Salaries and Benefits

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 387)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Home Depot?

What do you like best about working at Home Depot? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

John Tri

94 months ago

I have applied on line with Home Depot

I have over 20 years of building material experience.

I HAVE NEVER HAD A REPLY FROM HOME DEPOT

TRULY DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY I AM NEVER CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW

JOHN TRI
PORT RICHEY, FLORIDA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (135) / No (59) Reply - Report abuse

Andy S in Price, Texas

94 months ago

I have 8 years in growing plants and applied for a garden shop position and have also never heard. Three weeks after I first saw the position advertised, I see where they are advertising again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (38) Reply - Report abuse

Emma (Host) in Stamford, Connecticut

94 months ago

I would suggest calling the Home Depot office you applied to and ask for a confirmation that they have received your application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

Alan in Longmeadow, Massachusetts

94 months ago

I have the same experience. I have applied several times, and have not received any response. Yet, the job is then reposted a short time later. I am amply qualified for the position that I applied for. I don't understand their screening procedures.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Somebody Who knows in Durham, North Carolina

94 months ago

John Tri said: I have applied on line with Home Depot
I have over 20 years of building material experience.
I HAVE NEVER HAD A REPLY FROM HOME DEPOT
TRULY DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY I AM NEVER CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW
JOHN TRI
PORT RICHEY, FLORIDA

Don't worry, they don't pay good anyway. You're not missing anything by them not contacting you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

John T

94 months ago

I heard they pay decent?

Possibly they are like wallmart and pay poverty wages

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (109) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

Kris in Huntsville, Alabama

94 months ago

Brandy said: Home Depot's Human Resource department has fostered itself to be comprised of poorly skilled, self serving individuals. They drive a culture that is survival of the fittest, so the focus is only on saving one's behind. There is no consideration of others. That's why they don't even invest a few pennies to provide a generic acknowledgement of appreciation for interest. It is not a good place to work.

I would have to say it is what you make of it. If you are willing to work and YOU choose to have a good attitude then you will love working for the Home depot. If are not willing to work then you will hate the job. It really is your choice. I believe this is a great company and a great place to have a career. Be the voice of positive and of good change.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (81) / No (66) Reply - Report abuse

sigg in Kimmswick, Missouri

94 months ago

I have also applied several times online to Home Depot. I also called the store that I applied to and was told they are not hiring even though they have jobs posted online for that store. I know that I am not STUPID, I know that I seen the positions posted but they aren't hiring? It seems that all companies do anymore these days is that they posted "fake jobs" to lure in candidates to apply but don't have any intention of hiring them. I interviewed at Lowes for an HR manager job and would have made more as a clerk full time at Quik Trip. Crappy pay and working 60 hours per week as a salaried employee is not what candidates are looking for, especially when you have a college education or beyond.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (59) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Bruce A. in Carrollton, Texas

94 months ago

Don't waste your time with Home Depot. I too have applied for several upper level (Corporate) positions for which I met or exceeded every stated requirement. No replies, nothing. I remember when HD was "contractor only" 30 plus years ago. It was a great place until (name removed) was hired. Go figure how a cola company exec goes to run a DIY chain. Under (name removed), HD has lost market share, the stock is down, and I never see happy employees anymore. Don't waste your time as I did with application...they only hire for senior positions from within. The postings are bogus - a way to get benchmarks in salaries, etc. Heard that from a former HD senior HR type in Dallas regional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Chuck in Indianapolis, Indiana

94 months ago

Add another NO REPLY for a job posting. 24 years in Human Resources and meeting all of the requested experience and skills. I thought I would at least get an "over qualified" note. Gee I wonder how many applicants that received NO REPLY were over 40 and of a protected status??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

John Florida

94 months ago

Chuck

I agree with you, I get no response from Home Depot and I am very qualified with over 20 years of successful building materials experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Katy in Atlanta, Georgia

94 months ago

First, (name removed)is not, never was, a COLA company exec. He came from GE's Power Systems division. Now, I'll grant you that running an industrial/manufacturing business might not be a great fit for a DIY chain, but (name removed) brings years of experience in process management and moving production to digital environment. If you'd be in a THD store 10 years ago, you'd know why this was something that (names removed) wanted in the person who took over - the stores had awful inventory management problems.

By the way ... lots of positions being filled in the HQ - or as we call it, the Store Support Center. I think you might be getting no calls simply because of relocation costs. Few people seem to be coming from other parts of the country, simply because there is a great supply of corporate personnel in metro Atlanta. Layoffs from Coke, GE, BellSouth, and other companies make this a competitive hiring market - the company doesn't really need to pay relo.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

John Florida

94 months ago

I agree with with you
Home Depot needs to pay more for people with years of building material knowledge

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Shan in Gay, Georgia

94 months ago

I've applied to HD several times for customer service and call center jobs and I have no luck with a response. I am very qualified for the positions, but they never reply back. I am through with them altogether now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

thedepotbites in Fort Smith, Arkansas

94 months ago

Face it, all. Corporate America cookie-cutters everything with the sole purpose of non-thinking cheap-as-possible labor. I mean, most require an 'exam' to assess risk and control factors of the new employee. "thinkers NOT wanted' should be evry ap!! Even local management isnt allowed to evaluate individual situations .. it MUST FIT the approved corporate profile. (Thats why their wages suck, too) Those that defend these shoddy corporate tactics are either PAID TO LIE or complacent morons that could be sold oceanfront property in Idaho!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

D.B. in Shelbyville, Tennessee

94 months ago

Katy said: First, (name removed)is not, never was, a COLA company exec. He came from GE's Power Systems division. Now, I'll grant you that running an industrial/manufacturing business might not be a great fit for a DIY chain, but (name removed) brings years of experience in process management and moving production to digital environment. If you'd be in a THD store 10 years ago, you'd know why this was something that (names removed) wanted in the person who took over - the stores had awful inventory management problems.
By the way ... lots of positions being filled in the HQ - or as we call it, the Store Support Center. I think you might be getting no calls simply because of relocation costs. Few people seem to be coming from other parts of the country, simply because there is a great supply of corporate personnel in metro Atlanta. Layoffs from Coke, GE, BellSouth, and other companies make this a competitive hiring market - the company doesn't really need to pay relo.

Katy, you seem to be the one positive voice in the middle of the naysayers. I would like to talk to someone about the two new stores opening in TN. What info or advice can you give me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Joy, Atlanta GA in Atlanta, Georgia

94 months ago

Do you see the severance package Ex-CEO of Home Depot is receiving upon his termination. Over 200million. They do not have time for the ordinary man.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

John Florida

94 months ago

I agree with you 200 million for the HD CEO

That is why they pay poverty wages

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Terry Florida in Jacksonville, Florida

94 months ago

I will confirm that Home Depot never responds to applications for employment, either for white collar positions or blue collar ones. I am a highly experienced paralegal, and have responded to their ads for legal support staff here in Florida, never to hear from them again. I also did the computer application for a store position, after having been told while shopping there one day that they needed and were hiring people, again never to hear back from Home Depot. I tried repeatedly to reach the store's personnel person, "Marcia", who never bothered to respond to me in any way (and also apparently was never actually in the store, either,) and even the store's manager just shrugged when I asked him why I had not gotten a response to doing the computer application.

Home Depot is a strange bird.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Alan in Texas in Houston, Texas

93 months ago

Is Home Depot any different than Lowes?? Just an auto response that they have received my application and will contact me. Maybe they are afraid that I am TOO knowledgable to work there!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

doodle in Mc Queeney, Texas

93 months ago

Kris said:
I would have to say it is what you make of it. If you are willing to work and YOU choose to have a good attitude then you will love working for the Home depot. If are not willing to work then you will hate the job. It really is your choice. I believe this is a great company and a great place to have a career. Be the voice of positive and of good change.

I did get a call back for an interview, and I am intrested in WORKING, can you tell me what type of drug test or screening they do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

Catherine in Bakersfield, California

93 months ago

I have a background in cabinet design + design school. I worked a a new store as a kitchen designer. I was given no training on the computer design program, or how to even order cabinets. I was told I would learn this on the job. How? from whom? I was teamed with a young "designer" from another store, who had been forklift operator only months earlier. The only help available was by calling other stores. These stores kitchen designer were so busy they would not even pick up the phone. I am an excellent designer but HD failed to provide me with the tools I needed.

The apron states "I help in all departments". This meant I helped in plumbing, floor and wall, appliances etc. in addition to Kitchens. To top it off...we were constantly being watched. I was given the "dusty finger" test at least twice a week. The "kid" never once dusted or cleaned. In addition to all I had to cover on the store floor I had to clean and dust too.

The kid quit, leaving me by myself. I lasted 6 months. Almost 2 years later that department is staffed by a young gal who had been in appliances and a guy from floor and wall. These people are "designers" without one single class in design, experience or training. Don't even consider having HD (Lowe's is the same) design a kitchen.

Most the managers of stores im my area that had been with HD from when Arthur and Bernie ran the co. are no longer with HD. These are people that had "orange blood" in their veins. The store do look neater and cleaner but the corp. treatment of employees leaves much to be desired. Funny thing, although I believe HD treats emplopyees like dirt I would go back to them. I need health ins. and a steady job which I don't have as an independant designer for the cabinet co I went back to work for after leaving HD. I could also be able to relocate and still work for HD.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Catherine in Bakersfield, California

93 months ago

Oh, I've reapplied to them and even though I used a different name here the local HD people would know who it was if they read this forum. Based on what I've read here about HD replying to job applications I seriously doubt I have anything to fear. I doubt anyone at HD corp. reads these forums, even though they should.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Peoria, Arizona

93 months ago

HOOKED ON PHONICS WORKED FOR ME!! I WOULD BE EMBARRASED TO HAVE YOU ON OUR TEAM.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (38) Reply - Report abuse

big box worker in Fort Smith, Arkansas

93 months ago

thedepotbites said: Face it, all. Corporate America cookie-cutters everything with the sole purpose of non-thinking cheap-as-possible labor. I mean, most require an 'exam' to assess risk and control factors of the new employee. "thinkers NOT wanted' should be evry ap!! Even local management isnt allowed to evaluate individual situations .. it MUST FIT the approved corporate profile. (Thats why their wages suck, too) Those that defend these shoddy corporate tactics are either PAID TO LIE or complacent morons that could be sold oceanfront property in Idaho!
don't waste your time with HD, they are very difficult to work for. The local manager has no idea what's going on and the HR manager is the worst ever. There are jobs in boxes that really do appreciate their employees and are fun to work at. Going to work for the orange is not a good idea...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Confidential in Saint Louis, Missouri

93 months ago

I have many years of experience in Purchasing, College Degrees and Professional Certifications. HD never contact me and still advertises the position. HD will not have to worry about me apllying or Purchasing from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

St. Louis Native in Odessa, Missouri

93 months ago

thedepotbites said: Face it, all. Corporate America cookie-cutters everything with the sole purpose of non-thinking cheap-as-possible labor. I mean, most require an 'exam' to assess risk and control factors of the new employee. "thinkers NOT wanted' should be evry ap!! Even local management isnt allowed to evaluate individual situations .. it MUST FIT the approved corporate profile. (Thats why their wages suck, too) Those that defend these shoddy corporate tactics are either PAID TO LIE or complacent morons that could be sold oceanfront property in Idaho!

Check ou tthe Tyco Healthcare Blogs and you will see the same dissatisfaction with long-standing Mallinckrodt employees! Great company to work for as a family-owned business, sucks miserably as a corporate entity...poor spirits, even worse management! Tyco threw this one into the toilet just as Home Depot execs did!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

My Little Pony in Stone Mountain, Georgia

93 months ago

I'm not really sure where the problem is with HD. I've always heard that it was difficult to get a job with them. I sent in a resume for a Sr position in their IT group. I got the interview. Then got a call back to take their elementary pre-employment test and what do you know...I've heard NOTHING else from them. The whole thing was just a waste of time for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Quintin (Florida)

93 months ago

I and I sure other will be in agreement that Home Depot will not get back and continue to be able to post jobs.

I had a person tell me today the same thing you did, Hd nothing but a waste of time

I would highly reccommend that nobody apply with Home Depot and not buy anything from their stores, consumers need to know about the hiring process, it is not right and should not be allowed to be posted

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Miami in Orlando, Florida

93 months ago

Kris said:

I worked for HD and for HD Supply in an HR leadership capacity. It was a great opportunity but the culture is truely survival of the fittest. You work hard but the harder you work the harder you have to work. If you have a family it's a challange to balance because that means nothing. The compensation is competitive but I will share with you what several Head Hunters have shared with me when I was recruited by another fortune 500 company. They said, there are certain companies that are feeders and others that are receivers. HD is s feeder, "Churn em and burn em". Positions tend to be posted and reposted not because of growth but because of that culture. You will get great exposure to a wealth of information from an HR point of view but what are you willing to sacrifice? That is the real choice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Detroit in Auburn Hills, Michigan

93 months ago

I enjoy shopping at home depot and I am considering working at my local store. I was told by an employee to fill out the online application and then call the HR department 2 days later if you actually want a job. I have 15yrs of home building experience and was looking for more of a corporate stepping stone career with stability and future options.
I was hoping to find out more hard numbers as far as wages and salaries.
I would make sure you do the 2 day follow-up call.
Good luck to all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Skippy Oregon in Tualatin, Oregon

93 months ago

Bill in Detroit said: I enjoy shopping at home depot and I am considering working at my local store. I was told by an employee to fill out the online application and then call the HR department 2 days later if you actually want a job. I have 15yrs of home building experience and was looking for more of a corporate stepping stone career with stability and future options.
I was hoping to find out more hard numbers as far as wages and salaries.
I would make sure you do the 2 day follow-up call.
Good luck to all

Here are some tips for employment at store level.
Go into your local store and find out when the busy months are.(They will not employ anyone during the slow months) Ask for the name of the HR Manager. Apply for a position before or during the busy months and follow up with mailing a written resume to the HR Manager. Keep it neat, simple but positive and include a picture if you like. Timing is everything as they get a huge number of online requests and your written resume will be the only thing to make you stand out.
Do not expect to walk into the store and get an interview with the HR Manager. Home Depot is still a good place to work and the do prefer to promote from within. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

John in Scottsdale, Arizona

93 months ago

Don' shop the little guy cuz the little guy screwes his workers too..!!!! ace sucks! they're all backstabbers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jean Luc Picard in Edwardsville, Illinois

93 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Home Depot?
What do you like best about working at Home Depot? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

The average starting pay for hourly positions is barely above minimum wage. Now the management positions pay more but it is salary and when you consider how many hours you are working(55 to 60 a week)it would probably be less per hour then the hourly jobs because you are not getting paid time and a half for overtime.

As far as what I liked best about working at Home Depot. The only thing I can think of is clocking out and going home. A better question would be, what do you hate the most working at Home Depot. That list could go on forever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Quntin

93 months ago

Everyone read this one, this person is right on the money
Povery wages at Home Depot
I for one am going to never buy anything from them, there are other retailers you can buy from
Home Depot might think they are big and mighty, but still could go out of business if more people would not support them, the nation should get together and boycot HD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

James B. in Albuquerque, New Mexico

93 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Home Depot?

I worked for Home Depot in Idaho for about 4 months. I was classified as a Part-Time employee and I qualified for part-time benefits (50%). My normal hours were varied, always on Saturday though. I averaged about 40 hours per week for the 4 months. I asked about the benefits and wondered why I passed my probationary period, worked 40 hours per week and I was still classified as a part-time employee. I was told by an assistant manager "that's just the way it works at HD".

My starting wage was $8.50 per hour and my ending wage was the same. I did not get any other "perks" or discounts. Once a year, around Christmas, we were given 5 - 10% off coupons to use ourselves (1) and pass the rest on to family and friends.

Unless you enjoy dissatisfied customers, rude comments, long hours, low pay and 50% benefits for 100% work performed, I would pass on the HD. The only way I got a job was because I knew a friend who knew someone else in the HR department.

The most outrageous thing about HD is that they had a record year last year and the outgoing CEO got over $210 Million dollars in cash and stock options! Way to go HD! Screw the little people who work hard to make HD what it is today. Although I don't like their hiring practices, I still shop and prefer the HD over other home improvement warehouses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Dustin in Polk City, Iowa

93 months ago

Somebody Who knows said:
Don't worry, they don't pay good anyway. You're not missing anything by them not contacting you.
If you have ever applied for a job before you would know that you usually have to call them after you apply. Secondly Home Depot is a retailer like wal-mart is and Home Depot is the best paying retailer in the world. Look it up. Do you expect to get paid 40,000 a year at a retail store if your not in management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Dustin in Polk City, Iowa

93 months ago

John Florida said: I agree with with you
Home Depot needs to pay more for people with years of building material knowledge
why pay more for people with more knowledge of building materials. i worked at home depot and all you have to do in lumber/building materials is run the fork lift to stock sheet rock.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Emma (Host) in Stamford, Connecticut

93 months ago

Indeed has taken a look at your concerns over the outdated Home Depot job listings. They have removed the outdated Home Depot listings and have put measures in place so they do not return.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeanette

93 months ago

Well, I guess I was one of the "fortunate few" who heard back from them. I was asking $65K at the time and they called me. I went through a lengthy telephone pre-screen interview and in the course of thing found out that Home Depot has all of their HR processes documented. In other words, they don't need anyone with any real HR skills - anyone who can read can work the job, pretty much. Not a job for me. I built up my skills and experience to USE them. Another bad aspect is the hours - they're not M-F, 9 to 5. The days and hours will vary.

The fact that they constantly advertise says a lot about them - they obviously go through folks a lot, and one has to wonder why. Obviously, if you're looking for a stable postion, this won't be it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

TLL in Lancaster, California

93 months ago

I was looking on the web for some HD info and found this. After reading most of the postings I felt I should post our experience with HD.

I guess we are very lucky. My husband has worked for them for about 6 mos (at management level) and is very happy. They called him back right away for his interview process which was lengthy but usually is at his level. The pay was also not what people are describing. It was definately better than his previous employer, who was horrible in comparison all the way around.

This is retail of course you are going to work long hours and weekends. Most poeple I have met in management over the past 15 years do work a lot of hours, are always "on call" and always have cell phones on.

I for one am very happy with this company from their interview process to pay to benefits..... I am sorry so many people only have negative things to say about Home Depot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Tom in Louisville, Kentucky

93 months ago

I applied at Home Depot with little appliance experience, but a great deal of sales experience. They called me. I was interviewed and hired. My starting pay was $12 per hour. It was raised to $12.50 per hour after 3 months. Then, I was given a raise to $13.50 per hour. That's not too bad for retail. However, after 8 months I jumped ship to Lowes. Same department, my pay almost doubled.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

KD in Dallas, Texas

93 months ago

I had over 10 years with Home Depot and am an expert in my field. My cust. sats were always high and my product knowledge was second to none. (There is always room to learn.) A memo was inadvertently left on our specialist desk from a district manager telling his managers to fire all high paid specialist that aren't making sales plan and replace them with cheaper help. Now our comps showed a 50% decline across the boards in the respective speciality depts. How can you meet a goal when there isn't any traffic? I was fired for "customer abuse". I just recently won my hearing against Home Depot for this. It seems the "customer" wouldn't come forward. I should say that I had 20 customers from the over 10 years that I spent there offer to come forward. I was on Team Depot and recognized for being on the team that won the National award and mentioned on the VOC for my cust. service. It ain't your attitude because I LOVED what I did. It is all about the numbers and it sure as hell isn't Bernie and Aurthur's Home Depot where as long as you took care of the customer you always had a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

Laini M. in Virginia Beach, Virginia

93 months ago

I worked for Home Depot for over 3.5 years and you don't get any discounts when you work there. You get a 20% off coupon for your "Christmas Bonus" and it actually expires. The managers are very "clicky" and if you are not in the click, you might want to keep an eye on your job. Salary depends on exp. of course but a basic person in the South Atlantic region starts around $9-10/hr for full time. Less for part time. Great benefits but the work environment is not healthy to your stress level.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

John

93 months ago

Tom said: I applied at Home Depot with little appliance experience, but a great deal of sales experience. They called me. I was interviewed and hired. My starting pay was $12 per hour. It was raised to $12.50 per hour after 3 months. Then, I was given a raise to $13.50 per hour. That's not too bad for retail. However, after 8 months I jumped ship to Lowes. Same department, my pay almost doubled.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HD Management in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

93 months ago

Catherine said: Oh, I've reapplied to them and even though I used a different name here the local HD people would know who it was if they read this forum. Based on what I've read here about HD replying to job applications I seriously doubt I have anything to fear. I doubt anyone at HD corp. reads these forums, even though they should.

Actually, senior management at Home Depot DOES read these forums. We continuously strive to stay in touch with customer feedback, both positive and negative, and make every effort to address the concerns we find online.

However, if you have experienced problems with Home Depot or a company within the Home Depot family, either online or at a store, I strongly suggest that you direct your feedback to the appropriate person(s). It is difficult to address outstanding issues when you vent to other consumers. If your claim is legitimate, bring it to the source, and be willing to stand behind your convictions. Online libel accomplishes nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

HD Management in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

93 months ago

TLL said: I was looking on the web for some HD info and found this. After reading most of the postings I felt I should post our experience with HD.
I guess we are very lucky. My husband has worked for them for about 6 mos (at management level) and is very happy. They called him back right away for his interview process which was lengthy but usually is at his level. The pay was also not what people are describing. It was definately better than his previous employer, who was horrible in comparison all the way around.
This is retail of course you are going to work long hours and weekends. Most poeple I have met in management over the past 15 years do work a lot of hours, are always "on call" and always have cell phones on.
I for one am very happy with this company from their interview process to pay to benefits..... I am sorry so many people only have negative things to say about Home Depot.

We are so very glad to hear that you're pleased with the treatment you've received at Home Depot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Depot'd out in Charlotte, North Carolina

93 months ago

Kris said:

I am a hard working individual, don't mind my work at the Home Depot either. I've been there five years now and have grown to dislike the company. How do they expect one to feel good about their job and work hard when they won't even give a raise good enough to cover the increase in health insurance. Looks like I'll be making less and less each year. I believe I've had enough, all Depot'd out. I think I'll find a real job now, one that believes in rewarding hard work, and not with a 3% increase of already crappy pay and an occasional "great job". I've heard people talk about how good Depot used to be, thats it, "used to be". If you want poverty pay, by all means, apply at Depot. My advice would be to get an education, and get a real job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

marcus in Atlanta, Georgia

93 months ago

They suck!!!!
check some job description.. mixing programmers job with Network Engineering. All in one job and for how much?
i applied for job that i know i got 8 solid yrs exp, education and still dont get no response.
dont waste your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.