Our voices need to be heard!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Message to Home Depot

47 months ago

With jobless claims rising your voices need to be heard. Press releases about many of your concerns are hitting the internest. Search the internet under "Home Depot Video Goes Viral" and you will see people all over are standing up for right. There is change under foot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (135) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kermitthefrog in Fort Recovery, Ohio

46 months ago

i certainly hope so. i am no longer working for hell deephole, i was terminated last month over a bogus incident. it IS time and the change NEEDS to happen. to allow the mistreatment and unfair practices, the lies, the manipulation of associates by management is APPALLING. you are not associates, YOU ARE HUMAN and deserve to be treated as such. HD needs to take down their "value wheel" and roll it into the garbage. it is nothing but BULLS**T. please continue to fight to obtain the simple practice of fair and just treatment. dont be walked over and walked on. DO THE RIGHT THING

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

happy positive in Anywhere

41 months ago

kermitthefrog in Fort Recovery, Ohio said: i certainly hope so. i am no longer working for hell deephole, i was terminated last month over a bogus incident. it IS time and the change NEEDS to happen. to allow the mistreatment and unfair practices, the lies, the manipulation of associates by management is APPALLING. you are not associates, YOU ARE HUMAN and deserve to be treated as such. HD needs to take down their "value wheel" and roll it into the garbage. it is nothing but BULLS**T. please continue to fight to obtain the simple practice of fair and just treatment. dont be walked over and walked on. DO THE RIGHT THING

Help is available. Mistreatment/discrimination is illegal. There are others who have gone through mistreatment. Email: rainbowsnbeaches76@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

happy positive in Anywhere

41 months ago

Message to Home Depot said: With jobless claims rising your voices need to be heard. Press releases about many of your concerns are hitting the internest. Search the internet under "Home Depot Video Goes Viral" and you will see people all over are standing up for right. There is change under foot.

Help is available: Email rainbowsnbeaches76@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

orangeokie in Patchogue, New York

39 months ago

Ellen Strickland, 80, says she was fired from Home Depot because of her age
BY Thomas Zambito
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Saturday, January 22nd 2011, 4:00 AM

Farriella for NewsEllen Strickland, 80, was fired after 19-year career at Home Depot for crediting her bank card while making store purchases.
An 80-year-old Home Depot checkout lady known as "Mom" to co-workers says she was canned over a 6-cent screw.

But Ellen Strickland says her September firing had more to do with her age than the screw.

She's suing the home-improvement giant for age discrimination in Queens Supreme Court.

Strickland says she was called into her boss' office and told that her habit of ringing up 6-cent screws to get cash back on her debit card and avoid ATM fees was a no-no.

Strickland, who worked as a bookkeeping supervisor for 15 years before she moved to the register, agreed to stop. By then she had done it four times.

"I used to handle millions of dollars for this company and for 24 cents I'm told I'm going to have to leave?" Strickland said. "There was not a penny missing."

A spokeswoman for the South Ozone Park Home Depot could not be reached for comment.

Strickland says the move stunned her since she had recently been honored at an employee luncheon for registering above-average grades for "cashier friendliness" and a stellar "wait to checkout" time.

Her lawyer, Esther Goldbas, says Strickland was fired despite "a flawless record."

Strickland "performed an action that was common practice among store employees....Plaintiff was the only employee terminated for this action, while younger employees were not," the lawsuit claims.

The firing forced Strickland to leave a place that became a second home after the death of her husband five years ago.

"I enjoyed getting out and seeing the kids," Strickland says. "I was enjoying getting up and going to work every day."

Over 19 years she attended weddings, baby showers and other major events in the

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

retiredhd in hoffman estates, Illinois

38 months ago

In the last two weeks, the store that forced me out, "retired" one 60 year old and terminated another 60+ year old. No over 60 full timers and only a few over 60 part timers. One of the late 50 employees had lunch with me and said he fully expects to be terminated for a birthday present and is very frightened.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Help is available: Email rainbowsnbeaches76@gmail.com

Email this person...I did...do it soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nell in Columbia, South Carolina

37 months ago

orangeokie in Patchogue, New York said: Help is available: Email rainbowsnbeaches76@gmail.com

Email this person...I did...do it soon.

Tiffany has left the law practice......I called. She is no longer with the firm and has taken a leave of absence to raise her kids. She was supposed to be handling the lawsuit. Nell in SC

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

Nell...I just spoke to the person who is handling her(Tiffany)calls right now. It is true she has taken leave but for a couple weeks and sounds like misinformation was passed along. She will be returning in another week or so and is handling this case.
It is definietly not a scam.
Please email me at orangeokie@aol.com and I will send you the phone number of the attorney who is taking her calls. This forum/blog will not allow phone numbers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.