Does any one know how to access H.D. SOP from your home computer?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

FedUpInMichigan in Farmington, Michigan

73 months ago

I was terminated recently and need to get my ducks in a row with info. on H.D. policy of paying "earned" vaction and sick time. I already checked out what Michigan law quotes= Written Company Policy. I already have a few calls/emails to friends still employed with H.D. requesting the info. I would like to see the exact wording with my own eyes. Thanks in advance for any help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

HDadvisor in Denver, Colorado

73 months ago

Were you salaried or Hourly at time of termination? When did you become salaried (if that classification prior to termination)..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Hourly

73 months ago

Your current HD contact(s) will need to look up HR SOP's - Hourly vacation/sick benefits.

You earn vacation on your anniversary date. What you did not use between your anniv. date and termination date will become payable to you. Anything accured is lost along with sick/personal time. Depending on your state laws - your final payment of vacation will vary.

Exp - earned 80hrs vacation on 7/1/08. Used 16 hrs over July4th weekend. Therefore only have 64hrs vacation allowed which would be paid out to you.

Hope this makes sense - Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you earn vacation time during the first 12 months of employment, then starting on your anniversary date, are entitled to receive paid vacation time off to be used in the next 12 months. Repeating the process each additional year of employment. As an example only: Start date, Jan. 01, 2007 End date, June 30, 2008. One earns 1 hour of vacation time for each month of employment. After 18 months of employment one is entitled to 12 hours of paid vacation time to be used in a 12 month period starting Jan. 01 with a balance of 6 hours earned. Does SOP state that those 6 earned hours are now voided due to non-completion of the next 6 months of employment? Thanks for your input.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Yes, you are correct. The 6 hours is lost because it still is accruing to become earned on 1/1/09 therefore has not rolled over to earned.

Upon termination you will only be paid any "earned" vacation. Anything accrued is lost because you have not earned them yet because you have not completed another full year. That is stated in SOP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

One more thing, you "accrue" vacation your first year then upon your 1 year anniversary it rolls into the "earned" category that is now yours to use until the following year. Keep in mind there are two terms, earned and accrued. Don't allow yourself to get too confused.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rdynes in Brentwood, California

32 months ago

Can anyone tell me if it is common practice, for the spotter to be sent for drug testing if the equip. operator scrathes a cust. truck when loading a pallet. Also, if your sent for a drug test because theres probable cause your under the influance, would you be allowed to work until the results of the drug test come back.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.