Head Cashier duties

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

orangeguy63 in Buffalo, New York

49 months ago

Our store just fired a head cashier because that head cashier left money in the bill acceptor(1800) and was told it was code of conduct violation and was termanated with in two days, with no chance of rehire. Head cashier as alone with asm's and key carriers standing around chatting, so now with this info should they have fired said head cashier?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

retiredhd in hoffman estates, Illinois

49 months ago

Just another reason to scare, intimidate, and terminate----don't have to do anything really wrong and just an innocent mistake----mean nitpicking in your face managers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kermitthefrog in brunswick, Ohio

49 months ago

your right--you don't have to do anything wrong--i think the management sits in the office and throws a dart at associates names--if it lands on you, bye bye, unless of course you are in the "boys club". if the sm likes you, then you are safe. she has her favorites, the single guys, the single moms (like herself). those people can be late, call off monthly, not do their job, text while on the floor, etc, etc, you get the picture. three reason why i may have been terminated: i got along well with everyone, i did my job to the fullest, or i am over 50.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

well as i oringinaly and my reply.. I am trying to find out if the former head cashier did anything wrong. This person was great trianed me and was well liked by the SM and ASM's. From what I know the firing came from Alanta.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

No money was lost..but yet a bookkkeeper put 10's in the 1's bin in self checkout and customer got like 400 bucks outta it wich is a loss to our store and she is still there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nell in Columbia, South Carolina

49 months ago

orangeguy63 in Buffalo, New York said: No money was lost..but yet a bookkkeeper put 10's in the 1's bin in self checkout and customer got like 400 bucks outta it wich is a loss to our store and she is still there.

Hey.....we had a fairly new cashier who let two of her buddies go through the line without paying for all the merchandise. This was witnessed by the Head Cashier who promptly reported it to store management. After a few days of a so-called investigation, the cashier was actually retained. My guess is that was because she is a minority, has three kids out of wedlock and is on govt. assistance......which means HD gets a kick back from the fed. govt. Anyway, this same cashier dresses like a thug and does not represent HD in an acceptable manner. The Head Cashier who reported her quit shortly thereafter and took a better paying job at a bank.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

xdept91 in Virginia Beach, Virginia

49 months ago

before I quit my job the Head Cashier emptied the self checkout and the MOD walked them to the vault. In the morning we (vault assoc) put the money back. There was talk that the MOD was suppossed to do that, however, one of the MOD's was too lazy to do it. The other one was too busy with IMA's and over night receiving issues, always. She couldn't have done it.
Leaving $1800, that's alot of $$. If the morning vault assoc liked the Head Cashier, it would have never been reported. I myself wouldnt have said anything. I would have seen it wasn't there before I balanced the machine, before the day even opened. I would have pulled it when I put the money in, I always checked.
We had Head cashiers leave strips in their aprons, tubs under the counter, it would be several times before our store released them. Has the HC done any of those?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

from what I gather this person had left a couple of unopened tills in reg. but was told none of that matter this was a time deal, and that was all HR looked at.
funny thing is a back up bookkeper put tens in the ones which caused the store a loss of several hundred dollars, and nothing was done.
The new bookkkeepr has done this twice in the last few months and nothing was done!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

I just think rules should be fair for all!

49 months ago

Rules not applying to everyone is one of the reasons I quit. My partner Bookeeper would do things on purpose to make someone look bad. I wrote it down and turned her in over and over, one opts manager didn't care, one had her hands tied and another wasn't there long enough to care. Manager openly told me she was a #itch and how did I work with her? Hard to work with that when no one wants to be in bookkeeping and management can't get rid of her because of the Audit team position. Also, bookkeeping is very intensive, alot of training. Once your trained they don't want to find anyone to replace you. Switching money is a big blunder should have NEVER happened. Head Bookkeeper should be taking care of it. Maybe she is on a PIP?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

No nothing has been done to either bookkeepr for screwing up the bills!

49 months ago

Its kind of hard to tell if someone is stealing money if you are always out of balance. You can bet if they mixed up money in the SCO's they mixed it up in the back too.
Just don't mix your money up and ALWAYS count your till when you get it. 8 5's 40 1's and 20 in change.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

retiredhd in hoffman estates, Illinois

49 months ago

Cashier and head cashier--stressful and underpaid positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

no name in Carlsbad, California

48 months ago

retiredhd in hoffman estates, Illinois said: Cashier and head cashier--stressful and underpaid positions.

definitely.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jenn b in Schenectady, New York

30 months ago

well when i started in 2010 it was head cashier or fes empty and walk it back with MOD but then when we got the new self check outs we head cashiers or fes just shoot the money up the tube

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.