HOME DEPOT AND THE EEOC

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California

56 months ago

voltom05 in Alabama said: If you want to see how bad Home Depot is go to the EEOC website and search thru their archives and you will see how much money they have paid out for discrimination. They just don't learn not to discriminate against anyone. I know someone personally who has a charge against them and their lawyer says this will be an interesting case. I guess Home Depot likes to pay $5.5 million dollars all the time as that was one of the settlements.
DON'T TRUST WORKING FOR THEM AND DON'T TRUST ANYONE IN MANAGEMENT, HR OR OTHER ASSOCIATES. They will rat on you in a heartbeat.

As with any other major corporation, you get money grubbing vultures, race pimps, and extortionists. A few bad apples in a few stores, do not represent the entire corporation, or their policies. They actually win thousands of unfounded and unwarranted (bogus) law suits for every one that they lose, so get your facts straight or shut up moron!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie LeFrancios in Placentia, California

56 months ago

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: As with any other major corporation, you get money grubbing vultures, race pimps, and extortionists. A few bad apples in a few stores, do not represent the entire corporation, or their policies. They actually win thousands of unfounded and unwarranted (bogus) law suits for every one that they lose, so get your facts straight or shut up moron!

I agree with Rancho Cucamonga, I worked for The Home Depot for 10 years and never heard of any legitimate claims of discrimination. If the money is there the buzzards will circle.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Debbie LeFrancios in Placentia, California said: I agree with Rancho Cucamonga, I worked for The Home Depot for 10 years and never heard of any legitimate claims of discrimination. If the money is there the buzzards will circle.

Thank you Debbie, Same in my store race, sex, or religious preference have no bearing on whether you get hired or promoted. Most associates who get hired or promoted are anything but anglo americans

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

nyhusgal in Ketchikan, Alaska

56 months ago

voltom05 in Alabama said: If you want to see how bad Home Depot is go to the EEOC website and search thru their archives and you will see how much money they have paid out for discrimination. They just don't learn not to discriminate against anyone. I know someone personally who has a charge against them and their lawyer says this will be an interesting case. I guess Home Depot likes to pay $5.5 million dollars all the time as that was one of the settlements.
DON'T TRUST WORKING FOR THEM AND DON'T TRUST ANYONE IN MANAGEMENT, HR OR OTHER ASSOCIATES. They will rat on you in a heartbeat.

Home Depot isn't the only ones. You should check out this website;paburkm.tripod.com/ They helped my sister get her issues resolved and ended up getting the company she worked for to pay backwages to over 300 employees and they did it in less than 60 days and only charged her $800. That beats the attorneys and the EEOC any day of the week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

nyhusgal in Ketchikan, Alaska said: Home Depot isn't the only ones. You should check out this website; paburkm.tripod.com/ They helped my sister get her issues resolved and ended up getting the company she worked for to pay backwages to over 300 employees and they did it in less than 60 days and only charged her $800. That beats the attorneys and the EEOC any day of the week.

This is the type of vulture I was talking about, opportunistic scumbag looking for and easy payoff. Suggestion... Get a job and stop trying to leach off of society...What a concept.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

voltom05 in Alabama

56 months ago

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: As with any other major corporation, you get money grubbing vultures, race pimps, and extortionists. A few bad apples in a few stores, do not represent the entire corporation, or their policies. They actually win thousands of unfounded and unwarranted (bogus) law suits for every one that they lose, so get your facts straight or shut up moron!

You have no idea what you are talking about. Home Depot has discriminated against people of all races, ages and sex. There are some people who speak like you about home depot that is your opinion. You must not have worked for any other company so you don't know how it is. There are several people who have worked for them and left for their competitor where they get more money and much better treatment. Look in the mirror to see who is the moron.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

voltom05 in Alabama said: You have no idea what you are talking about. Home Depot has discriminated against people of all races, ages and sex. There are some people who speak like you about home depot that is your opinion. You must not have worked for any other company so you don't know how it is. There are several people who have worked for them and left for their competitor where they get more money and much better treatment. Look in the mirror to see who is the moron.

I guess life would suck in Podunk Alabama, here in Cali, I make over $26. an hour to just help customers, suggestion, move out of that miserable place and stop being miserable, also get a clue, I've had every crappy job there is from garbage man to factory worker.HD is a great place to work for those who keep a good attitude and work hard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

astro Galvston in washington, District of Columbia

54 months ago

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: This is the type of vulture I was talking about, opportunistic scumbag looking for and easy payoff. Suggestion... Get a job and stop trying to leach off of society...What a concept.

I think it is you, who is the attack dog that need to be ashamed of yourself. You want poor people to be taken advantage off and all what you want to do is say all sorts of lie and stupid remarks about people who have legitimate complaint about a company that cannot get it right.
I know all what you and your likes do is lurk all over the cyber space to defend HD since that is your job
We know HD has hired guns on its payroll to do only defend and discourage people from talking about union or try to organize. All these tactics will buy home depot time but sooner or later people will get their rights back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

voltom05 in Alabama

54 months ago

astro Galvston in washington, District of Columbia said: I think it is you, who is the attack dog that need to be ashamed of yourself. You want poor people to be taken advantage off and all what you want to do is say all sorts of lie and stupid remarks about people who have legitimate complaint about a company that cannot get it right.
I know all what you and your likes do is lurk all over the cyber space to defend HD since that is your job
We know HD has hired guns on its payroll to do only defend and discourage people from talking about union or try to organize. All these tactics will buy home depot time but sooner or later people will get their rights back.

Thank you for your reply astro to masterspec, someone needed to tell them something. I just heard today on the news that someone is suing HD. If you didn't see it, what happened was a guy out west had a button on that read God Bless America. They had told him to take it off which he wouldn't and they fired him because it is in their SOP rules that you can not wear buttons like those. What is this? HD is not American? That is what the problem is here in America. The saying God Bless America isn't or should not be offensive to any american. Unfortunately I work at HD and have been for 2 years and hate every minute of it but it is a job right now. I have heard from my friend who filed a claim with the EEOC and EEOC said there is no discrimination. The position statement was all wrong and my friend is just waiting for their right to sue letter. Their lawyer told them that HD would come back and say this. This lawyer is very well known in the town and I can't wait to see what the outcome is from it. Take care and talk to you soon astro.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.