 weeks before dying from pancreatic cancer. While she was at ManorCare, my Father thankfully slept and pretty much lived there for those 3 weeks. If not, I shutter to think of how she would have been treated. I had the most horrifying experience with them when it was time to discharge her. The assigned doctor, whom she met one time during her stay, never called in her numerous prescriptions and the on-call doctor didn't want to cooperate. Needless to say, she was discharged with NO prescriptions in hand or at the pharmacy!! She had stage 4 pancreatic cancer and was treated as if she could just walk out the door, no questions asked. If it had been my parents alone, they would have not known what to do. Thankfully, I took care of calling the doctor myself after I demanded to have her medication list printed out, which by the way was in "medical terminology" and NO ONE even explained to us each med or the dosage for it. It was a NIGHTMARE!
That being said, there were some wonderful nurses, aides and staff employed there. However, the doctors there can go to hell quite frankly and there seemed to be a disconnection between most of the staff. Does anyone talk to anyone there?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HCR full of deceit in elk grove village, Illinois

54 months ago

mom23 in Buffalo Mills, Pennsylvania said: I am coming from a managerial position in a facility for well over 10 years, and I agree, it turned into an awful place to work. What most of the people are writing is indeed true about the company. I got to the point where ethically I could just not work there anymore. The upper corporate management is so concerned over the budget and monies the employees and residents suffer and they DO NOT care!!!! It is sad, I feel so sorry for the little old people and the employees. If any manager even tries to stick up for what is ethical and better for the patients, they can expect to be "targeted" by regional staff, and then they will make that manager's life so miseravle they will either conform or quit.

Mom 23, well said, so true! but..besides employees quitting, or conforming, they get fired also for not doing wrong but like you say, sticking up for what is ethical. They try and get you too walk although. Regional and Corp staff, and also other managers in your building you will be a target if they are the conformed managers. They think they are so sneaky, just terrible, dishonest people with no souls or hearts. The turn over in my area of management for this Co. and the Corp. over all is a joke. I look back and was lied to about much from the beginning (in my hiring interviews) about the turn over. I wish I would of read up on this Co.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mom23 in Pennsylvania

54 months ago

HCR full of deceit in elk grove village, Illinois said: Mom 23, well said, so true! but..besides employees quitting, or conforming, they get fired also for not doing wrong but like you say, sticking up for what is ethical. They try and get you too walk although. Regional and Corp staff, and also other managers in your building you will be a target if they are the conformed managers. They think they are so sneaky, just terrible, dishonest people with no souls or hearts. The turn over in my area of management for this Co. and the Corp. over all is a joke. I look back and was lied to about much from the beginning (in my hiring interviews) about the turn over. I wish I would of read up on this Co.

Yes you are correct they do terminate many good employees also. In my region they rode the managers hard to conform rather than fire them, just made their lives miserable. We worked all the time, in addition to the 40 hr. work week. We never did get all the extra hours we put in "back" in time off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

HCR full of deceit in elk grove village, Illinois said: Mom 23, well said, so true! but..besides employees quitting, or conforming, they get fired also for not doing wrong but like you say, sticking up for what is ethical. They try and get you too walk although. Regional and Corp staff, and also other managers in your building you will be a target if they are the conformed managers. They think they are so sneaky, just terrible, dishonest people with no souls or hearts. The turn over in my area of management for this Co. and the Corp. over all is a joke. I look back and was lied to about much from the beginning (in my hiring interviews) about the turn over. I wish I would of read up on this Co.

I concur with you both! Region 2 in Maryland has the most evil RDO ever. This women is mentally ill. She enjoys inflicting cruelty. I am concerned for the residents in Arden Courts and Spring House in montgomery county. She has the family members fooled. You think you're putting your loved one in a safe place where they will be cared for, but its quite the opposite. The staff takes out their frustration with her on the residents because they are afraid of her. Her size alone is enough to terrify you -- she must be at least 500 lbs. of solid waste. No offense to anyone struggling with a weight issue, but this beast uses her weight as a weapon. In addition not only is she deceptive, but she's a thief. She steals from the residents and blames the staff. Another thing she does is walk around with a note pad documenting general conversations trying to make staff fearful for their job. Can you imagine having a general conversation with someone and they pull out a note pad and start writing right in front of your face while staring at you, that is sick. I hope they shut down the AL division of HCR Manorcare, especially in region 2. BEWARE OF WORKING THEIR AND DEFINETLY DO NOT PUT ANY FAMILY OR FRIEND IN THOSE FACILITIES IT IS NOT SAFE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.