Must be a bad place to work!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

TrvAgt in San Antonio, Texas

84 months ago

Yeah..in regards to the turnover rate, I agree. The particular team that I was on lost 6 members AND changed supervisors 3 TIMES in SIX MONTHS!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Agent in Columbus, Ohio

84 months ago

Chase has great benefits, great training, they do expect you to work. They are adding jobs while others companies are cutting jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

SJ in Nashville, Tennessee

84 months ago

Yes they are a horrible place to work. I worked in their service center in Ridgeland, MS. They fired me because I left to go pick my son up from school because he was sick!! They either fire you or force you to quit. The benefits are not good. Your portion of the insurance to pay is extremely high. Please avoid this employer if all possible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Houston in Houston, Texas

83 months ago

Yeah, the IB Tech center in Houston, TX is a terrible place to work unless you want to feel and be treated like you are an offshore and cost cutting center. In fact, JPMC calls Houston "near-shore." The facilities are substandard, although they have been building out floors which are better. They promise the moon on bonuses but don't deliver. JPMC constantly gripes about how much money they spend on IT. They truly know how to make you feel like a burden and an expense. There are always jobs because people often quit. Bonuses come out in January and that's when the quitting season begins. The salary is below market value and if you are lucky, with a bonus (which depends on how well the company did overall, how well your team did, and then finally, how well you did) your compensation will come close to market.

Benefits at JPMC are not that great, esp. considering its size. You do get a lot of vacation days, that's the highlight. I've had better insurance with much smaller companies.

I can only speak about the IT Center, nothing on the "business" side. But if you went to college to get a CS degree and want to be treated like you are a burden and truly feel like you are working in an offshore tech center, come to JPMC! Also, most of the architecture is done in NYC. So if you have aspirations of that, prepare to move to NYC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

shirlee in Irving, Texas

83 months ago

outsourcing jobs to india

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

LF

83 months ago

YES---Thay are AWFUL to work for AND you won't have a job due to globalization...the worst employer---and sneakiest---EVER!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

prospect in chicago, IL in Lombard, Illinois

82 months ago

Any comments from those who work for JPMC in Illinois?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

William in Carol Stream, Illinois

82 months ago

Worked in the Elgin, IL facility for two years.

After six months, I had tenure over 95% of the floor. The place is most assuredly a revolving door. The pay scale is slim for what they expect you to do, the bonuses that are presented are often in the form of carrot dangling (i.e. unattainable, and often taken away last minute), and the supervisors rarely know anything, due to their lack of tenure, but they certainly act like they do, even if it's bad for business.

If you're looking for a quick buck for a month or two before you get on your feet with a real job, this place will suffice. If you're looking for a career, you're in the really wrong place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Run Far - Run Fast - Run Away in Westchester, Illinois

81 months ago

Sweatshop of incompetence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

offshore is coming in Tampa, Florida

81 months ago

The "offshore" to save money is hitting the helpdesks and IT quality assurance teams at Chase. (India and Mexico) The focus has been to reduce costs, with the sacrifice of all other considerations. Chase managers are scoring points for their evaluations by joining the "I can outsource too!" bandwagon.

good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

B in Aurora, Illinois

81 months ago

Run Far - Run Fast - Run Away in Westchester, Illinois said: Sweatshop of incompetence.

I just applied there, but your comment was funny! I worked there over 9 years ago when it was First Card. What was the pay for the Dept. you were in? If you don't mind, please???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KK in Aurora, Illinois

81 months ago

TrvAgt in San Antonio, Texas said: Yeah..in regards to the turnover rate, I agree. The particular team that I was on lost 6 members AND changed supervisors 3 TIMES in SIX MONTHS!!

From being fired or leaving/moving on? Their assessment was like 150 questions. Wow. But, I need them for about 6 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sonia1 in houston, Texas

70 months ago

Working for JP Morgan Chase was the biggest mistake of my life. Hostile work environment, bad management, and the benefits weren't great either.

I was better off working for a smaller bank...I was treated like a human, my hard work was appreciated, and the benefits were way better.

I would never recommend anyone to work for Chase!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Frink89 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

64 months ago

This place is definately a revolving door. In my first year there I had 5 managers and the make up of the team I was in is almost completely different every 6 months. As such finding an efficient team is almost impossible there, alot of that can be attributed to the "false promises" regarding the bonus and compensation. Often the best way to get a raise is to leave the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy Kavala in Dallas, Texas

64 months ago

Bad place to work?
Of course. Check this out
redirectionlink.wordpress.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jimmy in Bronx, New York

28 months ago

shirlee in Irving, Texas said: outsourcing jobs to india

so ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

scarlett in Denver, Colorado

27 months ago

SJ in Nashville, Tennessee said: Yes they are a horrible place to work. I worked in their service center in Ridgeland, MS. They fired me because I left to go pick my son up from school because he was sick!! They either fire you or force you to quit. The benefits are not good. Your portion of the insurance to pay is extremely high. Please avoid this employer if all possible.

I was recently hired by chase and by another bank and I am currently weighing my options. The other bank pays a higher base salary but the chase manager was full of big promises of large bonuses and incentive pay. One thing that you said that rings true is " they either fire you or force you to quit" In my interview for the job the hiring manager used the term "we either coach up or coach out" while I know that this is sales and bottom lines must be met, that comment left a very bad taste in my mouth to be said in the interview!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ex Chase Employee in San Ramon, California

27 months ago

scarlett in Denver, Colorado said: I was recently hired by chase and by another bank and I am currently weighing my options. The other bank pays a higher base salary but the chase manager was full of big promises of large bonuses and incentive pay. One thing that you said that rings true is " they either fire you or force you to quit" In my interview for the job the hiring manager used the term "we either coach up or coach out" while I know that this is sales and bottom lines must be met, that comment left a very bad taste in my mouth to be said in the interview!

Scarlett,
If they offered you a job, DO NOT take it if you have another option. They will promise you the moon, and the "opportunity" to make as much as 100% of your salary as your bonus. However, that rarely, if ever materializes. My husband still works for the branch as a manager and he gets screwed over every year. They have no set formula to pay out bonuses and every year, they "take away" for the smallest reasons, until your bonus is very small, if you even get one. They compete not against other branches but against themselves. So to get a bonus, you have to constantly out-do your numbers from the year before or you get "coached out" or invited to step down.
Do yourself a favor and get a job where you will be paid better on a regular basis, instead of hoping for a big payout which will never, ever come.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

scarlett in Denver, Colorado

27 months ago

Ex Chase Employee in San Ramon, California said: Scarlett,
If they offered you a job, DO NOT take it if you have another option. They will promise you the moon, and the "opportunity" to make as much as 100% of your salary as your bonus. However, that rarely, if ever materializes. My husband still works for the branch as a manager and he gets screwed over every year. They have no set formula to pay out bonuses and every year, they "take away" for the smallest reasons, until your bonus is very small, if you even get one. They compete not against other branches but against themselves. So to get a bonus, you have to constantly out-do your numbers from the year before or you get "coached out" or invited to step down.
Do yourself a favor and get a job where you will be paid better on a regular basis, instead of hoping for a big payout which will never, ever come.

Thanks for your help. I made the decision to go with the other company. The Chase manager did exactly what you said when I informed him of my decision, he made promises that I would double my salary in incentive pay. I am smart enough and wise enough through my prior experience in the banking industry that bonuses like that are non existent on the retail branch level period. I also felt apprehensive about the fact that the branch I was hired to work in has 4 personal bankers. That indicates to me that there is potentially a lot of back stabbing and nastiness in the office due to competition and having too many bodies and not enough clients.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

sherman in Allentown, Pennsylvania

25 months ago

Steve in Houston, Texas said: Extremely high turnover is the norm. My team had 75% turnover in approximately one year.

I worked for Chase for four years. Chase is loaded with incompetent middle management who don't seem to have a clue about the business. Since they have little talent, they surround themselves with their friends and people with far less experience. Yes - turnover is very high...especially with seniors.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Soup Dujour in Dangle, New Jersey

14 months ago

This website says it all about JPMorganChase:

www.chase-sucks.org

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.