John Florida

92 months ago

Home Depot continue to post jobs but never replys

Indeed should do something about this.

There is no opportunity to get a job with Home Depot on Indeed.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bubba in Los Angeles, California

92 months ago

Well, I don't think indeed can make Home Depot's hiring department not suck.

If home depot is really that bad, then who's better to work for in the industry?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

KB

91 months ago

Have you noticed how long some of these jobs stay posted? This Sr. Global Compliance job has been online since sometime in October. There is another job for another company that has been online since October too, yet they continue to show up as "new". Makes you wonder what's going on. After having interviewed for a similar position with HD several years ago, never receiving a reply and watching the job continue to be posted for almost 6 months, I wouldn't apply for another one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Emma (Host) in Stamford, Connecticut

91 months ago

It's Indeed's policy to only keep job listings for 30 days. Which job (job title, company, location) did you find that's been there since October?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

KB

91 months ago

The Sr. Import Compliance job has been posted, reposted and updated on various sites that apparently get picked up by indeed.com

It was listed on the job board at www.aaei.org sometime before Nov. 21.

They just keep updating it so that it looks new. Latest update on the Home Depot site is 12/1. Just watch and see how long it continues to be posted.

careers.homedepot.com/cg/proJobDetail.do?id=SR%20MGR%20GLOBAL%20TRADE%20COMPLIANCE&selectedJobId=10283

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CB in San Diego, California

91 months ago

I see certain EDI Jobs that are constantly posted. I do a search for EDI Manager on Indeed.com every day, and there are constantly Home Depot jobs. One might assume that it's either a lousy place to work, the pay is real low, or they are not real openings.

I know someone who spent time at corporate IT who said it was a nice place to work, but these constant job openings have me concerned, so I didn't upload a resume.

91 months ago

If they keep updating the job posting that could very well be the reason why. We'll look into it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

BB in Cantonment, Florida

91 months ago

The problem is Human Resources, they require them to handle all aspects of HR with little or no help. No one wants to work in HR because it is not a true HR job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John Florida

91 months ago

Home Depot should not be allowed to post jobs

They do not respond so why should they be able to post jobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dee in Salinas, California

91 months ago

John Florida said: Home Depot continue to post jobs but never replys

Home Depot has a third party screen applications. Theye call you if you fit the job. And then the management interview process is very intense. I didn't like their style of interviewing. Five hours of testing and interviews. Don't bother.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mrs. neal in Dallas, Texas

91 months ago

John Florida said: Home Depot should not be allowed to post jobs

i currently work for HD, and know that through the interview process for the Addison Call Center, Home Depot does not conduct the interviews. A staffing company named Spherion interviews qualified candidates and informs you if an offer is going to be extended.

Kim in Saint Paul, Oregon

91 months ago

I've submitted several applications to Home Depot for job openings, and never a response from the company. How difficult is it for a company to send a "No Thank You" letter or e-mail these days? The company's attitude toward projecting a positive recruiting image is one of the worst I've seen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mac

91 months ago

Kim said: I've submitted several applications to Home Depot for job openings, and never a response from the company. How difficult is it for a company to send a "No Thank You" letter or e-mail these days? The company's attitude toward projecting a positive recruiting image is one of the worst I've seen.

I agree with you! It is easy to set up an autoresponder which says thank you for your reply...if your qualifications match...
due to the heavy volume we may not be able to contact you personally...

mac

91 months ago

Kim said: I've submitted several applications to Home Depot for job openings, and never a response from the company. How difficult is it for a company to send a "No Thank You" letter or e-mail these days? The company's attitude toward projecting a positive recruiting image is one of the worst I've seen.

I agree with you! It is easy to set up an autoresponder which says thank you for your application...if your qualifications match...

John (Florida)

91 months ago

I agree with Kim's response on Home Depot

It is hard to believe anyone would work for them when they do not respond at all.

Very disrespectful company.

I know all i will never buy anything from Home Depot again

Laura in Lancaster

91 months ago

ditto on your response-----
everyday I get my openings sent to my email...and that home depot is always on the top......has anyone actually gone to the location and applied or spoke to a manager?

KB said: Have you noticed how long some of these jobs stay posted? This Sr. Global Compliance job has been online since sometime in October. There is another job for another company that has been online since October too, yet they continue to show up as "new". Makes you wonder what's going on. After having interviewed for a similar position with HD several years ago, never receiving a reply and watching the job continue to be posted for almost 6 months, I wouldn't apply for another one.

KB

91 months ago

Yes, I interviewed there about 4 years ago. It seemed like a nice place. Interviewed with 3 or 4 people. Met all of their criteria, yet never received any response as to why they continued to post the job for months after I interviewed. I emailed the people I interviewed with asking what I could have done differently, etc. in order to be their #1 pick. No response. Maybe with the resignation of the Top Dog, things will change, but I won't apply again.

Skippy in Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia

91 months ago

I have applied for at least a half dozen Home Depot job postings on Indeed.com and have never received a reply. I have also applied directly to Home Depot via their website and never received a reply. Home Depot should not be allowed to post jobs on Indeed.com. This lack of response really makes me wonder about Home Depot as a whole, especially when the just gave their outgoing CEO millions of dollars and their stock is not performing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Johnboy in New Baltimore, Michigan

91 months ago

Let me tell you about my experience with Home Depot. First, after the initial interview took about a month to set up in-person interviews. Then they flew me in to Atlanta to interview. Had several interviews set up and then was told in the middle of my second interview that the manager of the department had a schedule "snafu" and would be unable to meet with me. After requesting a phone interview because this would be one of the three persons making a decison on the job, was told they would try. Two days later I got an e-mail thanking me and saying the job had been filled. Why the hell fly me in and do that?
My impression -- nice people but a bunch of dolts when it comes to the hiring process!

John (Florida)

91 months ago

Jon Boy in Michigan

I agree with everything you said,

Home Depot should not be allowed to post any jobs when they do not reply to anyone.

Roy P. in San Diego, California

91 months ago

John (Florida) said: I agree with Kim's response on Home Depot
It is hard to believe anyone would work for them when they do not respond at all.
Very disrespectful company.
I know all i will never buy anything from Home Depot again

I use to work at HD. I worked there for almost 17 years. About 5 years ago they desided to downsize and make it very hard on employees. All the experienced employees(like me) left. Now all the see in the stores are inexperienced young kids. I never go to HD to buy something, unless I can't get at another store. The reason most the jobs(they advertise) are never filled is because of the salaries they are paying or the workload for the jobs.Having one person doing the job that 3 people should be doing.

Paul- Their own CEO QUIT in Dumont, New Jersey

91 months ago

You wouldn't want to work there anyway, their turnover is unreal. I too know many people who have filled out the lenghty application process on their website and never received a call, and these guys are retired carpenters...

KB

91 months ago

Roy,
I think most companies have done some type of downsizing since 9/11. From what I've seen in companies - one person doing the job of 2 or 3 is the standard. I'm thinking that when the gruop of very experienced workers with good work ethics retire and all companies have left to choose from are the inexperienced, those with poor work ethics and those of us they've tried to work to death that they will start treating us better because they will want better quality workers and we will be in a better position to not put up with the unreasonable demands of working 3 jobs for 1 salary. Good luck to all of you!

Quintin (Florida)

91 months ago

Home Depot pay poverty wages, does not want to hire anyone that has experience so their customer can be treated right, with the right answers.
Would encourage all people to not apply at any Home Depot in the nation
Applied on lime with no response, continue to post jobs, and never reply to say thank you for applying at Home Depot, your resume will be reviewed and we should if qualifications meet our expectations you will be notified.
Never a response, a very un-professional company.
Ever see many Lowes jobs posted, I do not, maybe that say something good about lowes

Robert Cashman in Clawson, Michigan

91 months ago

Johnboy said:
Let me tell you about my experience with Home Depot. First, after the initial interview took about a month to set up in-person interviews. Then they flew me in to Atlanta to interview. Had several interviews set up and then was told in the middle of my second interview that the manager of the department had a schedule "snafu" and would be unable to meet with me. After requesting a phone interview because this would be one of the three persons making a decison on the job, was told they would try. Two days later I got an e-mail thanking me and saying the job had been filled. Why the hell fly me in and do that?
My impression -- nice people but a bunch of dolts when it comes to the hiring process!

We must be twins. All I can add is that based on the number of jobs I see on these job boards is either that Home Depot just wants to get its name out there, or they are on a real hiring binge. Either way, when I applied it took them almost two months to contact me from the time I filled out a form on their website. They are woefully disorganized. I can only quote from a survey the London Financial Times did in 1989. “In a survey conducted some years ago among a dozen
top United Kingdom employers, it was discovered that
the chances of an employer finding a good employee
through the hiring-interview was only 3-percent better
than if they had picked a name out of a hat. In a
further ironic finding, it was discovered that if the
interview was conducted by someone who would be
working directly with the candidate, the success rate
dropped to 2 percent below that of picking a name out
of a hat. And, if the interview was conducted by a
so-called human resources expert, the success rate
dropped to 10 percent below that of picking a name out
of a hat.” That's from the London Financial Times as quoted in the book, "What Color is Your Parachute?"
I think that pretty much says it all.

James in Fayetteville, Georgia

91 months ago

I actually did interview for an open position recently. After the second interview I was told that I did not come across as a strong enough manager to be considered. Interesting enough every one who knows me tells me I should tone down my "maverick" personality and strong decision making tendency so I could get a better consensus and buy in before forging ahead. So they came away with a totally incorrect read on my personality. A previous poster was correct on the interview process. It is a pregenerated questionaire that asks situational and role playing questions, often with no "correct" answer. You are judged by the answers given to these canned situations. In no circumstance was any of my references contacted for an independant observation of my personality.

But, is any other interview process really any different? I can't say that Home Depot's process is really a bad thing. you have a shot to make an impression if you are asked to interview. That about all anyone is given. An no, I did not get the position.

Tami in Saint Louis, Missouri

91 months ago

mrs. neal said:
i currently work for HD, and know that through the interview process for the Addison Call Center, Home Depot does not conduct the interviews. A staffing company named Spherion interviews qualified candidates and informs you if an offer is going to be extended.

NOT IN ST. LOUIS

sounds like coca cola!!!!!

91 months ago

your very last line----about the person doing 3 peoples jobs-instead of the company
helping with another head.......

the settlement clerk is the same way there--in Lancaster--I pity the new employee they get to work there...heads up!!!

Roy P. said:

I use to work at HD. I worked there for almost 17 years. About 5 years ago they desided to downsize and make it very hard on employees. All the experienced employees(like me) left. Now all the see in the stores are inexperienced young kids. I never go to HD to buy something, unless I can't get at another store. The reason most the jobs(they advertise) are never filled is because of the salaries they are paying or the workload for the jobs.Having one person doing the job that 3 people should be doing.

Matthew in Las Vegas, Nevada

91 months ago

sounds like coca cola!!!!! said: your very last line----about the person doing 3 peoples jobs-instead of the company
helping with another head.......
the settlement clerk is the same way there--in Lancaster--I pity the new employee they get to work there...heads up!!!

I sent off my resume to home depot and they called me in 2 days and set up a phone interview and now have set up a store interview, maybe you all are qualified for what they are looking for

Ron in Peoria, Arizona

91 months ago

If Depot is such a crappy employer, as you say. Then why are they the second largest retailer in the world!! and why do you keep applying? they have a brief test in the initial application process that weeds out the applicants like yourself, in which you did not pass.

Lynne in Bangor, Michigan

91 months ago

I applied to home depot and was called for an interview. They do keep job postings listed for 30 days even if the position has been filled. Although I didn't get hired I was interviewed which shows they are looking.

Ray CDL A X in Atlanta, Georgia

91 months ago

mac said:
I agree with you! It is easy to set up an autoresponder which says thank you for your reply...if your qualifications match...

Yes, INDEED!
HD went through this entire nationwide ad blasting campaign in late Nov./early Dec. They were all over the net and in most major and middle size newspapers for 45 days or more.
I decided to apply copiously , after applying locally and in the area, NEVER having gotten a yes/no/hello.
I applied for at least 100!!! of these driver positions, from california to colorado to wyoming to Texas and even a few down south.
I have heard nothing to date, and now HERE THEY GO AGAIN!
Frankly, I believe they are using the campaign to build up an email list as well as a snail mail address list of prospective customers, for their lame sales brochures.
Anybody feel the same about this? It's obviously not their main intent to hire anyone, they have probably collected tens of thousands of replies by now!

van in Richmond, Vermont

91 months ago

John Florida said: Home Depot should not be allowed to post jobs
I AGREE.... IM ONE FRUSTRATED INDEED.COM USER!!

Quintin (Florida)

91 months ago

I agree with you, Indeed should ban Home Depot from posting jobs, all the others Monster, Career, Hot Jobs, etc should also ban Home Depot from posting jobs

Bubba in Los Angeles, California

91 months ago

It raises an interesting question. Home Depot must be spending huge piles of money on advertising everywhere like that. If they're not really hiring, why are they spending the money?

KB

91 months ago

One doesn't have to be a great employer to be in the top retailers in the country. Being good or fair to employees isn't part of the criteria. Just look at #1 and all the bad press they get for not providing employee benefits,etc. yet people continue to shop there because the have the lowest prices and the most variety. "Crappy" employers can get by with being that way because of the lack of decent paying job. People will take a job with a "crappy" employer instead of letting their families go without and ruining their credit. One of these days, the tables will turn and the crappy employers will be left with the crappy employees if they don't shape up.

kari in Arvada, Colorado

91 months ago

van said: I AGREE.... IM ONE FRUSTRATED INDEED.COM USER!!
Indeed.com is not the person to blame. Cuz they are just helping you by bringing jobs from all over into one platform. Middle men. Not in charge. DUH

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Lancaster

91 months ago

Ditto--I opened my email and there it was the very 1st job ...admin/shipping/receiving clerk!!!

Billy G

91 months ago

I asked a Home Depot person, how do you get a job with home depot

he told me '' you do not want to work at home depot, it pays nothing and no capable people, highly advised mem stay away from home depot

lyn in Cleveland, Ohio

91 months ago

Been helping with job search for company members and friends for years. HD posts the same jobs over and over every 6 months or so the same jobs for warehouse/distribution/operations are lister. Submit resumes for guys with 15-20 years experience...never a response. A competitor of there's did reply to one...was so excited about candidate, they sent airline ticket overnight, rented him large SUV, gave 3 nights in a hotel. Raved about his experience, said his reputation was great, was excited to get him.....when he went to meet them, they all looked shocked...first comment to him was "we hired an old guy once". He never heard from them and they wouldnt return calls...he is 56...

Ray Mellas

91 months ago

Yes, I see a similar pattern.
I continue to believe that HD is only using this mass "hiring" campaign to build both email and snail mail lists for future sales efforts.
I have emailed HD investor relations asking for comment...no answer...
I have emailed the FTC requesting that they look into the possibility that HD is circumventing the no call/no junk mail laws by building a fresh list in this manner.

91 months ago

Indeed has taken a look at your concerns over the outdated job listings. They have removed the outdated Home Depot listings and have put measures in place so they do not return.

Dave Winkleman in Commerce Township, Michigan

91 months ago

My neighbor laughed at this. He had 25 years experience and applied for a corporate job at HD. Showed me his resume and he fit the profile perfectly, except he was "older." He went for an interview and they wound up hiring some kid who was 30 with little experience! Don't tell me they are not discriminating when it comes to age.

lyn said: Been helping with job search for company members and friends for years. HD posts the same jobs over and over every 6 months or so the same jobs for warehouse/distribution/operations are lister. Submit resumes for guys with 15-20 years experience...never a response. A competitor of there's did reply to one...was so excited about candidate, they sent airline ticket overnight, rented him large SUV, gave 3 nights in a hotel. Raved about his experience, said his reputation was great, was excited to get him.....when he went to meet them, they all looked shocked...first comment to him was "we hired an old guy once". He never heard from them and they wouldnt return calls...he is 56...

John

91 months ago

You really said it right

Home Depot does not get back to anyone

i have no respect for Home Depot anymore

HDemployee in Port Mann, British Columbia

91 months ago

Found jobs easy to get in my area but the employment picture here is rosy

john Stupid in Dallas, Texas

91 months ago

Home depot is the worst company to work for. They only want people that are dummer than the person interviewing them. If they sense that you have more on the ball than they do then they do not want you. From what a friend says who works there act stupid and act like you will follow blind off of a clif and you can get on. I personally shop at Lowes.

ray in Broseley, Missouri

91 months ago

I have turned them over to the FTC for unfair advertising practices. FTC has acknowledged the complaint.

John

91 months ago

Good for you, hope the FTC does something about it

Edward, David in Akron, Ohio

91 months ago

Have had help from a employment agency to enter the work force at HD. Ammazed; the store manager quickly set up an interview. - Well kind of. It was like pulling teeth. No sence of phone ediquite, had to ask what day, what time, whom should I report to. [ Hello! & they called me? ] With date finally set, and appointment kept.
Interview took about 25 minutes. The really distrubing thing that happened, was a phone call from a person asking about his/her interview. The manager told this person that the [ Company ] had a marker on their application as a > Non Re-hire.
Really think that a call back to this person should have been in place during another persons interview.
After, I was told that I would hear from them within the week. We double checked phone numbers. And I left.
Sounded hopeful.
So now more than a week has passed. And no call back. And after reading most of the postings here, aparently
this is a blessing in disguise and no suprise.
Finally. I should really hope that any employment agency and or your local State Employment Agency; have taken time to log onto this eye opening discussion page.
ps. We can all thank Ronald Regan, for screwing up the only thing that give you any voice in the new work place.
Dare I say it...... Unions.

Nora in San Antonio, Texas

91 months ago

Wow! Is it my imagination or is Indeed the Home Depot jobs board? It sure seems that Home Depot is the only employer on this board. What if you would like to work for an employer with an ACTUAL soul? Guess we're out of luck here...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.