Intuit Rehire Practices

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Matthew J in Plano, Texas

78 months ago

Hi,

Does Intuit have any sort of bias (either positive or negative) regarding the rehire of former employees? Here's the situation: I worked for Lacerte tech support for three years, with good marks across the board. However, I found myself unable to break into tax development. It seemed that most developers hired were from outside the company at this point (2003). I do recall one person moving from support into development, but that was it.

So, to make a short story long, I took a development position with a key competitor, and I've been with them ever since. I hated to leave - frankly, Intuit was the best company I ever worked for, and I hated to leave. But in order to progress professionally, I felt I had to go.

At the current time, there are no TAP positions available, as I've been checking the job postings frequently. But since I found this board, (searching, ironically, for Intuit + Layoffs) I though maybe someone could give me the word on whether or not it would be pointless to apply, as they will not rehire employees who voluntarily leave; or, whether they'd appreciate the breadth of experience and give a former employee a leg up in the employment process.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gail Houston in San Diego, California

78 months ago

Matthew - rehiring employees is considered on a case by case basis. It depends on your performance while you were here and of course we have to have an opening that fits your skill set.

I encourage you to work thru recruiting. They can help you understand your options.

Please send a resume to gail_houston@intuit.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.