Home Depot

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 86)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Quintin

96 months ago

Has anyone noticed that Home Depot has more negative comments that any other company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (63) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Ken in Rock Springs, Wyoming

95 months ago

Its because they are an absolutley horrid company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Danielle in Buffalo, New York

95 months ago

Murphy said: This is a terrible company to work for. Promotions are not based on a persons qualifications but on who is the better "game player." There are many employees who have no business working there but because they know how to play the game or are liked by their supervisors still hold positions.
You are completely right. I was wondering if that was only the way it worked in stores in this area...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

GH in Stockton, California

95 months ago

Ass kissing and or crawling under the bosses desk seems to work everywhere that I've been so it's nothing new and doesn't surprise me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Aaron

95 months ago

Can we add Apple Valley,CA to the list of the worst Home Depots.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Duh in North Port, Florida

94 months ago

The local supervisors and managers for the Home Depot in our area seem to be of the "mouth breather" category.

Not much hope here.

P.S. the pay is crap and the job is worse...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

zabb in Brea, California

94 months ago

The new HD opened in APPLE VALLEY, Ca. The proud home of Roy Rogers and Dale Evans is now the center of four detention centers and the minicipal hub is located in an area dubbed FELONY FLATS. A Better way of life, indeed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

N/A in Stockbridge, Georgia

89 months ago

I worked at the SSC as a contractor for a PMO and I was let go because I did not play the game well. I was bending over backwards to do a good job and was not told anything different than that I was doing a good job but came in one day and was told it was my last day. Only to find out later that the manager let me go to hire a friend of their's. This was so unfair and this company has a long way to go. I do not want to work for a company that does not respect there employees and and want people who can get the job done. Their lost!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Home Depot Gossip in Houston, Texas

89 months ago

I heard this story from a Ex-Constuction Contractor - EX-Home Depot employee all about his experience. He always had a helpful attitude and was there for everyone at where he worked. He saw over the years of employment the younger less knowledgeable employees would get hired and slowly the old ones just did not show up to work only to be told "They are no longer working here." He was the Employee of the Month for years everyone like him but someone new came into be the store manager and one day claimed that he was mean to another employees, lied saying he laid his hands on them and also customers complained about him, and a few days after being written up, he later lost his job, no retirement, no pension. He later talked with other employee that he had worked with for so many years to hear the bad things that were being said about he after he was gone. How is that right? He did not fight it therefore that company will keep getting away with that kind of way of doing business. And just how many other business are just like that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

SirLancelot in Atlanta, Georgia

89 months ago

thats b/c its so badly managed - point blank. upper mgmt is intersted in protecting their jobs and they do so by low wages, threats and hiring entry people who eventually figure out how bad it is. this company will NEVER be at the level it once was no matter who is CEO - until they clean house, stay away.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Glad to be out in New Orleans, Louisiana

89 months ago

Murphy in Cleveland, Ohio said: This is a terrible company to work for. Promotions are not based on a persons qualifications but on who is the better "game player." There are many employees who have no business working there but because they know how to play the game or are liked by their supervisors still hold positions.

You are absolutely right! I worked there for several years at the SSC in Atlanta.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

You'll only understand, in Franklin, Massachusetts

89 months ago

Their are stores that the management teams have BA's in business and management, therefore they are very sucessful stores; happy employees; happy customers=Sales. Very few. What actually takes place is that thay may have promoted a hard worker; followed all the programs, made sales, and was noticed by the management team. This person amy not be a people person but understood the process. His or her mentor may not have been a people person either and they mimic their skillset.
In any business, thier are quotas to make-from VP's to AVP's to District Mgr's to Store Mgr's it's how you deliver that message to your team where the disconnect is. Somehow each manager has to pay back to corporate for the sq footage of the store/Sales are the key..if sales are slow, which are the troubling times now, cuts have to come from elsewhere...
Your employess are your most important asset, with proper training and team building, creates a atmostphere that fun and exciting for the customer. This is Home Depot's major problem, they put the customer first. Don't misunderstand me -Customer is the paycheck, but you need to have a work force that is thrilled and challanged to perform. All should be acknowledged by the management team-Practice what they preach, and start with the employees. Provide hello's and thank-you are for free-Respect which is in their Value wheel.
I don't understand how they can expect the management team to work 70+ hours weekly and stay healthly and have a stable home life. Some one should do a health study on those who have worked there in 5 to 10 years and check out their bad knees and backs, for walking on those cement floors 12+ hour daily. Then again, there is a reason for high turnover-burn out. You rarely see long term employment with HD.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

srenes62@gmail.com in Crawfordsville, Indiana

89 months ago

Murphy in Cleveland, Ohio said: This is a terrible company to work for. Promotions are not based on a persons qualifications but on who is the better "game player." There are many employees who have no business working there but because they know how to play the game or are liked by their supervisors still hold positions.

Tell me about it, I work three years for them. Was department head for 2 areas (one at time). When a resets for the company(getting up at 2:00 am or early to be there at 4:00 am). I drove over a hour to get there. Did my own reset, and was let go because the NEW MANAGER, thought I was not doing enough for my department. One week before that, a guy(a favorite of the boss) was given the second position of department while keeping his other department. He soon learned how hard it was and stepdown. He was allow to step down, I was told I could not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Do something about it in Saint Louis, Missouri

89 months ago

If you want to create change, why not start by doing something that is tangible with a goal and purpose. Tell people about what you are doing and get them involved. Why complain? Makes ya feel better? It doesn't do anything. No excuses, just results. No one changes, not even you, if you are not held accountable. I am respected in my job and I jump out of the box everyday. I love the Home Depot. I am the Home Depot. And I affect change. From within. The only thing that matters in retail is the customer. Help to make the world a better place by actually doing something in it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (35) Reply - Report abuse

MIke in Concord, California

89 months ago

you are lucky if that is how it works for you...I worked my ass of for 3 months trying to make a difference and stay positive... treating me badly...carma will get them all in the end I go visit the store just to see how much better my life is without them...I love watching them squirm when I walk around the store

Do something about it in Saint Louis, Missouri said: If you want to create change, why not start by doing something that is tangible with a goal and purpose. Tell people about what you are doing and get them involved. Why complain? Makes ya feel better? It doesn't do anything. No excuses, just results. No one changes, not even you, if you are not held accountable. I am respected in my job and I jump out of the box everyday. I love the Home Depot. I am the Home Depot. And I affect change. From within. The only thing that matters in retail is the customer. Help to make the world a better place by actually doing something in in

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MIke in Concord, California

89 months ago

HD san ramon management is run like the S...all of the recieving guys wear black shirt ALWAYS.. no kidding and they all Stick together eccept for the one who killed himself in January...I shouold have seen it coming that this place was a Nightmare. I have a lot of friends that still work there and they are still mistreated just like all the comments I have read on this page

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Rhonda Gibson in Cary, North Carolina

89 months ago

I belive so. I worked for Home Depot in Mesquite, TX. Our store manager's name was Jim and he was the best in the business. The cohesiveness between us all made us feel like one big family. The store was run "by the book" exactly the way the founders intended for it to run. We were so busy, our store went to 24hrs. We were STILL overwhelmed with business that they had to build a SECOND STORE within a mile of our location. I think its the general attitude in this area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

SirLancelot in Atlanta, Georgia said: thats b/c its so badly managed - point blank. upper mgmt is intersted in protecting their jobs and they do so by low wages, threats and hiring entry people who eventually figure out how bad it is. this company will NEVER be at the level it once was no matter who is CEO - until they clean house, stay away.

I'm interested in hearing more of what you have to say.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

You'll only understand, in Franklin, Massachusetts said: Their are stores that the management teams have BA's in business and management, therefore they are very sucessful stores; happy employees; happy customers=Sales. Very few. What actually takes place is that thay may have promoted a hard worker; followed all the programs, made sales, and was noticed by the management team. This person amy not be a people person but understood the process. His or her mentor may not have been a people person either and they mimic their skillset.
In any business, thier are quotas to make-from VP's to AVP's to District Mgr's to Store Mgr's it's how you deliver that message to your team where the disconnect is. Somehow each manager has to pay back to corporate for the sq footage of the store/Sales are the key..if sales are slow, which are the troubling times now, cuts have to come from elsewhere...
Your employess are your most important asset, with proper training and team building, creates a atmostphere that fun and exciting for the customer. This is Home Depot's major problem, they put the customer first. Don't misunderstand me -Customer is the paycheck, but you need to have a work force that is thrilled and challanged to perform. All should be acknowledged by the management team-Practice what they preach, and start with the employees. Provide hello's and thank-you are for free-Respect which is in their Value wheel.
I don't understand how they can expect the management team to work 70+ hours weekly and stay healthly and have a stable home life. Some one should do a health study on those who have worked there in 5 to 10 years and check out their bad knees and backs, for walking on those cement floors 12+ hour daily. Then again, there is a reason for high turnover-burn out. You rarely see long term employment with HD.

You seem to have a balanced perspective here. I agree that there ARE successful HD stores....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

ArtUnlimited in Sumter, South Carolina

88 months ago

Hi, given all the experience at Home Depot, what do you think is the best job based on stress level and pay at this company? Note that working like a dog for high wages has no appeal to me, although I'm anything but lazy. I want balance in my life and good compensation for a job well done.

My guess would be either cross-merchandiser or kitchen designer. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Wizzard in Weirton, West Virginia

88 months ago

I worked for the home depot... Not someplace you want for a career...When i was there, they were in the process of getting rid of people with a lot of time and high money earners.... You will work oddball shifts. 3 different shifts per week, split days off and hardly ever a weekend off.. They are into hiring people with no experience or knowledge. Their big kick is " just smile and talk to people...Not a place you want to make a living at.... If you dont kiss up, your on the hit list....
>You would be better off at McDonalds<

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

notcuteenough in Portage, Michigan

88 months ago

the truth about h.d. is it has potential, and if your a woman you have potential,(if your store mgr wants in your pants.) The Good Ol Boys network is still in place. The management hires bases pay and promotions based on looks not qualifications, if you are female. And you will always make less than the guy next to you (he may not even have the experience you have) Oh and God help you if you have a brain and mouth and question the system. If you ask questions and wonder how they can behave so badly toward their staff, one can look forward to a P.I.P. The fix to the problem, Get Rid of The Good Ol Boys that were put in place under Bob and get mgrs that don't think with their pants.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

maryrose in New Smyrna Beach, Florida

88 months ago

Yes! I have to agree that Home Depot is all about who you know and what you know. Due to the way this company is going within a fews years I see them going down the drain or changing their name. This is suppose to be a family store, but it is more like the lets make a deal game. When good workers make an innocent mistake they should at least give a worning,And a opportunity to fix it, but no they use the customers or their own employees as an excuse to fire good people for the most stupid reasons, but they do not see what actually is going on right under their nose with management. Not to mention that New Smyrna Beach is one of the most prejudice town in the state. Anyway it's their lost and my gain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

m in Kingston, New York

88 months ago

I worked for the Homey D. for a long time. My mistake was being female. The guys there get paid more and advance quicker. The area where I worked was predominately a black neighborhood but , funny, we only had white folks at our store with a couple of hispanic people for good measure. Recently I received papers that Home Depot wanted to buy back stocks. Looks like theyre in trouble. It was only a matter of time once Bernie and Arthur left.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

skrewed in Des Plaines, Illinois

88 months ago

I just moved out to Des Plaines IL from Chicago. I currently work at the Evanston Home Depot, and have been put on a 90 day improvement plan. I was one of the strongest supervisors in the store, now they are out to get me. It all started when i asked to be transfered. I moved in with my father who is a fully disabled Vietnam Veteran, to help him out and get back in school. I asked to be transfered a Home Depot closer to home because his condition is getting worse and i need to be around. I wanted to step down from my position as a department supervisor and become part time. I was told i could not, but in their SOP (Standard Opperating Procedures) i meet two of the reasons why i should be able to. Long story a little shorter...I called their Awareline, and got no results. i will follow up but doubt it will do any good. i out perform every supervisor in the building, but i'm being screwed over and treated unfairly because i am trying to transfer stores.... what a great company...lol if anyone has any ideas at all or wants more info, hit me up....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HearMeBlog in Buffalo, New York

88 months ago

Dear Buffalo District Manager,
Please do an entire store survey on what your associates feel about their Human Resources Manager. You really need to know what is going on. Since many associates have called the Hotline for Concerns and your hourly associates are spending more time talking about what isn't being done that what can be done, I would argue that you have a huge problem with morale. The morale problem reflects on the associates' willingness (or lack there of) to provide customer service. Talk on the sales floor (hourly and managerial positions) is that your HR manager is incompetent and untouchable as far as discipline. Please check this out. She is the foundation of some of your more serious issues. Stop turning a blind eye.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lisey jensen in Schenectady, New York

87 months ago

Dear HearMeBlog, we have the same issue here in Albany area (NY) HR are NEVER helping employees, everybody must know this basic before applying for a job at THD. Concerning the "morale" issue, let me laugh out loud : what "morale" can you expect from a company who falsisied his own stocks?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

This is a typical unlawfull act of age discrimination, and slander from THD. We are now on this kind of conflict here in NY and we would like to tell you that if you are 50 and ++, beware : you are the target for a pretextual termination.
Pretextual termination means that THD is going on building some false pretext to fire you right away, because NY state allow the principle of 'AT WILL' contract. So an employer can fire you as soon as they want BUT the at-will contact does not allow them to make slanderous comments about your termination.
Contact me if you need more information. Good Day & Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

M in Kinston ( hello, NY !) why don't you file for sex discrimination with the EEOC ? Contact me if you need help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Dear District Manager in the Buffalo area,
Is your store run by the HR manager or do you employ store and assistants to do that job? I do not want to use this forum as a gripe session; however, your number that you give to all associates to call with concerns doesn't work and is apparent by the calls made and the actions taken.
I know you are aware of the issues, you'd have to be completely incompetent not to, which I do not believe is the case. I ask you, why then can you not make changes and make them quickly? Your good ol' boy system is coming to a quick end. I believe that your Amherst store is full of hard working hourly and salaried employees that feel there is plenty of hand slapping yet lacking the praise when good work is done. What, if anything is done to show appreciation? The patch program will only go so far. Does HD teach people how to manage people, not just numbers? You guys are missing the human element and without that, eventually all will fail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

skrewed in Des Plaines, Illinois said: I just moved out to Des Plaines IL from Chicago. I currently work at the Evanston Home Depot, and have been put on a 90 day improvement plan. I was one of the strongest supervisors in the store, now they are out to get me. It all started when i asked to be transfered. I moved in with my father who is a fully disabled Vietnam Veteran, to help him out and get back in school. I asked to be transfered a Home Depot closer to home because his condition is getting worse and i need to be around. I wanted to step down from my position as a department supervisor and become part time. I was told i could not, but in their SOP (Standard Opperating Procedures) i meet two of the reasons why i should be able to. Long story a little shorter...I called their Awareline, and got no results. i will follow up but doubt it will do any good. i out perform every supervisor in the building, but i'm being screwed over and treated unfairly because i am trying to transfer stores.... what a great company...lol if anyone has any ideas at all or wants more info, hit me up....

Dear Des Plains, I know of another employee that was told that they were not able to step down in the store. Silly enough, this employee wanted to apply for another job within the HD, just at a different location. The HR manager told the associate that "wasn't possible". The associate wrote a resignation letter, it got denied. Wrote another one which was approved. Stepped down then was hired for another position in which came a small monetary incentive as well. The associate moved with help from another associate. This whole process never made much sense to me. "Thank you for your dedication to our company, but you cannot do anything different" attitude. Oh, yes you can (as an after thought) and the new manager gives a raise. Hmmmm. My guess is that no one at HQ is aware of these issues. Please do yourself a favor and write a letter to corportate. Best wishe

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Do something about it in Saint Louis, Missouri said: If you want to create change, why not start by doing something that is tangible with a goal and purpose. Tell people about what you are doing and get them involved. Why complain? Makes ya feel better? It doesn't do anything. No excuses, just results. No one changes, not even you, if you are not held accountable. I am respected in my job and I jump out of the box everyday. I love the Home Depot. I am the Home Depot. And I affect change. From within. The only thing that matters in retail is the customer. Help to make the world a better place by actually doing something in it.

Dear Doing Something in St Louis,
I respect you for being an associate of action. I hope that not only do you love your job, I also hope that the people you manage respect you for that. Your blog was well written and I commend you for your loyalty to the company and the employees. Maybe you should ask for a position where you can do corporate training with other managers. I believe that there are not enough of you out there. Continue to make that difference!

I don't think all blogs are a complaining session, apparent by the last election, blogs do make a difference when the right people read them. This gives Average Joe the opportunity to make SOMETHING of nothing--even if it is just a little bit. Glass is half full. Enjoy your day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jan Winter in orlando, Florida

87 months ago

It is the same at our store. If you make a big show of kissing up to the store manager , you are in the bag. No wrong can you do, get written up by dept. head, VOC complaints, never in your department. Mouth off to customers ,no problem.
Just put on the show for the boss and you are gold.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jan Winter in orlando, Florida

87 months ago

We have new hires who should never been hired. They just know who to play to. The do -nothings get all of the customer service and Homer awards. These are people who are written up, Bad VOC,. Even department heads and ASM's know ,Store manager loves them .

blessed one in Saint Louis, Missouri

87 months ago

Home Dept has a way of firing who they want to fire at their convenience when they want to fire them. I know a couple of people at my store who should have been fired because they are constantly rude to customers and the csrs have reported them to managers themselves and more than one manager. But when a csr is sending in letters about you and putting good comments in the voc about you, you dont get anything. They use you how they want to use for how ever many departments they want to use you for but dont want o give you a O on your review.

California Labor Law Attorney in Long Beach, California

87 months ago

Home Depot has faced many challenges in the labor area including losing a certification motion for overtime wage. While it was ultimately reversed, nevertheless, individuals are coming forward to claim their overtime especially in the assistant manager area.

missvi1 in local, Florida

86 months ago

I have been reading this forum and have come to the conclusion that all you disgruntled employees have an axe to grind, whether it be here or another place. If you are unhappy at work you are doing a disservice to the company and yourself. You need to find another job you are going to be happy at. In todays job market there is no "palace" to work at. Every job has it's pitfalls and rewards. If you can find no rewards, it's time to move on. There is life after Home Depot and you have to want it in order to get it. Stop complaining and move on. I do not agree on the age discrimination, the kiss-ass, or the color thing. If you are human and do a good job, that is what you are hired for. If not, well... Gossip and finding fault is not part of the job description. I am purple, 69, and don't kiss-ass. If I didn't like what I am doing, for sure, I would move on, as I don't have to work at HD. I feel no discrimination, get along well with others and do my job. What's wrong with this picture?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

donald whitton in Kansas City, Missouri

85 months ago

I currently work for THD. I was in the Army for seven years and then did construction for two before being hired as a department supervisor. I can see where a lot of people are getting their perceptions, but my experiences thus far have been good.

Initially I was happy to be hired straight into a supervisor role. It didn't take long to realize that I was over my head, but they provided the training and coaching necessary for me to develop the skill sets needed. They have the sort of sink or swim platform set up as it is to weed through individuals that will be successful in their management long term. Unfortunately a lot of times they will not allow you to go from supervisor to a lesser position. This does not play out well for those with tenure that cannot adapt into a management role.

They do have the employment at will policy. They have, however, used the three step process they have set up to give the associate time to develop and change. I have reached level three in two categories and was nearly terminated. I had medical reasons, but did not share them with HR until late due to my own stubbornness. Once aware they have made every accommodation possible.

I have noticed that they do give the utmost respect to those that have longevity. They incorporate their input as though it was coming from a member of the management team. I work side by side with an individual that is now an hourly associate, but was once salaried management.

I was post Bob Nardelli, but am told that we are trying to get back to the grass roots. We have been undergoing change and all of them so far have been for the better in my opinion. There policies that need reform, but that can be said with any orginization.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

donald whitton in Kansas City, Missouri

85 months ago

We are often understaffed for the customer base that we demand. This is for two reasons. The first reason is that the area in which my home depot is located has a low average ticket, but high sales. This means we have a lot of people making smaller purchases, but the amount of hours alloted are based on over all sales. The second is our store tries to save hours for the off season so that we can give full time employees all their hours, without bleeding the store dry of all profit.

I know that the management team I work for cares about the associates and customers. We are all excited in bringing change to make us a better employer and supplier of home improvement products. As anyone knows change does not occur over night.

I challenge anyone that has a positive or negative experience to fill out their customer surveys. Those are reviewed weekly in store meetings. We give a monetary reward to individuals that are mentioned three times for excellent customer service.

Brian Kelly in Egg Harbor City, New Jersey

85 months ago

Quintin said: Has anyone noticed that Home Depot has more negative comments that any other company

Eh that's because unfortunately the company who USED to be a GREAT company to work for has been diminished to basically two groups...

The WORKERS.. or the people who do what needs to be done to make the money..

And the SLUGS.. most of which are in management who basically do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but believe they are undercompensated...

Home Depot has gone from a great company to basically a glorified federal employer with ABSOLUTELY no oversight.. they are COMPLETELY Out of control...

Stay away.... Your sanity and your family's sanity will thank you.

Don't even shop there.. they are insane and completely ignorant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

missvi1 in local, Florida said: I have been reading this forum and have come to the conclusion that all you disgruntled employees have an axe to grind, whether it be here or another place. If you are unhappy at work you are doing a disservice to the company and yourself. You need to find another job you are going to be happy at. In todays job market there is no "palace" to work at. Every job has it's pitfalls and rewards. If you can find no rewards, it's time to move on. There is life after Home Depot and you have to want it in order to get it. Stop complaining and move on. I do not agree on the age discrimination, the kiss-ass, or the color thing. If you are human and do a good job, that is what you are hired for. If not, well... Gossip and finding fault is not part of the job description. I am purple, 69, and don't kiss-ass. If I didn't like what I am doing, for sure, I would move on, as I don't have to work at HD. I feel no discrimination, get along well with others and do my job. What's wrong with this picture?

I was the best salesperson in the Entire South Jersey Region for over 2 years..

And I was fired for taking off one weekend in 4 years less than 5 days after the birth of a second child... Care to tell me your stories about the "Palace"?

The HOME DEPOT is LOST... Nardelli started it and the place is a rudderless ship on the way to Arthur Andersen Bankruptcy.. Count on it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

donald whitton in Kansas City, Missouri said: We are often understaffed for the customer base that we demand. This is for two reasons. The first reason is that the area in which my home depot is located has a low average ticket, but high sales. This means we have a lot of people making smaller purchases, but the amount of hours alloted are based on over all sales. The second is our store tries to save hours for the off season so that we can give full time employees all their hours, without bleeding the store dry of all profit.

I know that the management team I work for cares about the associates and customers. We are all excited in bringing change to make us a better employer and supplier of home improvement products. As anyone knows change does not occur over night.

I challenge anyone that has a positive or negative experience to fill out their customer surveys. Those are reviewed weekly in store meetings. We give a monetary reward to individuals that are mentioned three times for excellent customer service.

I don't work for you anymore but I do have ONE comment.

HAVE LESS STORE MEETINGS and More STORE WORK.... You do realize that about 10 people probably carry your store while the other 50 love to have "MEETINGS".

Want to know how I know this? Because I carried 3 or your stores in my lifetime ...

LOL... Meetings... ah the funniest thing ever... And then they give themselves little stars for a great JOB never done because they frankly can't get out of their chairs .. ROFL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AD in Bellflower, California

85 months ago

Ill tell you..there is no shortage of overtime complaints against them in California.

anyone work overtime? see if you are owed money at www.collectovertime.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AD in Bellflower, California

85 months ago

Many claims have been filed for overtime against Home Depot. I know a class case was filed too.

Check out paymeovertime.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KC in San Francisco, California

82 months ago

ArtUnlimited in Sumter, South Carolina said: Hi, given all the experience at Home Depot, what do you think is the best job based on stress level and pay at this company? Note that working like a dog for high wages has no appeal to me, although I'm anything but lazy. I want balance in my life and good compensation for a job well done.

My guess would be either cross-merchandiser or kitchen designer. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I am a kitchen designer for HD in the Bay area. I have a degree in interior design. When I was hired they promised me that I would be a designer within 3 months. It took me 2 1/2 years of pushing and screaming. When I was finally promoted I was given a 14 cent an hour raise. I have been a designer now for 2 years. I am excellent. I never make any mistakes and my clients love me. I am still the lowest paid designer in the store. By the way, I am a 60 year old woman. Think that has anything to do with it? The store is being sued by a customer whose kitchen was designed by a man who works with me because the design was so screwed up that all new appliances needed to be purchased. That guy makes $5.00 an hour more than I do. This upsets me so much I have to see a psychiatrist who just had to double my anti-depressant medication. All jobs at HD are stressful because they have no idea how to run a company. Good employees are fired for stupid reasons. Bad employees who are constantly screwing up and don't care are never fired. It is driving me mad!

carmencarmen in San Jose, California

82 months ago

horrible company to work for and i realize this after 18years of service the falsification of documents to cover thier butts is ridiculous.. im out of a job because of that managers hr and back stabbers.... hr will learn one day and it will be to late when their illegal activities are known

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

hi its carmen..please email me when we can talk.. things at the home depot are not what they appear... i probably can lend some insited to cases on the home depot... i beleive the way we were trewated as far as atteendance... not cocnsistent, falsified documents on attendance.. managers and hr are not acting and reacting to the very issues i want them to comply with... i have reg, human resourceds calling on me for information....what should i do and where should i go EEOC/STATE LABORBOARD/?

81 months ago

okay.. i will try to reach you this afternoon. ill be out half of the day on errand and would like to talk to you regarding what i know.. i beleive in ssome way there wwere some attorneyss that were to visit my store about a month and a half ago on how tthe company was tracking their attendance policy and they made up alot of numbers fast and started imprroperly processing paperwork... some asssociates were terminated without a cahnce and some associates in excess of the amount of points were covered up. i know for a fact that there is a class action on that ... theyve padded a lot of their numbers including unpaid overtime.. but if any one were to question iit.. outcast!

lisa in Valley Springs, California

81 months ago

Do something about it in Saint Louis, Missouri said: If you want to create change, why not start by doing something that is tangible with a goal and purpose. Tell people about what you are doing and get them involved. Why complain? Makes ya feel better? It doesn't do anything. No excuses, just results. No one changes, not even you, if you are not held accountable. I am respected in my job and I jump out of the box everyday. I love the Home Depot. I am the Home Depot. And I affect change. From within. The only thing that matters in retail is the customer. Help to make the world a better place by actually doing something in it.

KUDOS!!!! YOU NAILED IT!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lisa in Valley Springs, California

81 months ago

KUDOS!!!! YOU NAILED IT!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.