How to get a job at Hillsborough Community College.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Do you work at Hillsborough Community College? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Only Me in Tampa, Florida

88 months ago

I have applied at HCC over 40 times in the last 15 years and only been called in for 1 interview. I am more than qualified but I am not what they want.
The one interview I went to, I drove 40 miles to one of their satellite campuses. I was interviewed by a panel of 5. After I was interviewed they asked me to wait in the hallway. A woman came up to one of the interviewer and they called each other by name, they then took her inside for an interview for the same position and each member hugged her hello and said how great it was going to be to work with her. I assumed that was that so when they excused me, I figured I wouldn't hear from them again. Next day, I am called for a second interview with the head of the dept that has the opening. I drive again 40 miles and this person interviews me for 2 1/2 hours. Shows me around the campus, tells me that he is impressed with my abilities etc. Afterward, I go home feeling pretty good. Two weeks later and nothing. After 3 weeks, I call the number that would be for that department and the woman everyone was hugging answered the phone. I didn't tell her who I was (I know shame on me) and acted like I worked at the college. She went on and on about how they had promised her that job once it became available and she had known for 2 months that it was hers. Thank you for wasting my time and my gas. That is pretty much how it goes there. Only reason I wanted in was the benefits and retirement but now I am too old to care.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.