Seasonal Tax Advisor in 2012

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22)

Gail Houston in Plano, Texas

41 months ago

Ryan in Newport Beach, California said: I just recently passed the Enrolled Agent exam and am looking for more information about this position. What kind of hours are available? What is the ballpark pay? What can I do now that will put me in the best position to get hired next year? I plan on going back to school later this year so the remote "work at home" nature of this position would be ideal.

Ryan - I did not receive an alert for your question so I apologize for the delay. I am hoping you already got an answer but if not let me know - gail_houston@intuit.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KW49

38 months ago

The "Ask a Tax Expert - Seasonal TurboTax Advisor" position was posted a couple of days ago (today is July 19, 2011). I have already sent in my application online (Enrolled Agent here, with several years of work experience in tax preparation).

Now there is an "online assessment" as the next step in the hiring process -- a test with 50 multiple-choice questions, to be completed in one session of an hour or less. UPDATE: 11 hours after the original e-mail containing the URL link to the online assessment, another e-mail came in with "updated instructions" for the online assessment, which omit any mention of "50 multiple-choice questions." (The URL for the assessment is the same in both e-mails.) So, does that mean that it is NOT 50 multiple-choice questions after all???

Anyhow, I have a lot of questions about the position, all of which will be answered sooner or later I'm sure, but I was hoping to get a few answers sooner rather than later:

1. Is the online assessment about tax, and/or other types of questions?

2. The job summary states that "this position offers competitive salary, plus performance and retention bonuses with potential payout up to $8,400." Does that mean $8,400 INCLUDING or EXCLUDING the base salary?

3. How long is the season? Is it the normal tax season starting in early January and ending in mid- to late-April?

4. Any comments on what the complete hiring process for this position is like?

5. Can anyone who has had this position before describe their experience -- both the positive and the negative?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Thank you for your ? KW49 - I will send this on to Wanda to make sure she responds in the morning. We appreciate your interest.

KW49 said: The "Ask a Tax Expert - Seasonal TurboTax Advisor" position was posted a couple of days ago (today is July 19, 2011). I have already sent in my application online (Enrolled Agent here, with several years of work experience in tax preparation).

Now there is an "online assessment" as the next step in the hiring process -- a test with 50 multiple-choice questions, to be completed in one session of an hour or less. UPDATE: 11 hours after the original e-mail containing the URL link to the online assessment, another e-mail came in with "updated instructions" for the online assessment, which omit any mention of "50 multiple-choice questions." (The URL for the assessment is the same in both e-mails.) So, does that mean that it is NOT 50 multiple-choice questions after all???

Anyhow, I have a lot of questions about the position, all of which will be answered sooner or later I'm sure, but I was hoping to get a few answers sooner rather than later:

1. Is the online assessment about tax, and/or other types of questions?

2. The job summary states that "this position offers competitive salary, plus performance and retention bonuses with potential payout up to $8,400." Does that mean $8,400 INCLUDING or EXCLUDING the base salary?

3. How long is the season? Is it the normal tax season starting in early January and ending in mid- to late-April?

5. Can anyone who has had this position before describe their experience -- both the positive and the negative?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Here are the answers to some of your questions:
1. Is the online assessment about tax, and/or other types of questions? There are 25 tax related questions and then a short writing assessment.

2. The job summary states that "this position offers competitive salary, plus performance and retention bonuses with potential payout up to $8,400." Does that mean $8,400 INCLUDING or EXCLUDING the base salary? The bonus is on top of the hourly rate. It is paid out twice once in the middle of season and once at the end.

3. How long is the season? Is it the normal tax season starting in early January and ending in mid- to late-April? Season for us starts Nov. and goes until Mid- April. We have classes starting in Nov., Dec., and Jan.

• Candidate applies online and answers 5 pre-qualifying questions
• If the candidates passes the pre-qualifying questions, they receive an email with instructions on how to complete the assessments
• If the candidate passes the assessment, they receive a phone call from a recruiter to further discuss the position.
• Should the position be a match for them they will be schedule to do a phone interview with 2 members of the team
• All candidates go through a background check
• Candidates are notified on their interview status.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

KW49 in San Francisco, California

38 months ago

Gail, thanks so much!!

Gail Houston in Plano, Texas said: Here are the answers to some of your questions:
1. Is the online assessment about tax, and/or other types of questions? There are 25 tax related questions and then a short writing assessment.

2. The job summary states that "this position offers competitive salary, plus performance and retention bonuses with potential payout up to $8,400." Does that mean $8,400 INCLUDING or EXCLUDING the base salary? The bonus is on top of the hourly rate. It is paid out twice once in the middle of season and once at the end.

3. How long is the season? Is it the normal tax season starting in early January and ending in mid- to late-April? Season for us starts Nov. and goes until Mid- April. We have classes starting in Nov., Dec., and Jan.

• Candidate applies online and answers 5 pre-qualifying questions
• If the candidates passes the pre-qualifying questions, they receive an email with instructions on how to complete the assessments
• If the candidate passes the assessment, they receive a phone call from a recruiter to further discuss the position.
• Should the position be a match for them they will be schedule to do a phone interview with 2 members of the team
• All candidates go through a background check
• Candidates are notified on their interview status.

38 months ago

We were able to get a number of our employees to comment on their role in this organization. Check out the discussion on Facebook as our employees discuss the role - both positive and negative. www.facebook.com/intuitcareers - under the discussion tab (sorry Indeed is not letting me include the direct link)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

KW49 in San Francisco, California

38 months ago

Once again, Gail, thanks so much! It's very useful to read what experienced ATE people say about their jobs.

Gail Houston in Plano, Texas said: We were able to get a number of our employees to comment on their role in this organization. Check out the discussion on Facebook as our employees discuss the role - both positive and negative. www.facebook.com/intuitcareers - under the discussion tab (sorry Indeed is not letting me include the direct link)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ryan in Brea, California

38 months ago

I second KW49. The information is very appreciated. Can you tell us a bit more about the final couple of hiring steps?

Should we expect more tax questions from the recruiter or interviewer? What kind of questions are they asking?

Thanks

38 months ago

Thanks Ryan and KW49 - we will get back to you with an answer to your follow up question. We are also in the process of making a video with the hiring manager so stay tuned for that as well.

38 months ago

Ryan - here are the answers to your follow up questions. I have also added another employee comment on our Intuit Careers Facebook page - under the discussion tab.

If the candidate passes the assessment, they receive a phone call from a recruiter to further discuss the position. - So the recruiter is going to ask questions around their employment history, but no real tax specific questions.

• Should the position be a match for them they will be schedule to do a phone interview with 2 members of the team - The scheduled interview with the group will include tax related questions.

Should we expect more tax questions from the recruiter or interviewer? What kind of questions are they asking? Your interview will be a combination of general employment questions and tax related questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Forrest in Carrboro, North Carolina

25 months ago

This discussion and the links are both helpful, thanks. I have a background in financial services but not tax, and it's not clear to me if studying for and passing the EA exam would be sufficient to qualify me for the position. I'm sure you prefer tax experience, but do you consider people with my profile - significant financial, non-tax experience and active EA certification? Or is tax experience a prereq? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Thank you so much for your question. Our leaders will consider you for a Tax Advisor role as long as you are an active CPA or Enrolled Agent with an active PTIN and can pass the assessment. bit.ly/IntuitTaxJob

If you want to learn more about the role click here:
Ask a Tax Expert bundle - bitly.com/pY7stu

Best of luck, let me know how it goes.

Gail Houston
gail_houston@intuit.com

taxpro in Tucker, Georgia

12 months ago

Gail Houston in Plano, Texas said: Thank you so much for your question. Our leaders will consider you for a Tax Advisor role as long as you are an active CPA or Enrolled Agent with an active PTIN and can pass the assessment. bit.ly/IntuitTaxJob

If you want to learn more about the role click here:
Ask a Tax Expert bundle - bitly.com/pY7stu

Best of luck, let me know how it goes.

Gail Houston
gail_houston@intuit.com

Gail,

I realize that time has passed since this last comment but I also have a question concerning employment with Intuit. I have a CPA which is inactive. I am currently working on cpe to activate my license. When this is done, I will apply for the seasonal remote job at Intuit. I am not sure how long it will take for the reactivation to occur. Since the season starts in November, will there be additional hirings throughout the tax season?
Thank you in advance.

12 months ago

Hi TaxPro, thank you for checking back in. We have hired after Nov in the past - every tax season is a little different and depends on how many rehires come back, how heavy the support calls are etc. Please check back in with me once your CPA is active. Gail_houston@intuit.com and I will get you connected to a recruiter.

Gail

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

TaxPro in Atlanta, Georgia

10 months ago

Gail Houston in Plano, Texas said: Hi TaxPro, thank you for checking back in. We have hired after Nov in the past - every tax season is a little different and depends on how many rehires come back, how heavy the support calls are etc. Please check back in with me once your CPA is active. Gail_houston@intuit.com and I will get you connected to a recruiter.

Gail

Hi Gail,

Thanks for your reply. I now have an active CPA and am interested in applying with Intuit. Please let me know the best way to begin that process.

Thanks!

10 months ago

TaxPro in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi Gail,

Thanks for your reply. I now have an active CPA and am interested in applying with Intuit. Please let me know the best way to begin that process.

Thanks!

Applying is easy, check out this link and determine if you are open to part time or full time or both - enter your info and you will receive prompts for the next steps jobs.intuit.com/careers/tax-advisor-jobs

EA In Georgia in Gainesville, Georgia

10 months ago

Hi Gail,

Not sure if you are still replying to this thread as it is old. But I got an email last week for the part time tax expert position for this upcoming tax season. I submitted my application on 11/2. I emailed the person I got the email from today but no response.

How long does will it take for a recruiter to get back to me?

martinewestleigh@gmail.com in North Billerica, Massachusetts

10 months ago

Intuit is a lousy company. They will work you and then let you go, especially if you are part time tax professional. They really want you to state testimonials of the software for Professional Clients,, they use this as a way to get more user traffic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

EA In Georgia in Gainesville, Georgia said: Hi Gail,

Not sure if you are still replying to this thread as it is old. But I got an email last week for the part time tax expert position for this upcoming tax season. I submitted my application on 11/2. I emailed the person I got the email from today but no response.

How long does will it take for a recruiter to get back to me?

Thank you EA in Georgia - I appreciate your question. It should not take that long for a recruiter to get back to you. Typically a day or so. Have you heard back yet? If not, please email me at gail_houston@intuit.com and let me know the recruiters name and I can see if they are delayed or perhaps out sick.

EA In Georgia in Gainesville, Georgia

10 months ago

Thank you Gail. I have not heard back from the person. I applied for the full time tax expert position also this morning. I will send you an email as I am very interested.
Thank you

taxpro in Atlanta, Georgia

10 months ago

Gail Houston in Plano, Texas said: Applying is easy, check out this link and determine if you are open to part time or full time or both - enter your info and you will receive prompts for the next steps jobs.intuit.com/careers/tax-advisor-jobs

Thanks, I did apply....but have not heard anything as of yet. Will I hear something either way?

10 months ago

taxpro in Atlanta, Georgia said: Thanks, I did apply....but have not heard anything as of yet. Will I hear something either way?

Taxpro in Atlanta - You should see your status change in the MyJobsTab portion where you applied. You are welcome to send me an email to gail_houston@intuit.com and I can see where they are at with your application.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.