Marketing @ Intuit

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

lmb2010 in San Diego, California

63 months ago

Hi Gail/Jennifer,

I think it is great that you are both so accessible for questions. I have been interested in working for Intuit for quite a while, and I just saw a position posted in the Marketing function that I am very interested in. The requisition number is 68187.

I just wanted to know how long the position has been posted for and whether they are still actively searching for candidates. I applied online last night, but I'd like to see what my chances are.

If they are still actively looking for candidates, I would very much appreciate help in getting my resume to the right recruiter. Thanks in advance for any help/information you can provide.

Best Regards,

Lindsay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gail Houston in San Diego, California

63 months ago

Hi Lindsay - the position has been open for a while now and they have 3 candidates that are still in the interview stage. What I can't tell by the system is how far into the process they are - my gut is they are close to a decision on the 3 based on timing. That being said - it does not mean they aren't still looking at other candidates. So it will depend on how closely you match what they are looking for. I did send your profile directly to the recruiter and noticed that you had interviewed with us before as well so those notes are also in the system for him to review. I will let you know when I hear back.

Take care and best of luck to you on this role and with your search.

Also, we now have a fan page on www.facebook.com - intuitcareers - be sure to follow us there

Gail Houston
gail_houston@intuit.com

lmb2010 in San Diego, California

63 months ago

Hi Gail,

Thanks so much. I do appreciate the quick response and help. Have a great day!

Best,

Lindsay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

talenz in glendale heights, Illinois

62 months ago

Hi Gail:

I know a friend who apparently was among the 3 candidates you mentioned who were being considered for this position. He had his final onsite interviews about a month ago. They clearly indicated that they found him to be an extremely strong candidate who could do this job very well; however they expressed some concern that he was overqualified for the manager position and thus would be hard to retain if an offer was made. In any case they indicated that they would get back to him soon but haven't after a month for some reason.

My friend is very much interested in the company and would like to pursue Senior Manager roles as a better fit. Would you be able to help him get this resume and interview feedback in front of the appropriate hiring managers ?

Thanks.

Gail Houston in Tucson, Arizona

62 months ago

Please have your friend send me a resume along with the position number he interviewed for and I will see what I can find out. Also, if he was working with a recruiter in Intuit he should definately try to touch base with that recruiter again to see what happened. I know our intention is to always follow up but sometimes mistakes do happen.

Also, just as a point of advice to applicants reading this site, it is okay to ask your recruiter or hiring manager when you should expect to hear back. Then ask them if you don't hear back by the expected date is it okay to follow up with a call or email. Then make sure you do so - put it on your calendar and hold them to what they said. I love it when my applicants check back in with me on the date I asked them to if they had not heard back from me yet. Unfortunately while I always try to offer this most applicants do not take me up on it.

Have a great day, hopefully I will be able to help your friend out.

Remember to follow us on our new sites - our new careers website is www.intuitcareers.com, our facebook account is www.facebook.com/intuitcareers, twitter is @intuitcareers and we now have a Linked In group called Intuit Careers. Lots of ways to stay in contact with us now...use your favorite.

Take care
Gail Houston - gail_houston@intuit.com

62 months ago

talenz in glendale heights, Illinois said: Hi Gail:

I know a friend who apparently was among the 3 candidates you mentioned who were being considered for this position. He had his final onsite interviews about a month ago. They clearly indicated that they found him to be an extremely strong candidate who could do this job very well; however they expressed some concern that he was overqualified for the manager position and thus would be hard to retain if an offer was made. In any case they indicated that they would get back to him soon but haven't after a month for some reason.

My friend is very much interested in the company and would like to pursue Senior Manager roles as a better fit. Would you be able to help him get this resume and interview feedback in front of the appropriate hiring managers ?

Thanks.

Just wanted to follow up - your friend was able to reach me directly...he and the recruiter had touched base late last week while he was on the road so that is great news. I am checking into some of the other roles for him now as well. He is really nice and had great things to say about the interview process and those involved so I love getting those type of notes. I can see why you spoke so highly of him and really appreciate you taking the time to reach out to make sure all was going well.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else...have a great day.

Gail Houston
gail_houston@intuit.com

talenz in glendale heights, Illinois

62 months ago

Gail, you're the best!Yes my friend mentioned he connected with the recruiter just b'fore leaving for the trip last week which I learnt only this week.there could be legitimate delays for recruiters to get back etc so wasn't complaining at all.in fact,intuit cares if there is any delay which is speaks highly of its ppl oriented culture. not too many employers are like that

Re:my friend, as you noticed, yes he is really great- well rounded;has a great mix of hard/soft skills so i'd vouch for him any day. thanks for helping him out
cheers

62 months ago

talenz in glendale heights, Illinois said: Gail, you're the best!Yes my friend mentioned he connected with the recruiter just b'fore leaving for the trip last week which I learnt only this week.there could be legitimate delays for recruiters to get back etc so wasn't complaining at all.in fact,intuit cares if there is any delay which is speaks highly of its ppl oriented culture. not too many employers are like that

Re:my friend, as you noticed, yes he is really great- well rounded;has a great mix of hard/soft skills so i'd vouch for him any day. thanks for helping him out
cheers

He is lucky to have you as a friend as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.