Sweat Shop from Europe

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Jennifer in West Chester PA in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

ING has adopted the American attitude of work, work, work. The false image that European owned companies are fair to employees has changed. Vacation policies sound great when you walk in with a generous PTO package. Just try taking a day off when you need it. Salt Mine, Coal Mine, Seat shop...call it what you want. Life is too short to be a slave for the paycheck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Babs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

Definately a sweat shop........Looks good on the outside, but beware!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Diane in Wilmington, DE in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

I've read some negative comments but I've been out of work for 3 months and starting to get desperate for steady income and benefits. I've worked at places that work you pretty hard so I think I can handle that part. I'm on depression meds and wanted to know if they drug test. I haven't been asked to disclose anything yet because I think there is a law. Anyone who has worked there I would really appreciate your input in case they hire me. I've been called back for a second interview and want to be honest in case they test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Babs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

Definately a drug test is required.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

HR in Des Moines

90 months ago

You should be ok with a drug test as long as your under a doctors care and can explain to the MRO if it shows up. Keep in mind companies are not looking for legal meds.

Jim in Austell, Georgia

88 months ago

I worked for ING for 7 years. The first 5 years were great. I had a fantastic manager and great co-workers. When this division of the company (life insurance) was sold to another company, I was able to transfer to another division. That was a mistake. The pay is low compared to similar jobs in other companies. Management is incompetent in the area I worked. Each year the company cut benefits or changed the rules on current benefits. I would avoid ING and am glad I got out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RAL in Chicago, Illinois

87 months ago

How is the legal dept in scottsdale arizona like? Sweatshop also?

HR Guy in Minneapolis, Minnesota

66 months ago

If you are taking your drugs via a legal prescription, you should have no problems. You will need to disclose the prescription only to the company conducting the drug test. Be prepared to prove your prescription. They only test for illegal drugs. Prescribed drugs are legal. Good luck to you.

Quarkbar in Florida

57 months ago

I agree with Jim in Austell, GA! Especially the last 4 sentences. Wouldn't advise working here unless your unemployment is running out and you need benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

azaa in Hounslow, United Kingdom

9 months ago

Quarkbar in Florida said: I agree with Jim in Austell, GA! Especially the last 4 sentences. Wouldn't advise working here unless your unemployment is running out and you need benefits.

any information on the cite in jacksonville fl ? any feedback on how it's to work there ... HOOD Or Not HOOD? anyone

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.