Don't Waste Your Time

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Atlanta in Douglasville, Georgia

89 months ago

I work in the corporate office - it took me over 20 years of applying and interviewing for positions throughout the years when HD was THE PLACE to work -- NOT ANYMORE!! the recruiters lie to you, there are no bonuses and no matter what type of employee you are, you will get a mediocre review because I was told by my boss "that HD rates 85% of all their employees that way, no matter how exceptional you are and if you get a 3% raise, you are lucky." They underpay for your skill and job market and they are too busy filling their 'diversity quotas' to reply to anyone who doesn't meet their quota standard. everyone I know is trying to get out of there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

j in Grand Blanc, Michigan

89 months ago

lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes www.lowes.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

howard nagle in Atlanta, Georgia

89 months ago

Walmart is the same way, a manager there Chirs Mitchell was telling employees about how you can earn a merrit raise and He works at the winchester, tn store walmart has stoped giving them in 2005 but hasnt told there employees that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jack in Wheaton, Illinois

89 months ago

HD is just another cut-throat retail company, and not worth it for career oriented people, and getting the smallest raises imaginable overtime. If you are just going to work there temporary or part time, then it's not so bad. However, if you want to stick with a company that respects their employees, and have real growth potential, don't waste your time with Home Crappo.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lorrie in Pocatello, Idaho

89 months ago

Far WORST is American Express-unless of course you are part of thier "Diversity". smaller than 3% raises, POOR medical insurance coverage where the employee pays the most AND if you are lucky to enough to get a bonus after it is taxed 45% by the GOV Amex puts it on a "card" so they can make the interest off of the funds while you carry it arouns like a credit or debit card and when it gets down to 2-3.00 it rejects it so 3.00 X thousands of employees = LOTS of interest made instead of giving it to you to put in your account and YOU make the interest. My mother was dying of cancer suddenly and sent home on Hospice. I was sole caretaker. Amex called me to either come back to work or terminate. This after 9 years. You are just a number to them. I have seen them push people out after 30 years. Stay away from them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Deigo Chicago in Forest Park, Illinois

89 months ago

I know that this is about home depot, but does any one have info on the hiring process at Lowes?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Darryl in Glendale, Arizona

89 months ago

lorrie in Pocatello, Idaho said: Far WORST is American Express-unless of course you are part of thier "Diversity". smaller than 3% raises, POOR medical insurance coverage where the employee pays the most AND if you are lucky to enough to get a bonus after it is taxed 45% by the GOV Amex puts it on a "card" so they can make the interest off of the funds while you carry it arouns like a credit or debit card and when it gets down to 2-3.00 it rejects it so 3.00 X thousands of employees = LOTS of interest made instead of giving it to you to put in your account and YOU make the interest. My mother was dying of cancer suddenly and sent home on Hospice. I was sole caretaker. Amex called me to either come back to work or terminate. This after 9 years. You are just a number to them. I have seen them push people out after 30 years. Stay away from them

Did your manager mention to you that you could apply for FMLA? This is a federal law and any manager who was telling you to come back to work or terminate was required to tell you about the availablitiy of FMLA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dave Johnson in Campbellsburg, Kentucky

89 months ago

My Dad told Me about Home Depot comming to
Winchester and it will bring 50 new jobs to the area. 50 new jobs in winchester to me means that the government there is Not doing a good job of getting new companys to start up there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

HRprofessional in Memphis, Tennessee

88 months ago

Don't waste you time applying for HR positions. They don't call you back or even acknowledge you in many cases regardless of your qualifications. The recruiters are totally unresponsive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Glenn Kollen in Jacksonville, Florida

86 months ago

Atlanta in Douglasville, Georgia said: I work in the corporate office - it took me over 20 years of applying and interviewing for positions throughout the years when HD was THE PLACE to work -- NOT ANYMORE!! the recruiters lie to you, there are no bonuses and no matter what type of employee you are, you will get a mediocre review because I was told by my boss "that HD rates 85% of all their employees that way, no matter how exceptional you are and if you get a 3% raise, you are lucky." They underpay for your skill and job market and they are too busy filling their 'diversity quotas' to reply to anyone who doesn't meet their quota standard. everyone I know is trying to get out of there.

Can you tell me how to address an email to a corporate HD (buyer)person.I have the buyer's full name. Samples:
Is it joesmith@homedepot.com ; joe.smith@homedepot.com; jsmith@homedepot.com; joe_smith@homedepot.com.
Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Timo in Frederick, Maryland

86 months ago

joe_smith@homedepot.com would be the correct email address. Hope this helps :)

Glenn Kollen in Jacksonville, Florida said: Can you tell me how to address an email to a corporate HD (buyer)person.I have the buyer's full name. Samples:
Is it joesmith@homedepot.com ; joe.smith@homedepot.com; jsmith@homedepot.com; joe_smith@homedepot.com.
Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Woofie

85 months ago

lorrie in Pocatello, Idaho said: Far WORST is American Express-unless of course you are part of thier "Diversity". smaller than 3% raises, POOR medical insurance coverage where the employee pays the most AND if you are lucky to enough to get a bonus after it is taxed 45% by the GOV Amex puts it on a "card" so they can make the interest off of the funds while you carry it arouns like a credit or debit card and when it gets down to 2-3.00 it rejects it so 3.00 X thousands of employees = LOTS of interest made instead of giving it to you to put in your account and YOU make the interest. My mother was dying of cancer suddenly and sent home on Hospice. I was sole caretaker. Amex called me to either come back to work or terminate. This after 9 years. You are just a number to them. I have seen them push people out after 30 years. Stay away from them

You should definitely have reminded AMEX of the Federal "Family Leave ACT"....it's LAW!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jack Kerouac in Newport News, Virginia

8 months ago

Home Depot, Walmart, Lowe's, Target, Office Depot, and many other big box companies all work off corporate politics. Everything goes great there until someone makes a mistake and the old saying goes, "One Bad Apple spoils the whole bunch of apples." Home Depot gave out award badges to people in their little click. These places are very clickish. Be careful working at these places. While working there over the age of 22, KEEP applying for jobs. JFK said, "When the roof is in good shape is a good time to look into getting it fixed."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.