can you get re-hired after getting fired ?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

arlo in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

I used to work at store #420 in scottsdale, az. and i was 6 months working there as a freight team. my story is that since i was living with my parents and me being uncomfortable living there i tried to move back to california and transfer here but my mistake was i was still on probation because i got written up and on the day i went to california to see any apts i can rent out, i came back couple hours late and they let me go. its been 2 years now since it happend and i tried reapplying for it again and i know some people thing it might be a hassle for me but i talked to one of the hr's at a store here in california and she said that i have to call my old store and see if i can change their mind about re-hiring me and i can get hired here. negative and positive comments welcome, i need help thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California

72 months ago

to be honest, I think it would take an act of god to get you rehired, I know many people who were there for years and got fired for attendance type reasons, begged for their jobs and to no avail, once they dedide to terminate, it's a life sentence. sorry for the bad news

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

arlo in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: to be honest, I think it would take an act of god to get you rehired, I know many people who were there for years and got fired for attendance type reasons, begged for their jobs and to no avail, once they dedide to terminate, it's a life sentence. sorry for the bad news

ty, sir.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

bennies in Washington, District of Columbia

72 months ago

Yes you can...there's a difference sometimes they don't actually fire you. In either case you should try anyhow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

derrick valdez in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

well to tell you the truth i was thinking the same thing. I wanna get back hired where i was workin because that place was fun. i made mistakes but i honestly think its possible. Its hard findin a good job like that they didnt play well but i loved the people thier and it was a fun experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JohnDoe1980 in Home Depot Sucks, Georgia

17 months ago

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: to be honest, I think it would take an act of god to get you rehired, I know many people who were there for years and got fired for attendance type reasons, begged for their jobs and to no avail, once they dedide to terminate, it's a life sentence. sorry for the bad news

I was fired and like most that were before or even after me, I doubt they would want to work there again anyway or probably have better paying jobs by now or at least jobs with better hours, etc. I doubt I would want to work there again, they way they run business nor even be a customer anymore.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.