How to get a job at Humana.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 264)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Humana? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Mable in Sterling Heights, Michigan

93 months ago

Bucky in Madison, WI in Madison, Wisconsin said: I responded to a Sales Representative position through Humana's website. A company recruiter called me for a phone interview and said that an interview w/ a Sales Manager would be scheduled within 5-7 days. About 5 days later the recruiter called me back and started conducting almost the same EXACT phone interview. I asked why she was doing this and she said Humana needed more information. It was quite obvious that she was covering up the fact that my previous interview information was lost/misplaced! Just another example of bad recruiting from a corporate monster.

I find your reply to be too harsh. The world does not owe you a great job! I worked at Humana for 18 months as a corporate recruiter and I know that the recruiters carry a very heavy workload, that does not make Humana a 'corporate monster'. It does sound like the recruiter mis-handled your profile/situation, but buck-up little boy, this happens at a lot of 'corporate monster' H.R. departments. Be persistent, try being pleasant, professional and positive and see if that eventually lands you a great job. Best Wishes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

Bucky in Madison, Wisconsin

93 months ago

Being a sales professional I understand the meaning of persistence, politeness, and professionalism. You should know this since being a recruiter is basically selling a company to prospective employees. I DO NOT expect a great job to be handed out but I do expect professional recruiting from a Fortune 500 corporation. I am simply discussing my experience with Humana recruiting and sharing it with other job seekers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Green Bay, Wisconsin

93 months ago

What I have found through several job searches at Humana, is that they put so much focus on having health insurance experience that they have blinders on, as to what valuable experience someone from another business area can bring them. They have outside HR contractors eliminating people from the talent pool, and they have taken it as gospel, that no one can be good for the company, if they did not come from a health insurance background. This is what limits Humana- they say they want innovation and creativity, but are unable to jump this hurdle. A fresh view of their business could bring them renewed success in their processes. Interestingly, their competitors, United Health and BCBS have no such problems- and are actually focusing on bringing in managers who have diverse backgrounds in business. I predict that these intelligent corporate giants will be much more successful in garnering new business, because they are not afraid of new ideas and perspectives.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Mable in Bothell, Washington

93 months ago

Bob, with respect I must point out that your observations are purely speculation and without foundation. I WORKED at Humana as a Corporate Recruiter. I sourced, interviewed and hired numerous managers with 90% of them coming from different industries such as automotive (they have great six-sigma experience), restaurant, consumer and hospital environments. You are right that a fresh-perspective is welcomed but so is a great attitude, an analytical mindset, a highly educated background and applicable skills for the job that you are applying for. I'm sorry your experience was not positive but I must also correct you regarding the outside industry hiring perspective.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Green Bay, Wisconsin

93 months ago

Mable, did you move from Sterling Heights, Michigan to Bothell,Washington? :-) Looking at the posts from above, just curious! No worries, I got the job I wanted at United Health late last week,and with no health insurance background, although a lot of great skills and valuable experience- and a wonderful attitude! I did come from automotive, from the Detroit- Dearborn area, have some Lean, Agile,and Six Sigma training under my belt, and my new supervisor is delighted to have me! I was not knocking your company, but was commenting on what I and a lot of my friends and acquantances have found over the years with your company. I haven't applied at Humana for some time, because every job description for leadership positions requires health insurance experience- that is why I applied at United Health!
I look forward now to applying my talents and skills for UHC's benefit. I hope you continue to recruit for Humana- they need an open mind as to what great benefits can come to their company, from having that fresh perspective, and not limiting themselves to just that- and everyone must remember that their particular profession operations can be learned by an intelligent person very, very quickly, but you cannot learn people skills and analytical thinking very easily- you either have it, or you don't. And you did not correct me, we were both right! Best of luck, wherever you are from!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

Hi Bob,

I still reside in Sterling Hts., MI.; I don't know why it assigned me another location and when I finish this message it may say I live somewhere else. Congratulations and all the best to you as you begin your new and exciting career at United Health. Looks like Humana lost out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jill in Green Bay, Wisconsin

92 months ago

Mable- Have you any advice as to how to get hired at Humana, if you do not have health insurance experience, but a great deal of other experience, including leadership, IT, Customer Service and a fine track record of past employment with corporations and large organizations? Whenever I have looked for positions that fit with my background, I am disqualified, and most of them, about 9 out of 10, make health insurance background a must have, a requirement. I would really like to work at Humana- they have a great reputation, where if you look at United Health on this board, it is a scary thing to even consider. I wondered if there is any way of getting to the hiring manager, and selling my case for being able to learn the business, while bringing a great deal to the table. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

Dear Jill,

It sounds like you have a good background and a lot to offer a company. Regarding 'health insurance experience required' sometimes that is what they really need for the role BUT sometimes if you bring something else that is very special to the table like an M.B.A. or highly desired certification then the other experience can be waived. My big picture guess is that your resume may not be as strong as other resumes that the recruiters are looking at. You may want to ask a professional to look at your resume. Check for spelling and gramatical errors as this almost automatically turns off the reader. Check that all the right industry words are being used. Do you provide enough detial in your resume or are you using a few bullet points to present your career history. Hope these tips help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

Thanks so much, for your suggestions, they are very good ones! I will enlist the help of a friend of mine who works for an outplacement company, I know she sees many resumes, and perhaps can give me some help with it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

Good luck Jill. One last bit of advice, so many people are told that they need to keep their resume to one page that is not true at all. Again, I don't know if it is your resume but I thought I'd share with you one of the main reasons recruiters at Humana do disqualify people is based on the resume/profile they have created in the system. One other thing, if someone applies for too many positions that are in all different areas they may look like they do not know what they want. I doubt that is your case but applying for up to 25 jobs is not a problem but more than that and your profile may not look good...or if they jobs applied for are for all across the board that does not look good. Again, good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

Thank you again- it was so good of you to take the time to share your expertise with me. I will work on the resume, and look over my profile on their system, to see if I can improve it. I have not applied for over 25 jobs, but have applied for perhaps 7 or 8- my experience has been in general management, IT management and Customer Service supervision, and I have been around awhile, so a number of their job listings have been very interesting to me. Most of all, I like people, and am very good with building teams, which is why I have applied for more than one or two-- 25, no! :-) I wish I could take a course in health insurance administration, to pick up the talents needed to hit the ground running, but don't know that that exists. I am reading books on Six Sigma and Lean, to get a general knowledge of these work style platforms, and it is very interesting, the concept of zero waste in the organization, and how to accomplish that in the actual workplace. Thank you again, Mable!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Vickie in Orlando, Florida

91 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Humana? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Humana is a very unprofessional company. I interviewed 3 times in 3 months for the same position! All three interviews was essentially the same. I was not updated on the status of the interviews and it seems that there is no communication among various locations. I interviewed with the Ohio, Wisconson and the Miramar Office. Everyone led me to believe that I had done so good and after 3 months I finally got an email telling me I did not recieve the position, who has three months to wait!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

No Provided in De Pere, Wisconsin

91 months ago

Vickie, I agree with you Humana is a VERY unprofessional company. I'm currently working for the company and am already searching for a new job. I've had issues with my Manager and HR is a JOKE. They asked me why I contacted them and didn't resolve my issues with my manager directly. I informed HR that I wasn't comfortable talking to my manager and felt HR was the appropriate place to go. I've never heard of such unprofessional business practices ever. My advise is to STAY AWAY from HUMANA!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Loving Humana in Louisville, Kentucky

91 months ago

Like any company, they normally request their industry experience in their want ads. If you feel you have the experience to be a professional employee then submit your CV for the job. Many of my co-workers, all levels of co-workers had no insurance experience at all. Several Managers in my area came from warehouse management companies, but that did not stop them from applying for the positions they were hired in from the street for.
There are times, in ANY job, that you are upset by your manager - there are a TON of cry babies that dont make it 6 months at Humana because of this DAILY whining. Again, this is pretty much like any company out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

I have many friends at Humana in DePere and Green Bay, Wisconsin, and what has been said here, is not at all what "no provided" has stated above, to have experienced. I would wonder if this person is the problem, in the dispute between him/herself and the manager- and if there are any other employees of the manager's that are having similar problems or not. Sounds to me like either a personality clash, or a case of a poor job fit. I hope to get a position at Humana, because they are known in this area to be a great employer. I know many of their HR people, as well as other types of workers in their various buildings, and to a person, I have liked and gotten along well with all of them, and all of them say the same thing- they love their jobs! I am in process for one, right now, as well as exploring several other companies- and my hope is that Humana will be the one!

No Provided in De Pere, Wisconsin

91 months ago

Jill in Green Bay, Wisconsin said: I have many friends at Humana in DePere and Green Bay, Wisconsin, and what has been said here, is not at all what "no provided" has stated above, to have experienced. I would wonder if this person is the problem, in the dispute between him/herself and the manager- and if there are any other employees of the manager's that are having similar problems or not. Sounds to me like either a personality clash, or a case of a poor job fit. I hope to get a position at Humana, because they are known in this area to be a great employer. I know many of their HR people, as well as other types of workers in their various buildings, and to a person, I have liked and gotten along well with all of them, and all of them say the same thing- they love their jobs! I am in process for one, right now, as well as exploring several other companies- and my hope is that Humana will be the one!

You can have MY job if you want it =) Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

Sure- I know you are joking, but if you dislike working there, you should be true to yourself and look elsewhere,then. I have been out of work for seven months, and have had many interviews, but the competition is fierce, especially for jobs that pay over $60,000 a year, which is my category. If you are serious, let me know- I would LOVE to interview for your job! I have had three interviews with Humana, and I know they are taking their time, to get the right fit, and while I understand that, it is hard to wait. Do give thanks that you HAVE a job, however stressful, because so many of us don't- with Kimberly Clark layoffs, Banta's buyout, Schneider's layoffs, and Michigan's auto industry, you are lucky to have one- do your best at what you do now, and look for something that will then make you happy. Just wanted to give you a perspective of what it COULD be like.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in College Grove, Tennessee

91 months ago

Does anyone work for Humana in Nashville,Tn in their Medi-care supplement or Health Insurance division as an account rep?

Nora N.

91 months ago

their pharmacy-department supervisors are MORE like "stupid-visors"..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Green Bay, Wisconsin

91 months ago

Wow- you are indicting the whole bunch of them, Nora? How many do you know, in each location- and what is YOUR rank in the system? I would guess, not too high up on the totem pole, to be listing a childish, generalized bashing like this. Good luck getting any higher, with that attitude- and you can't hide a bad one, people tend to notice. This forum is for good, constructive comments- and the category you posted to is "How to get a job at Humana", not "How to air your childish disses of your supervisors." Grow up. And by the way- I don't work for Humana- but if I did, it would be first on my list as a supervisor, to get rid of someone with an attitude like yours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Kris in Louisville, Kentucky

91 months ago

I have an interview coming up for a customer care rep at humana. Any tips, advice to give me an edge at my interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mable in Bothell, Washington

91 months ago

I used to work as a recruiter for Humana in Louisville. All you need to do to have an edge is to do the basics such as arrive on time, dress professionally and answer the interviewers questions in detail. At all costs, in all points of the process...including if you receive a disqualification email...be polite and respectful. When you leave the interview that the interviewer for their time and the opportunity to interview for this role at Humana.

Congrautulations on getting an interview and good luck. I think it is an excellent company to work for. There a lot of room for growth once you get your foot in the door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

suma

90 months ago

I think Bill is a conceited ding-dong if someone cannot express his/her opinion or experience at Humana.. Since "Bill" has stated he soes NOT work for Humana, possibly he him-self is one of those so-called "stupid-visors" who simply can-NOT get a job at Humana, so - his comments - to me - don't mean diddly -- [:>(0

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Green Bay, Wisconsin

90 months ago

Express all you want- but more intelligently than you have. You can neither spell, nor write a grammatical expression of your thoughts. Just because I do not work at Humana, does not mean I don't have a career position- I do. This board is for constructive criticism, and I reiterate- anyone who can categorize a very large and diverse group of pharmacy supervisors so nastily and summarily, is a jerk- ask yourself how you would feel, if you were one of a group that was smeared collectively as you seem to love to do- ever heard of the Golden Rule? False witness ring a bell? Hopefully, Humana will weed you out, as an undesirable- your attitude reeks. And you won't mean diddley to them, for long- why don't you tell US who you are, instead of hiding behind a fake surname? You sure do like to talk- hang it out there, if you are so special, instead of the cloaked potshots you seem to love.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anon in Simpsonville, Kentucky

89 months ago

I wasn't hired at Humana, but here's how the process worked for me:

1) I applied online for several administrative positions. About two days later, a recruiter from Chicago called me to arrange a telephone interview. That interview took about 20 minutes, in which she asked various questions such as, "Describe your past experience" or "Tell about a time when you faced a conflict and how you resolved it."

2) The following day, a local recruiter called me and wanted to arrange an in-person interview. So, since I was available, I scheduled for that day. He emailed me a confirmation, including the time and location of the interview.

3) After arriving at the interview, I waited for nearly 20 minutes before meeting the moderator. She was supposed to greet me at the entrance, but the security guard just told me where to go, which was the HR department. After getting lost and finding the obscure location, I had to ask someone to call me so that the moderator would come get me.

4) The moderator apologized and told me that she was unaware I had been waiting. She also said that there were normally supposed to be two moderators, but the other one had already left. She asked me a lot of behavioral type questions, relating to "accountability" and "customer service" and "dedication". This took about 45 minutes and she told me that after reviewing my interview profile (she was writing my responses while asking me questions) and that I would be contacted.

5) After nearly two weeks, I still received no response. Eventually I checked my profile on the Humana careers database where it said, "Disqualified" for the positions I applied for.

The bottom line is don't wait for Humana to call you and don't expect to be hired immediately. The seem to give you the run-around, the application process is very tedious and somewhat abrupt.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No Reply - Report abuse

for "Bill"..

89 months ago

i luved "suma's" response, above, in response to "Bill", above.. Hey "Bill" (above), why don't you also read the response from "Anon from Simpsonville" (above), as, it is not about "spelling", but, work environments and interview process - which - if rotten, most likely hires the wrong people anyway and thus contributes to higher turn-over, highr company costs to hire replacements, etc..

So, my impression is that Humana appears to have gotten-ahead-of-itself and may need a few more interdepartment "staff-meetings" based-on the majority of the "negative responses" so clearly indicated, above.

Since you ("Bill") have been on here more than once expressing your views, why don't you go through their interview process to see what it is, first-hand, rather-than what I percieve as your narrow-minded comments..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Iola, Wisconsin

89 months ago

Small thinkers here, again. Humana does have to revamp its interview culture- once again, you assume that I am totally pro-Humana- wrong again. Went through over three months of interviews, and they could never make a decision- there ARE things that they need to improve- and I feel for their salespeople, sounds like they have gotten a raw deal. Narrow minded? I am only looking for constructive comments, and tire of cretins who throw out lame posts like "stupid-visors"- I had hoped that the usual chat room turkeys would not have made it to what I hoped was a board for constructive exchange. The last comment above, was more intelligent, you have good points- but this is not a fight between me and whoever- if you have a problem with ANY company you post for here- by the way, I have posted for many, positive and negative appraisals- at least state it intelligently, and don't brand a whole group of supervisors as "stupid"- it is just plain wrong, there are good people to be found in every organization, and this comment tells me that this poster is either ignorant, pissed off at HIS supervisor, or just plain jealous. If I were Humana, I would track down this person, based on his writing style- you can track commments like Stupidvisor in your e-mail- I know, I am an IT person, and insurance companies store it FOREVER- and fire them. My guess is that this person feels free to use company e-mail for their personal vendettas- heck, they probably did their post of the "stupidvisor" comment, from their work PC- who is stupid, really? :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

read this "Bill"

89 months ago

Aaron in Louisville, Kentucky

5 months ago

TREX said: In what department do you work at Humana?

My nickname is Aaron and unfortunately I can't tell you for obvious political reasons, but trust me. I have a director level position. I have strong relationships with leaders in every area of the business including sales, info tech, customer service, most areas of hr, pharmacy ,etc. I know people from entry level associates to executive leadership. The turnover rate is horrible and the environment cut throat, but the pay is agressive in comparison to most companies that you will find inside or outside of Louisville, KY. There are some functional areas that are better than others, but overall I will have to emphatically agree with the other posters that the environment is horrible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

WOW !!

89 months ago

really interesting all the posts on here 'bout Humana and others

i'm going into business for myself so glad don't have to deal with all the b.s. of large companies,, would rather be poor but happy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anon

89 months ago

I am sharing a copy of a prior posting for others to read--

Anonymous in Louisville, Kentucky

6 months ago
There is validity to the negative postings regarding Humana's culture. I have been with Humana for over 10 years and the politics have prepared me to RUN THE WORLD! The most political enviroment I have ever seen. The key to success is developing strategic relationships in a field of land mines! I am bound by the golden handcuffs, but I definitely am disgusted at how we treat people! It is disgraceful!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

L in Kansas City, Missouri

89 months ago

It's too bad so many of you have had negative experiences with Humana. I was hired during Part D open enrollment and have loved every second of it. I think the thing to remember is with a company this size, you are going to have various sub-cultures within the larger, company culture. My office and co-workers are very positive and upbeat. We get a lot of training support and incentives. We are one of the strongest markets in the country. In my first year at Humana I netted in salary more than I grossed at my previous job in Human Resources at a manufacturing company. There are people in my office that sometimes speak negatively about the company or things that are happening, but I can't imagine those people being happy anywhere they work. Your perception of things often depends on you...what you put into it and your attitude. If you are wanting to work at Humana, do what I did. Talk frankly with the recruiter about their personal experience with the company, see if you can talk to other employees in your department, ask about the challenges of the position, meet as many people as you can and then make your own decision. I'm glad I did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Julie in Kaukauna, Wisconsin

89 months ago

Hi Everyone,
My daughter just applied to Humana, and after reading all of these postings I don't know what to think about Humana. Some say it is good, others say it is horrible. I am just hoping she can get an interview, but from what it sounds like it is pretty hard.
Everyone who hates their job I just keep saying," be glad" for you have a job. I have not worked for 2 years and I am still looking. I guess I just don't have enough experience. Well good luck to all of you who like or dislike Humana

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Denice in Pasadena, Texas

89 months ago

I have a telephone interview with Humana. The position is for a Regional Marketing Consultant. Any pointers on the interview. Are there any regional marketing consultant (or know of any)?

yur soooo right :>(-

89 months ago

read the post section on here for Humana under the "Benefits, Salary, etc." catagory BEFORE you go into your interview - as - U might B "unpleasantly" surprised by all the negatively--> U should FIRST print-it-all-out and take it into your interview with you --> so U can give it to those dip-sticks ! (maybe they'll forward it to their supervisory dip-sticks in the executive offices, who will then just throw-away/toss into their waste-basket most likely, since I'm sure their "exec"-jobs are so nice that "why change anything" or even attempt so.. as there's always another job-applicant out their anyway..)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sammy in Columbus, Ohio

89 months ago

does humana still require pre-employment drug screening for new hires?

Anon75 in De Pere, Wisconsin

89 months ago

sammy in Columbus, Ohio said: does humana still require pre-employment drug screening for new hires?

Yes, I was required to take a pre-employment drug test when I got hired earlier this year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sammy in Columbus Ohio in Newport, Kentucky

89 months ago

Thanks Anon75 - could you tell me a little more about the type of pre-employment checks they do (background, criminal, type of drug test, etc.)?

Anon75 in De Pere, Wisconsin

89 months ago

Sammy in Columbus Ohio in Newport, Kentucky said: Thanks Anon75 - could you tell me a little more about the type of pre-employment checks they do (background, criminal, type of drug test, etc.)?

You're welcome!

They did a background check that I consented to, but I think it is required. I had to go to a drug screening clinic that Humana chooses - pee in the cup test. Also if your role will have anything to do with Humana Military Associates you will have to fill out an extensive military background check, that was a piece of work to fill out. I almost felt a little violated with the military check but I understand it's the law when dealing with Military Employees. My bad credit didn't affect me on getting a job with Humana.

Good Luck to you Sammy, I hope I've been helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sammy in Columbus Ohio in Newport, Kentucky

89 months ago

Thank You! Your insights are very helpful! I appreciate your response.

nervous in Louisville, Kentucky

88 months ago

I have an interview this week for a contract IT position in L-ville. Any interview tips, especially for IT positions with Humana are much appreciated. I hate a cut-throat corporate environment and from many of the posts here, it sounds like Humana might be an uncomfortable place for me. I believe the contract is for 6 months, hopefully if I get the job, I can stick it out that long.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Frank in Royal Oak, Michigan

88 months ago

Bob in Green Bay, Wisconsin said: Mable, did you move from Sterling Heights, Michigan to Bothell,Washington? :-) Looking at the posts from above, just curious! No worries, I got the job I wanted at United Health late last week,and with no health insurance background, although a lot of great skills and valuable experience- and a wonderful attitude! I did come from automotive, from the Detroit- Dearborn area, have some Lean, Agile,and Six Sigma training under my belt, and my new supervisor is delighted to have me! I was not knocking your company, but was commenting on what I and a lot of my friends and acquantances have found over the years with your company. I haven't applied at Humana for some time, because every job description for leadership positions requires health insurance experience- that is why I applied at United Health!
I look forward now to applying my talents and skills for UHC's benefit. I hope you continue to recruit for Humana- they need an open mind as to what great benefits can come to their company, from having that fresh perspective, and not limiting themselves to just that- and everyone must remember that their particular profession operations can be learned by an intelligent person very, very quickly, but you cannot learn people skills and analytical thinking very easily- you either have it, or you don't. And you did not correct me, we were both right! Best of luck, wherever you are from!

Bob,

Did you have to pass a credit check to get your job with United Health? Just curious?

kimberlys in Cincinnati, Ohio

84 months ago

I have been with Humana almost 5 years. I think they are a good company to work for the most part. It is really hard to get your foot in the door they try to be selective in who the hire. Once you get in the door the opertunties are totally up to you. I have had several positions and have done well there. There are so may areas you can work in. Humana in Cincinnati does hire managers who do not have insurance back ground. I've seen people come in with call center, sales, and even retail. It took about 5 weeks from start to finish for me to get hired. I called them back after a week to see if there was a status on my interview. I then heard back from them a couple of days later with a offer.

Just stay positive and be your self.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

The Senior Advocate in Brandon, Florida

84 months ago

This is how Humana DMS in Tampa said Happy New Year to it's latest new hires.

Humana management took them all in a room and had them sign a document stating that they would work on their days off,or as needed which means(7 days a week for the rest of the year), to meet the needs of the calls that were holding. They were told if they missed a day of work...DO NOT COME BACK JANUARY 1, 2008. Now, they did not relize that a retired sheriff was in the room and he asked the Supervisor 3 times, is this legal?
He was told that what they were doing is legal.

Anyone have the phone number for the U.S. dept of Labor?

As for the rest of the staff, they were told in an e-mail the following. "Dec 28th through Dec 31st will be a scheduled work day for all DMS associates and staff. Meaning Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday is a Monday to us all. Every person is scheduled to work on all four days. Any exceptions will need Manager & Director approval."

This order came from Khursheed Zafar / National Director of Operations for Direct Marketing Services.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Steve Haun in Smyrna, Tennessee

82 months ago

Bill in Iola, Wisconsin said: Small thinkers here, again. Humana does have to revamp its interview culture- once again, you assume that I am totally pro-Humana- wrong again. Went through over three months of interviews, and they could never make a decision- there ARE things that they need to improve- and I feel for their salespeople, sounds like they have gotten a raw deal. Narrow minded? I am only looking for constructive comments, and tire of cretins who throw out lame posts like "stupid-visors"- I had hoped that the usual chat room turkeys would not have made it to what I hoped was a board for constructive exchange. The last comment above, was more intelligent, you have good points- but this is not a fight between me and whoever- if you have a problem with ANY company you post for here- by the way, I have posted for many, positive and negative appraisals- at least state it intelligently, and don't brand a whole group of supervisors as "stupid"- it is just plain wrong, there are good people to be found in every organization, and this comment tells me that this poster is either ignorant, pissed off at HIS supervisor, or just plain jealous. If I were Humana, I would track down this person, based on his writing style- you can track commments like Stupidvisor in your e-mail- I know, I am an IT person, and insurance companies store it FOREVER- and fire them. My guess is that this person feels free to use company e-mail for their personal vendettas- heck, they probably did their post of the "stupidvisor" comment, from their work PC- who is stupid, really? :-)

Bill,
Great comments! I worked for an insurance company for several years. Then became disgruntled...like a lot of the people that write comments on this blog. I quit my job and became a broker. Last year (my fifth year as broker), I made over 300K. If I quit today; I would have over $150K in re-newals for the next few years I say don't complain.....Go do something positive !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

kalm1 in Fort Thomas, Kentucky

82 months ago

I had three interviews, and was just offered the position I applied for last week. Starting salary was very good with benefits starting day one.
My experience (AND I only speak for my experience) has been wonderful...I do not have health care background either BTW...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TerryS22 in Louisville, Kentucky

79 months ago

kalm1 in Fort Thomas, Kentucky said: I had three interviews, and was just offered the position I applied for last week. Starting salary was very good with benefits starting day one.
My experience (AND I only speak for my experience) has been wonderful...I do not have health care background either BTW...

Kalm1 - how long did it take before they get back to you? Will you be working in corporate office? can you give me some specifics of what happens next? I too had my face to face interview and I wanted to know if you have any comments or suggestions to what happen after that? Did you call them back to check the status? do I have to call the recruiter or the hiring manager or the HR? I'm a bit confuse. Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

kimberlys in Cincinnati, Ohio

79 months ago

usually when you have a face to face interview they will take you back to hr if you are going to get another interview. It depends on the department you had the interview with. In the call center that is how it works. If you haven't heard anything go ahead and call the recuriter back to see how the status is.

Mable in Detroit, Michigan

78 months ago

You will receive an offer via email.
I'm a former recruiter for Humana.

bhzcn in Chesterfield, Missouri

78 months ago

thanks

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.