Home Depot Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Home Depot?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

john

94 months ago

any tips for my phone interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (503) / No (84) Reply - Report abuse

BB in Cantonment, Florida

94 months ago

Its typically a structured interview with about 15 - 20 questions about how you would handle situations and role playing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (218) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

sheela in Bakersfield, California

94 months ago

i just had a ph interview
they ask whatever is in your resume in detail they ask what type of environment you would like to work with

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

Jime in Euless, Texas

93 months ago

I am set for an interview in the store, was looking for some tips too. i am told there will be 3 to 4 timed tests! do i bring my calculator? yikes,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (297) / No (53) Reply - Report abuse

Derek Hansbrough in Los Angeles, California

93 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Home Depot?
Any advice on striking the right note?
The Interview Process Is Basic, They Want To Know In The Interview, They Seek People With A Great Attitude, Willing To Learn New Job Skills On The Job, And They Want You To Always Be Available For Overtime, And You Must Be A People Person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (75) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Sara in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

I have an interview with Home Depot as an HR Manager. Can you give me some tips for what they are looking for and how to get an offer out of the interview?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (129) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

hardworkin lady in California, California

59 months ago

Sara in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I have an interview with Home Depot as an HR Manager. Can you give me some tips for what they are looking for and how to get an offer out of the interview?

Thanks!

Hello,
As a former long term HD Manager I will tell you that it is somewhat arbitrary. Some of the HR individuals are not exactly professional and do not stick to the structured guide that the company sets out. If the system is the same, you might take several written assessments and complete an interview with two HR Managers. If you are seriously looking for an offer, stress your willingness to work any hours and don't mention anything that sounds like you may have interests, hobbies or family that will take time away from the company. I know that sounds harsh but it is the honest truth. Also, take a hardline with your salary - increases are minimal at best and, in the current economy, the feeling appears to be that there is a wealth of talent and few jobs so you can "bargian hire".

I wish you all the best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (74) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Sara in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

hardworkin lady in California, California said: Hello,
As a former long term HD Manager I will tell you that it is somewhat arbitrary. Some of the HR individuals are not exactly professional and do not stick to the structured guide that the company sets out. If the system is the same, you might take several written assessments and complete an interview with two HR Managers. If you are seriously looking for an offer, stress your willingness to work any hours and don't mention anything that sounds like you may have interests, hobbies or family that will take time away from the company. I know that sounds harsh but it is the honest truth. Also, take a hardline with your salary - increases are minimal at best and, in the current economy, the feeling appears to be that there is a wealth of talent and few jobs so you can "bargian hire".

I wish you all the best.

Thank you this feedback will be very helpful. I was told I will have to take several written tests based on leadership, HR knowledge, and Customer Service. Are the tests seriously written? Why so old-fashioned? Why not do them on the computer? What are they looking for in these tests? Grammar, spelling, content, flow, etc? I feel like I am to write an SAT essay!

Thank you!!

Sara

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bayou in West Monroe, Louisiana

55 months ago

Sara in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Thank you so much for your feedback. I had my interview last week and received a call on Wednesday for my second interview! But here again I am stumped. I am interviewing with the same person I had my first interview with. Do you have any idea what will be asked in the second interview? Also, will it be a standard interview forum or will there be a store walk-through or anything? I am just curious as to what they are going to ask given that I have already spent 45 min interviewing with the same woman, and they know all about my Customer Service, Leadership, and HR knowledge from the tests. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

vir

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

DGHiscock in St. John's, Newfoundland

19 months ago

I just recently competed a phone interview, in person interview and the written acumen tests. I unfortunately did not get the position. In a follow up conversation, I was told directly that while my answers in the sit down interview were good, Home Depot uses a system that scores every answer based on key points and an anticipated response. The system is very focused and looks to exploit certain traits and comments. You may have an extensive background and education, but unless you hit the key words or phrases in the interview you may score low.

This seems very antiquated and does not truely reflect a persons ability. If you are full of BS and can shoot it fast, you are almost guarranteed to be selected.

Good Luck...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

krystel_pr in Chatsworth, California

18 months ago

Hello there everyone! I recently applied for home depot as a cashier, I am looking to move up in the company and I was told I will be getting a phone interview shortly from the HR Manager. What types of questions will they be asking for this interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Neveen in Van Nuys, California

17 months ago

I need a job Home Depot is characterized by precision and order and cleanliness and excellence, I am I would be happy if dealt with you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Randy Brooks in Calgary, Alberta

17 months ago

Home depot Cashier jobs question2.what would you do if a customer asked you about a product or service and you didnot know the answer?
a. how would you respond to the customer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (99) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

mizsaggy in Chatsworth, California

6 months ago

I applied via the internet last week, i was wondering how long does it take them to make contact with you once the assessment is complete. I did well on all the assessments,BUT,the math took longer and i timer out right in the middle of a math question,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.