Intuit Rehire Practices

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

matthewj in Plano, Texas

101 months ago

Does Intuit have any sort of bias (either positive or negative) regarding the rehire of former employees? Here's the situation: I worked for Lacerte tech support for three years, with good marks across the board. However, I found myself unable to break into tax development. It seemed that most developers hired were from outside the company at this point (2003). I do recall one person moving from support into development, but that was it.

So, to make a short story long, I took a development position with a key competitor, and I've been with them ever since. I hated to leave - frankly, Intuit was the best company I ever worked for, and I hated to leave. But in order to progress professionally, I felt I had to go.

At the current time, there are no TAP positions available, as I've been checking the job postings frequently. But since I found this board, (searching, ironically, for Intuit + Layoffs) I though maybe someone could give me the word on whether or not it would be pointless to apply, as they will not rehire employees who voluntarily leave; or, whether they'd appreciate the breadth of experience and give a former employee a leg up in the employment process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gailhouston in San Diego, California

101 months ago

Matthew - rehiring employees is considered on a case by case basis. It depends on your performance while you were here and of course we have to have an opening that fits your skill set.

I encourage you to work thru recruiting. They can help you understand your options.

Please send a resume to

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.