How to get a job at HSN.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Host

Do you work at HSN? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Jane in Odessa, Florida

89 months ago

Hound HR like nothing else. They're unresponsive and not well organized. I had to beat the door down over the course of several months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

un named

88 months ago

Jane said: Hound HR like nothing else. They're unresponsive and not well organized. I had to beat the door down over the course of several months.
I was laid off because of new MANAGEMENT last year and HR is of NO help to any employee

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jane in Odessa, Florida

88 months ago

un named said: I was laid off because of new MANAGEMENT last year and HR is of NO help to any employee

Indeed, they can't help get their own staffs filled up. I can imagine they are of no use to those who they've let go. Crazy enough they've laid off dozens, but have not managed to fill the positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

barb in Tampa, Florida

85 months ago

Host said: Do you work at HSN? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

you go to the website and follow instructions.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

clearwater, fl in Tampa, Florida

83 months ago

i've submitted my & I am beyond qualified having national brand experience. but i have yet to be called in for an interview. makes you wonder what type of hr dept. they've got. even my headhunter is dump founded! must be god telling me something.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jenda in New Port Richey, Florida

83 months ago

I submitted my resume online June 4, I was called June 7 to set up an interview. Today I had my interview (june 11) and was hired on the spot. I have much experience as an AE for several major fragrance companies. I guess it just depends on what they are looking for and if you have what they want.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Dallas, Texas

82 months ago

Boyfriend interviewed w/hr on a monday, hiring managers on a wednesday, flew to Tampa the following Monday and by the time his plane landed he had the job...I agree with Jenda, depends on the role and just how good you really are, and not how good you think you are.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Insider in Saint Petersburg, Florida

82 months ago

And remember, there is also such a thing as being "too good."

For every super-qualified star candidate there is a myriad of candidates who will do a good-enough (and even great) job for less pay, less benefits and less drama. Chances are they'll put up with a little more "company nonsense," shall we say, and stick around longer, too.

This is business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

I know first hand in st. pete, Florida

79 months ago

I just quit 2 weeks ago after working for 3 months, they are trying to fill the HSN.com positions so quickly-they don't care about any other open positions to be filled. I now know why the benefits are so great, because nothing else is. I wanted a position as a buyer (beauty), I was a buyer for Nordstrom already, then I moved to Florida. As I went into the interview I thought I was interviewing for a buying position (which that is what I was told). I made the dumb mistake of letting the recruiter talk me into a HSN.com postion for 3 months "to get to know the the business from the ground up-thats how everyone started even the vp". I said yes and what a stupid mistake-I was told by the several people training me I was over qualified for this position-DUH. After a month I asked when could I transfer-even had several hr meetings, you cannot transfer until 6 months-but could easily wait a yeat until the poition is available then you have to see if your supervisor would let you. If you go in for an interview---STAND YOUR GROUND

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jenna Pac in Bradenton, Florida

70 months ago

I have been applying for positions I've seen posted on the HSN website for several months now and have gotten no response! I recently graduated with my MBA and am qualified for several positions. Does anyone know if it would be best to try to get a hold of the departments in which the jobs are that I'm interested in? Or should I try to keep pestering HR? I've tried e-mailing someone who I was told is the recruiter, but of course I don't get a response. I would really like to work for this company! It's my #1 choice and I just don't understand why I don't hear anything when they are advertising open positions. Any other tips for me? Thanks for any advice!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

dave

45 months ago

would like to work as a rep overthe phone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dave

45 months ago

Host said: Do you work at HSN? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

e-mail dap46@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

dave

45 months ago

dave said: would like to work as a rep overthe phone

yes !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Frederica Chakhachiro in Roanoke, Virginia

6 months ago

dave said: yes !!!

Did you get in Dave? I want to be a phone rep and Work from home with HSN. I filled out the application and passed the test months ago. I don't know how to get my foot in the door. Can you help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.